Speculation: Trade Proposal - Central Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habernack

BookHockey
Feb 10, 2010
Toronto
What would it take to get the Sedin brothers in Vancouver? Pleky, +, + go the other way type of package. It would be a UFA rental but might improve our offense? thoughts?

Many here aren't interested, but I for one, would welcome them as 1 year rentals.

At a reduced cap and for little to nothing in return of course.

Something inconsequential like: Pleks, Scherbak & a 2nd? lolz

Patch - Galch - Gally/Rads
Sedin - Sedin - Rads/Gally
Byron - Danault - Shaw

I could get behind that for 1 full year.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sedins are done!
You can't count on them in the playoffs.
I think they will retire in Vancouver.

I understand your concerns but they can help us for one season and if the price to acquire was not huge. I'd be interested if our other options fall through.

- H.Sedin > Pleky.
Then add D.Sedin to our top 9 mix and our offense is better. I can see the Sedin brothers haveing a great year if they are not the sole focus on offense where they were with the Canucks.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Many here aren't interested, but I for one, would welcome them as 1 year rentals.

At a reduced cap and for little to nothing in return of course.

Something inconsequential like: Pleks, Scherbak & a 2nd? lolz

Patch - Galch - Gally/Rads
Sedin - Sedin - Rads/Gally
Byron - Danault - Shaw

I could get behind that for 1 full year.

I agree. If we can get the Canucks to absorb salary (which they should), the Sedins may excel on another team where they are not 1st line players.

Jul 6, 2016
I agree. If we can get the Canucks to absorb salary (which they should), the Sedins may excel on another team where they are not 1st line players.

Don't dream too much. The Sedins gonna finish their carreer in Vancouver.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Doubt it. It's the best interest for both the Canucks and the Sedins to be traded. Question is does it happen this off season or the next trade deadline

Do you remember in 2008, when the Muskoka five declined to waive their no-trade clause?

That set Toronto back for nearly a decade. Back in the day, UFA trade deadline rentals were at peak value, the Maple Leafs might well have built a dynasty if they had traded Mats Sundin, Tomas Kaberle, Darcy Tucker, Bryan McCabe and Pavel Kubina. I believe the Habs offer for Sundin was Higgins, Grabovski, and a 2nd but I forget as it's been a while, that would have benefited the Habs as well, who might have won the cup that year with Kostitsyn-Sundin-Kovalev as their 1st line.

Jul 6, 2016
The Sedins in Vancouver are like markov and Price in Montreal. They gonna finish their carreer with their original teams. win or lose.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Do you remember in 2008, when the Muskoka five declined to waive their no-trade clause?

That set Toronto back for nearly a decade. Back in the day, UFA trade deadline rentals were at peak value, the Maple Leafs might well have built a dynasty if they had traded Mats Sundin, Tomas Kaberle, Darcy Tucker, Bryan McCabe and Pavel Kubina. I believe the Habs offer for Sundin was Higgins, Grabovski, and a 2nd but I forget as it's been a while, that would have benefited the Habs as well, who might have won the cup that year with Kostitsyn-Sundin-Kovalev as their 1st line.

I remember. But it's rare. Possible the Sedins want to stay but a chance to win with another team most likely makes them waive the NMC.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Alright...Another option. Blockbuster 3 way deal.

1) Habs trade Galchenyuk and a 2nd (50th pick) to the Kings for Carter and a 1st (11th overall pick). Kings get younger with Galchenyuk in his prime with a fresh start. Habs get an asset to use in the next deal as well as a proven #1C in Carter for the next 5 years at a great contract

2) Habs trade 2- 1st round picks (Habs #25 and Kings #11), Juulsen, Pleky, Lindgren for Duchene.

New roster:
Lehkonen / Carter / Radulov
Patch / Duchene / Gallagher
Byron / Danault / Shaw
DLR / McCarron / Mitchell
Carr/Hudon

Bang... just like that! Everybody is happy and it address pretty much each team's needs. If only it was that easy! lol

Last edited:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Alright... Blockbuster 3 way deal.

1) Habs trade Galchenyuk and a 2nd (50th pick) to the Kings for Carter and a 1st (11th overall pick). Kings get younger with Galchenyuk in his prime with a fresh start. Habs get an asset to use in the next deal as well as a proven #1C in Carter for the next 5 years at a great contract

2) Habs trade 2- 1st round picks (Habs #25 and Kings #11), Juulsen, Pleky, Lindgren for Duchene.

New roster:
Byron / Danault / Shaw
Carr/Hudon

Bang... just like that! Everybody is happy and it address pretty much each team's needs. If only it was that easy! lol

Only problem....the first trade isn't remotely close to reality.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

New roster:
Byron / Danault / Shaw
Carr/Hudon

This isn't half bad...except I think it would cost a bit more to get Carter.

But this is a good illustration on how it's possible to address our needs via trades.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Only problem....the first trade isn't remotely close to reality.

Oh yeah it is. It's on the main board and the Kings fans are very interested in Galchenyuk. There is 8+ year age difference between Galchenyuk and Carter. If they want Galchenyuk, they need to add and swapping 2nd and 1st makes sense. Carter is 32 and will be 37 when his contract ends. Kings need to add because Galchenyuk is heading into his prime years.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

But this is a good illustration on how it's possible to address our needs via trades.

8+ year age gap between Galchenyuk and Carter. If the Kings want to get younger and have Galchenyuk in his prime while we have Carter in decline years, Kings need to add. I think it makes both the Kings and Avs think real hard! But I only make this deal if both are interested.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Oh yeah it is. It's on the main board and the Kings fans are very interested in Galchenyuk. There is 8+ year age difference between Galchenyuk and Carter. If they want Galchenyuk, they need to add and swapping 2nd and 1st makes sense. Carter is 32 and will be 37 when his contract ends. Kings need to add because Galchenyuk is heading into his prime years.

Agreed.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

not really, we remove 6 million with only 1 year left, and we add 11+ million with several years left. Doing that means not being able to resign Price/Pacioretty

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
not really, we remove 6 million with only 1 year left, and we add 11+ million with several years left. Doing that means not being able to resign Price/Pacioretty

Price gets what? An extra $2-3M from what he is making today? Patch gets what? An extra $3-4M from what he is making today? That is a total of $5-7M of cap space we need to re sign both these guys (Price after 1 year and Patch after 2 years). Subtract yearly Salary Cap increases of $1M-2M and this alone almost covers what you need to re sign both players.

Salary Cap is not a major concern. This also doesn't factor that Emelin's contract is done after this year and guys like McCarron, DLR, Hudon, Sergachev, Juulsen, Scherbak will give you cap relieve for the next 5 years!

Also: Galchenyuk = Carter and Duchene = Pleky in salary. It's really a lateral move salary wise in that 3 way trade.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

First, Galchenyuk need a pricetag in order to trade him and get value. (Contract). If he ask for more money than Carter, then it makes absolutely no sense for them. If Galchenyuk goes to arbitration and get only 2 years then he's ufa....not a good deal for the Kings.

Second, Galchenyuk finished on the 4th line this year and the whole league knows about it

Third, If a 6'4" right handed, 60+pts center on a friendly cap is available....then you'll have a betting war for him and i don't see LA having to give any picks in order to trade him.....especially a top 15 pick no matter what age he is. Galchenyuk isn't worth that much right now.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I love Killorn as a player, but he is over paid. Can't have him, Shaw, Emelin, and Plekanec all being overpaid 3rd line/3rd pairing players.

Go big or go home. Top 6 center/top 6 scorer or bust. Enough with the 3rd and 4th liners.

Emelin and Plekanec have one more year. A Killorn trade would likely involve Plekanec going the other way. Centre is the priority, but Killorn is a proven playoff guy and is local to boot.

Wandering Maroon

Sep 11, 2010
Don't trade our prospects

I know that we have to give to get but we shouldn't trade our prospects. We're still crying about McDonagh :cry: We even have some Sven lovers wishing that we wouldn't have traded him. It never works out. He shouldn't even trade our draft picks.

Take a look at other teams prospects, Rags, Flyers, Isles (except for Dalcolle), Red Wings, Pens, Panthers. We actually don't look that bad. The Bruins, Sabres, Sens, Lightning and Leafs are deeper. Sergachev is as good as Chabot. Juulsen could turn into something (a mini-Weber):yo: and Bourque and Mete have potential. We don't have elite talent on the wings in Scherbak,Bitten, Addison but they could be NHL players. Is there a team with better goalie potential than McNiven and Lindgren?

We have a hole a center and it won't be fixed in 1 year or by trading 5 prospects for Duchesne.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Thread title should have been in the singular form. :sarcasm:

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011

New roster:
Byron / Danault / Shaw
Carr/Hudon

There's no way the Kings trade Carter AND their 1st for Galchenyuk and a late 2nd...

If anything it'd take Galchenyuk + 25 for Carter and LA's 2nd

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
First, Galchenyuk need a pricetag in order to trade him and get value. (Contract). If he ask for more money than Carter, then it makes absolutely no sense for them.
Second, Galchenyuk finished on the 4th line this year and the whole league knows about it
Third, If a 6'4" right handed, 60+pts center on a friendly cap is available....then you'll have a betting war for him and i don't see LA having to give any picks in order to trade him.....especially a top 15 pick no matter what age he is. Galchenyuk isn't worth that much right now.

Yeah, the Preds traded for RyJo last year and have to resign him this year as a RFA. Kings are trading a much older player in Carter for a much younger talent in Galchenyuk who is heading into prime years and needs a long term deal.

Kings acquiring a talent for Galchenyuk and locking him up to a long term deal ($6M for 8 years) is a great move for them. Makes no sense eh? I guess the difference between $6M and Carter's salary of $5.3 is a deal breaker eh? What a joke. You don't know what your talkign about! Galchenyuk is a serious young talent in this league and everybody knows he's been through a center/winger roller coaster ride in Montreal.

You have clearly fell in the trap that Galchenyuk is a bottom 6 player. What a bunch of nonsense!

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Sergachev is my only untouchable

Yeah same here, he's the only prospect I really don't want to trade.

To me it doesn't matter if those guys has potential, our window to win is closing fast and we don't have the luxury of waiting for all of those guys. By then, Price's contract will be up, Weber will be even older, Patches might leave in UFA. Our time to win is the next 2-3 years, we need help NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad