Speculation: Trade Proposal - Central Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Last thread is full.

Apparently, Tampa wouldn't mind moving Killorn because they are not going to protect him.

Killorn for Beaulieu?

He's a bit overpaid 4.450 M and is on a very long contract (7 years) but I like the player.

A solid two-way gritty winger that can kill penalties and produce around 40P per season.

Great PO performer 33P in 47GP.

Thoughts?

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Last thread is full.

Apparently, Tampa wouldn't mind moving Killorn because they are not going to protect him.

Killorn for Beaulieu?

He's a bit overpaid 4.450 M and is on a very long contract (7 years) but I like the player.

A solid two-way gritty winger that can kill penalties and produce around 40P per season.

Great PO performer 33P in 47GP.

Thoughts?
Awful.
Shaw and Killorn for 6-7 years? **** me

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Dont want Killorn and his 4.5mil for 6 more years. We need centermen and we need to rebuild.

Yeah, let's use up more cap space and for an extended term on a player we don't need.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I like Killorn, but there's no room for him and his contract anymore.

I would have made that trade had we not traded for Shaw, or had Lehkonen not been as good as he has been down the stretch.

As far as Tampa needing to shed some salary goes, I don't think Killorn would be the first one to go.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Why is it awful?

Getting Killorn doesn't stop us from getting a center.

And the rebuild thing is not happening.

How do you expect to build a winning team with Petry, Emelin, Shaw, Plekanec, Killorn and Weber all making 4+mil and who's best numbers gets you 42 points top. That's 32mil for 58 goals. You're as bad as Bergevin in your evaluation of players and at hiw to build a winning team. Please try again.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Tampa is likely to leave Killorn unprotected?

And yet, there are some posters here who don't think it's a good idea to leave Shaw unprotected.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
I love Killorn as a player, but he is over paid. Can't have him, Shaw, Emelin, and Plekanec all being overpaid 3rd line/3rd pairing players.

Go big or go home. Top 6 center/top 6 scorer or bust. Enough with the 3rd and 4th liners.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

And yet, there are some posters here who don't think it's a good idea to leave Shaw unprotected.

They are Bergevin supporters. You are nuts if you protect a concussion prone player who has failed to bring what he was supposed to and is a mediocre bottom forward on a horrific contract.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
How do you expect to build a winning team with Petry, Emelin, Shaw, Plekanec, Killorn and Weber all making 4+mil and who's best numbers gets you 42 points top. That's 32mil for 58 goals. You're as bad as Bergevin in your evaluation of players and at hiw to build a winning team. Please try again.

You're living in some dreamland! There aren't 100 Crosby's and 50 Karlsson's in this league.

40 points are second line production in today's NHL.

Petry with his 28 points finished the season in the same ballpark as Vlasic, Chara, Hanifin, Vatanen, Muzzin, Rielly, Brodin, Ekholm, Stralman, Ekblad, Lindholm!

Tampa is in cap hell.

I love Killorn as a player, but he is over paid. Can't have him, Shaw, Emelin, and Plekanec all being overpaid 3rd line/3rd pairing players.

Go big or go home. Top 6 center/top 6 scorer or bust. Enough with the 3rd and 4th liners.

Killorn is more of a second liner.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
You're living in some dreamland! There aren't 100 Crosby's and 50 Karlsson's in this league.

40 points are second line production in today's NHL.

Petry with his 28 points finished the season in the same ballpark as Vlasic, Chara, Hanifin, Vatanen, Muzzin, Rielly, Brodin, Ekholm, Stralman, Ekblad, Lindholm!

Tampa is in cap hell.

Killorn is more of a second liner.

You dont seem to get it dont you? You are paying 6 players 32 mil for 58 goals. 58 goals!!!

So what's you line up with Killorn? And remember that Radulov isnt part of the team and that Galchenyuk isnt a center.

Good luck!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They are Bergevin supporters. You are nuts if you protect a concussion prone player who has failed to bring what he was supposed to and is a mediocre bottom forward on a horrific contract.

Those two high second rounders Bergevin coughed up look even better now.

You dont seem to get it dont you? You are paying 6 players 32 mil for 58 goals. 58 goals!!!

So what's you line up with Killorn? And remember that Radulov isnt part of the team and that Galchenyuk isnt a center.

Good luck!

Would rather have the cap space and try and use it to leverage a player who can score, from a team too close to its cap ceiling.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I LOVE Killorn, but not at that contract

Yeah, that came right out of a bush ...

1oyaro.jpg

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Regardless, Shaw is on a similar contract. Doubt he'd get picked up.

Oh yes, he would get picked. You guys underrate all the players we have, I don't get what's the purpose...

Good luck!

You give me 3 D's and you're talking about goals? Since when are the D's supposed to be goal scorers?

Killorn scored 19 goals this season, this would put him third on this team only behind Max and Byron. You have no clue what you're talking about, honestly.

There are only 39 LWingers in the league that got more than 40 points this season and only 30 that got more than 19 goals. We're dangerously approaching first line territory here my friend!

Tha crap Pacioretty get's around here is unbelievable, the guy is freaking top 5 LW in the whole league.

For the lineup:

I think Radulov will resign.

I would trade Chucky+ for a real center that can pass the puck and play him with Max. I would sign Hanzal and get rid of Plekanec.

Max-?????-Gallagher
Killorn-Hanzal-Radulov
Hudon-Danault-Lehkonen
Byron-Mitchell/BigMac-Shaw

DLR, Martinsen

If Hudon is not good enough switch Lehkonen and bump Shaw to the third line.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Oh yes, he would get picked. You guys underrate all the players we have, I don't get what's the purpose...

You give me 3 D's and you're talking about goals? Since when are the D's supposed to be goal scorers?

Killorn scored 19 goals this season, this would put him third on this team only behind Max and Byron. You have no clue what you're talking about, honestly.

There are only 39 LWingers in the league that got more than 40 points this season and only 30 that got more than 19 goals. We're dangerously approaching first line territory here my friend!

Tha crap Pacioretty get's around here is unbelievable, the guy is freaking top 5 LW in the whole league.

For the lineup:

I think Radulov will resign.

I would trade Chucky+ for a real center that can pass the puck and play him with Max. I would sign Hanzal and get rid of Plekanec.

Max-?????-Gallagher
Killorn-Hanzal-Radulov
Hudon-Danault-Lehkonen
Byron-Mitchell/BigMac-Shaw

DLR, Martinsen

If Hudon is not good enough switch Lehkonen and bump Shaw to the third line.

That team doesn't pass round 2.

Radulov will ask between 6.5 and 8 mil a season.

Who do you get for Galchenyuk and +? What's that +? What's his salary?

You have Shaw at 4mil playing on the 4th line!!!!

How do you get rid of Plekanec?

After the 2017-2018 season, Everyone gets older, Price and Pacioretty are UFAs, Markov retires, we still draft 24th+ and we still dont have prospects that can come in and make a difference.

Martinsen and DLR, 2 players with absolutely no offensive upsides. But eh! They are big and can grind right?!

Doesn't look good man!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

So let me get this straight. He claims that Shaw would get picked if left unprotected.

And then he devises a fake lineup where Shaw is on the 4th line? :help:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

How do you get rid of Plekanec?

After the 2017-2018 season, Everyone gets older, Price and Pacioretty are UFAs, Markov retires, we still draft 24th+ and we still dont have prospects that can come in and make a difference.

Doesn't look good man!

Exactly I have a guy that was sporadically playing on the first line in Chicago playing on my 4th line! And I have a guy that scored 22 goals last year on my 4th line also...

Plekanec heads to Vegas.

Pacioretty is under contract for 2 more years, Emelin is off the hook after next season and Price gets his raise. Sergachev replaces Markov when he retires and Pacioretty gets his raise, honestly, I think Markov is good for 2 more years.

It's all good in HabsLand! :laugh:

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Exactly I have a guy that was sporadically playing on the first line in Chicago playing on my 4th line! And I have a guy that scored 22 goals last year on my 4th line also...

Plekanec heads to Vegas.

Pacioretty is under contract for 2 more years, Emelin is off the hook after next season and Price gets his raise. Sergachev replaces Markov when he retires and Pacioretty gets his raise, honestly, I think Markov is good for 2 more years.

It's all good in HabsLand! :laugh:

Its all good in Habsland you got that right. 25 years without a Stanley cup and definitely hitting the 30 years mark. Markov as 4 to 5 playoffs games in him at best per year, wow!

Why would Plekanec head to Vegas?

Sergachev isnt replacing Markov, nobody is replacing Markov.

Price will probably want to win a cup , so he wont resign in Montréal.

Pacioretty is probably heading to the States as he cant stand the pressure of playing here.

Man! Things do look brighter than ever in Habsland!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad