Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread #78

Would you consider trading down out of the Top 3?

• Yes I would trade down

• No, keep the pick

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
This is the type of move a team has to make if they don't already have an Allen.
They have no cap space and all available goalies will cost too much, including their own Kuemper.
From a MTL pov it's a clear downgrade to go from Allen to Georgiev.
And if the Rangers see it that way maybe they will offer something for Allen.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
There is no question that Allen is a desirable target, at a fraction of the cost of Murray, and even less than Khubodin and several other clear backups.

Would be good for us to get another 2nd, because I think we're using at least one of them to move up from 26.

ML16

Aug 28, 2020
Montreal
Now that #7 is off the market, where else can the Habs look for a second pick in the #5-19 range?

Would the Flyers be open for trading #5? Even if they lack 2nd round picks this year and the next, would our « best possible offer » tonight, likely consisting of #26; #33; 2nd 2023 (#33-40 range) and Anderson (Petry doesn’t make sense, unless Ellis’ carrer is somehow over) be enough / worthwhile from the Habs’ POV?

The Sharks have no 2nd round pick this year and hold #11. Would #26 + #33 as a starting point spark their interest?

Likewise, Columbus holds #6, #12 and #44. Would #26 + #33 as a starting point for #12 spark their interest? The Blue Jackets however had great results with 2 high 1st last year; their ask might thus be unreasonable.

Islanders’ fans don’t seem to think it opportune at all, but in any event, if #13 is in play, should the Habs really be satisfied if it’s the only asset coming back for Anderson? Would NYI consider adding Dufour (RW prospect) if the Habs add something like #62; #65 or #75?

Likewise, Dallas’ fans don’t seem to think it opportune at all even with Klingberg heading for UFA-status, but, in any event, if #18 is in play, should the Habs really be satisfied if it’s the only asset coming back for Petry? If the Habs add something like #62; #65 or #75, which prospect could they hope to obtain? Alternatively, let’s say the Habs package #26 and Petry (also #26!) for #18 and Bourque, would the line be cut short or there would be a window for further bargaining?

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
calder canditate must be banking on two things. One, Petry having a good season; two, desperate teams at the deadline. I'm not so sure, the lenght of his contract is a major obstacle in the way of getting a 1st.
Look at what Letang got… Klingberg is going to get something similarly bad…Petry contract isn’t that bad when you start to compare…
Also with 2 years retaining 50% might be more of a option.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Look at what Letang got… Klingberg is going to get something similarly bad…Petry contract isn’t that bad when you start to compare…
Also with 2 years retaining 50% might be more of a option.
They will be able to move Petry without retaining any salary. IMO, he will be gone before FA begins.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
I think we are in a good position to get the maximum value from :

NOW: Allen

Around UFA deadline or after: Petry & a depth player

Deadline: Edmunston and or Petry if not traded already

We are being smart with our assets

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I think we are in a good position to get the maximum value from :

NOW: Allen

Around UFA deadline or after: Petry & a depth player

Deadline: Edmunston and or Petry if not traded already

We are being smart with our assets
We can’t trade Allen. Price is simply to much of a question mark and as much as the tank is important, we can’t leave the team with Montembeault level goaltending for a full season two years in a row. It would be demoralizing for our young guys. Primeau would have to take a big leap or we acquire someone else.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Looks like Allen, Petry and Anderson for draft picks in the 2023 draft, I’ll take it.

We can’t trade Allen. Price is simply to much of a question mark and as much as the tank is important, we can’t leave the team with Montembeault level goaltending for a full season two years in a row. It would be demoralizing for our young guys. Primeau would have to take a big leap or we acquire someone else.
I would target the crap out of Askarov. Nashville already has a young Saros

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Looks like Allen, Petry and Anderson for draft picks in the 2023 draft, I’ll take it.

I would target the crap out of Askarov. Nashville already has a young Saros
I wish we would have pursued the American ncaa goalie that played in Europe and the Olympic last year…. Forgot his nane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad