Confirmed with Link: Trade! Petersen & Walker & Grans and a 2024 2nd to Flyers : Kings 30% retention on Provorov and get Connauton and Hodgson

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Cool, you established that Blake wasn't capable of assessing the quality of the team when he came in with the agenda to win now. When Lombardi came in, the Kings had a record of 42-35-5 (89 points vs 97 points that Blake came in with). He made the agenda to rebuild, accomplished it, and won the cup within 6 seasons of starting his tenure.

By your admission, Blake failed to identify the team wasn't good enough his first season. Went to get a scorer instead of committing to a rebuild. Only halfway into the season when the team was playing like a turkey, he "changed his agenda" to rebuild. Then after committing to a rebuild for a whole 2+ seasons, went back to trying to win now again. And has had two additional seasons where his commitment to winning now has resulted in 5 playoff games won.

So, how long does he get to pursue this agenda? How many more times does he get to change his agenda?

You can keep throwing your ellipsis, ad hominem, caps locks and tantrums, but frankly it just shows how you're scrambling to keep up with your own logic and your incapability to hold Blake to task.

Rack him!

No the team wasn't good enough, but they also just came off of a 45-29-7 record the year before, kinda like how Florida won the President's trophy, then barely snuck into the playoffs.....man...imagine that, SPORTS....is not regimented, its fluid, now that your head has exploded...

They got swept his first season, because they couldn't score.....coming off of a 45-29-7 season, he goes and gets.....a goal scorer.....holy shit, the audacity of that move....

It backfired, 100%, but let's act like Blake should have had 20/20 vision there and KNEW that it wasn't gonna work, because well f*** we all knew...wait..what? During that year, his...oh shit, don't want to make your head explode again, but his agenda changed, started with the Pearson trade, Muzzin trade, etc he realized the team wasn't good enough, and either talked someone into it or he had the ok all along, but he started a rebuild/retool, then Toffoli, Martinez, etc,

Drafted high picks stocked the cupboard to the point it was one of the top prospect pools in the league, then started to bring in vets etc....wait for it.....agenda changed again....

But yea, back to the why didn't he sell off pieces coming off of 45-29-7....Gee....maybe that's not how PRO SPORTS works?

And the agenda changed why?

Was it because the vaunted prospect pool that you were giving Blake a bunch of credit for before anyone did anything ended up being a huge flop and wasn’t going to do anything while Kopitar was still useful, so he traded for vets instead, returning to the black hole?

QB and Turcotte are two of the least productive Top 5 picks through 3 and 4 seasons in the last two decades. These players were drafted in back to back seasons by Rob Blake. You and others amazingly give Blake credit for a prospect pool that was “highly ranked by all the media” but give him zero blame when that same prospect pool ends up being Indiana Jones 4 in reality. All the credit for projection and none of the blame for reality. Truly amazing.

Love how Grans is shit on by the Blake supporters while ignoring that it's another failed draft pick by him.

"He has no path here". Guy was close to a first round pick only two drafts ago. f***ing trade him after drafting Clarke then or while Durzi and Spence are killing it during 2022 and it's obvious there is a RHD logjam.

Par for the course, the drafting and development has been abysmal under this regime. First round picks who don’t even come close to living up to the hype, historically bad to be honest. What have they gotten from 2nd round picks?

Like I always say in the QB threads, go back and see what people were expecting from this youth movement after the 2020 draft. All these projected lineups were supposed to be filled with youth. Anything we got from 36 year old Kopitar was going to be a bonus because QB was going to be the 1C by now, Turcotte the 2C, Bjornfot in the Top 4, Kaliyev in a top 6 role.

And now some of these same people are telling us “the rebuild is ahead of schedule” after Blake “changed the agenda” to finish 3rd in the division with a bunch of trades and FA signings.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
It's okay. I have hope you'll grow up to be a rational person and look forward to you discussing your opinions at that time.

He did have the same tools when he came in, minus Sutter. Considering he came in right after Lombardi left.

I never said Blake had the same agenda as Lombardi when both started. Lombardi WAS tryingbto "win now" at the end of his tenure. Blake was trying to "win now" when he came in. So in that sense, they were aligned. But either way, your facts are, as usual, askew.

And this concludes the discussion, because we've been talking about Blake doing an average at best job. In four seasons he went in with the mindset to "win now", he has 5 playoff games won.

And while speaking of that... last year, 3 playoff wins. This year, 2 playoff wins. Interesting way to "trend up."

But the fact is I think Blake is an average GM. I don't hate him. But the times he met his agenda was when he amassed picks by running a bad team. He's better with short-term thinking. But I think the team needs a better GM who can think more long-term and execute a rebuild effectively.

The reason why I say he hasn't? Because he's not building through the youth he acquired. He dedicated 2 years to getting high picks (2019 was a change of heart midseason), but he's not leaning on any of the youth he acquired. The team is still depending very largely on vets from the DT and DL era. So, it's arguable if he can even do a rebuild.

I just think it's time to move on. You can call that irrational all you want, but it's "different agendas." I want a GM whose ass I can kiss. You want to keep the GM whose ass you're kissing.

This right here "execute a rebuild effectively." define effectively.....he went from bottom of the barrel to top 10...but that's not....effective?

Would you rather have an Ottawan like rebuild? Buffalo? What rebuild are you thinking is...."effective"

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Like I always say in the QB threads, go back and see what people were expecting from this youth movement after the 2020 draft. All these projected lineups were supposed to be filled with youth. Anything we got from 36 year old Kopitar was going to be a bonus because QB was going to be the 1C by now, Turcotte the 2C, Bjornfot in the Top 4, Kaliyev in a top 6 role.
ah, the good ole days

life was so much simpler then

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Rack him!

And the agenda changed why?

Was it because the vaunted prospect pool that you were giving Blake a bunch of credit for before anyone did anything ended up being a huge flop and wasn’t going to do anything while Kopitar was still useful, so he traded for bets instead, returning to the black hole?

QB and Turcotte are two of the least productive Top 5 picks through 3 and 4 seasons in the last two decades. These players were drafted in back to back seasons by Rob Blake. You and others amazingly give Blake credit for a prospect pool that was “highly ranked by all the media” but give him zero blame when that same prospect pool ends up being Indiana Jones 4 in reality. All the credit for projection and none of the blame for reality. Truly amazing.

Par for the course, the drafting and development has been abysmal under this regime. First round picks who don’t even come close to living up to the hype, historically bad to be honest. What have they gotten from 2nd round picks?

And now some of these same people are telling us “the rebuild is ahead of schedule” after Blake “changed the agenda” to finish 3rd in the division with a bunch of trades and FA signings.

Forgot, sorry, hindsight is king of f***ing everything on this board.....

Jesus Christ, it never ends....

Kings Fans: OMG Blake has to rebuild....

Blake Rebuilds

Kings Fans: Ok...great we have the best prospect pool....Blake did amazing

One year later

Kings Fan: OMG Blake sucks, how can he take those f***ing bums...this is awful....etc...

f***ing spare me the bullshit please.....have the picks turned out...not yet.....are they as dead as Lauri Tukonen's career...not even remotely close...

Would they better if they had a crystal ball...absolutely.....

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Forgot, sorry, hindsight is king of f***ing everything on this board.....

Jesus Christ, it never ends....

Kings Fans: OMG Blake has to rebuild....

Blake Rebuilds

Kings Fans: Ok...great we have the best prospect pool....Blake did amazing

One year later

Kings Fan: OMG Blake sucks, how can he take those f***ing bums...this is awful....etc...

f***ing spare me the bullshit please.....have the picks turned out...not yet.....are they as dead as Lauri Tukonen's career...not even remotely close...

Would they better if they had a crystal ball...absolutely.....

Blake rebuilds? How, by being bad for 2 seasons and drafting the wrong players, that is a rebuild?

So you and others were praising him for having "the best prospect pool in the league" but now won't give him blame for the same prospect pool being a huge flop. So again, he gets praise for projection but no blame for reality?

I don't know who you are directing the other part on, I was very skeptical of some of these early on. Turcotte it was apparent almost immediately that he was a terrible pick, again look at what he did in college vs what others did. Byfield, again it was apparent very early on that the Kings made the wrong pick out of the 2. You'd be heaping praise non-stop on Blake had he taken Stutzle and QB was struggling in Ottawa, so why can't one be critical for the other way around.

Also, you think people are just now bringing up these issues now or are MMQB it. There was plenty of debate on this forum about many of the decisions made on these prospects. I specifically remember you and I arguing at the time about the decision to have the two high picks playing in the AHL as teenagers, how the results have been less than ideal vs other paths each player could have taken, do you remember that? So how is it MMQB when these concerns were aired at the time of them being made.

And also, there are plenty of people here who wanted to do a longer and more patient rebuild rather than trying to bring in vets to make the playoffs but be no serious threat in them.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
How is it a failed draft pick? Picks are assets, nothing more, used to improve your team. He was probably the BPA on their list or they might've been looking at a dman at that spot and took him. 9 points in 59 games in the AHL doesn't exactly scream top 4. Where does he fit in the big picture, with Clarke,Spence, abd Durzi ahead of him. Only one guy taken after him has played more than 20 games.
He is being treated in the discussion here by most as a throw-in or "wasn't developing as planned" v. something like "really hate to lose Faber BUT..."

Dude was selected higher than Faber in the same draft. It's either a bad pick if you think he won't amount to much or this trade--and the ultimate price of Gavrikov--is really rich.

I understand a lot of it is probably copium but it really is one or the other. You say it yourself in your post: "doesn't exactly scream Top 4". So at 35OA and two drafts--almost three to be fair--later, he's an afterthought? Seems like a bad pick then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Herby and KINGS17

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
This right here "execute a rebuild effectively." define effectively.....he went from bottom of the barrel to top 10...but that's not....effective?

Would you rather have an Ottawan like rebuild? Buffalo? What rebuild are you thinking is...."effective"
I wrote an entire paragraph explaining it in the post you quoted. You're arguing this much and you're not even reading my posts?

How about you take time reading and digesting mine and everyone else's posts before you continue arguing. It explains why you might be struggling with following along.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Blake rebuilds? How, by being bad for 2 seasons and drafting the wrong players, that is a rebuild?

So you and others were praising him for having "the best prospect pool in the league" but now won't give him blame for the same prospect pool being a huge flop. So again, he gets praise for projection but no blame for reality?

I don't know who you are directing the other part on, I was very skeptical of some of these early on. Turcotte it was apparent almost immediately that he was a terrible pick, again look at what he did in college vs what others did. Byfield, again it was apparent very early on that the Kings made the wrong pick out of the 2. You'd be heaping praise non-stop on Blake had he taken Stutzle and QB was struggling in Ottawa, so why can't one be critical for the other way around.

Also, you think people are just now bringing up these issues now or are MMQB it. There was plenty of debate on this forum about many of the decisions made on these prospects. I specifically remember you and I arguing at the time about the decision to have the two high picks playing in the AHL as teenagers, how the results have been less than ideal vs other paths each player could have taken, do you remember that? So how is it MMQB when these concerns were aired at the time of them being made.

And also, there are plenty of people here who wanted to do a longer and more patient rebuild rather than trying to bring in vets to make the playoffs but be no serious threat in them.

Generally...I say that because you are one of the very few who were there from the getgo, but generally attacking past drafts based on what ifs, is literally the defintion of MMQB....there's not a single team in the league that hasn't had MULTIPLE WHIFFS....on picks, round 1 through 12...yet we act like GMs are supposed to be perfect in in forecasting players....how does that work?

But Blake absolutely rebuilt....he maybe didn't do it as long as you wanted, and didn't do it for decades like DET, BUF, OTT, EDM etc, but he definitely rebuilt,

Going off of Hockey DB (which apparently might not be the most accurate when it comes to ages, but it's relatively easy to use right now)

LA had last year 5 players north of 30, 29-27 range - 8 players, 26 - 23 - 12 players, 22 under - 9 players....

That's a fairly healthy roster construct when it comes to age....is he supposed to jettison every player 27+ do a full on decade year rebuild?

You said in another post, that NO MATTER THE CIRCUMSTANCE, A GM SHOULD HAVE A PLAYOFF SERIES WIN......and then go onto excuse Ottawa because they are "young and upcoming" yet...they still don't have a playoff win....

You bring up Ottawa but in their last 5 drafts...they've had 2 players play over 100 games, and 3 more play over 70, so that's 5 players worth anything, vs LA they've had 3 play 100 or more, and 1 with 99......so not only does Ottawa not sniffed the playoffs in the past 6 years, their drafts are suspect right? Or is that the right player argument?

Like I've said before, there's plenty to give Blake shit about, Peterson contract, trading for Lias Andersson, didn't like that one, but the ones that people pick out to bitch about, is just flat out mind numbing idiotic....

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
The reason why I say he hasn't? Because he's not building through the youth he acquired. He dedicated 2 years to getting high picks (2019 was a change of heart midseason), but he's not leaning on any of the youth he acquired. The team is still depending very largely on vets from the DT and DL era. So, it's arguable if he can even do a rebuild.

Leaning on vets from the DL era.....

Kopitar...Doughty....and Kempe?? Ok sure, but since you are the pointed out that Blake was with the team way before he was the GM, does he get credit for Kempe or not? Same with Roy

So we are gonna forget that Blake brought in Fiala, Arvidsson, Danault, Moore, Iafallo I think was one of his first acquisitions, I could be wrong on that, Vilardi, Durzi, Lizotte, Kaliyev, Anderson, Grundstrom, Kupari, Walker etc...

Sorry WTF is he leaning on except for players he has brought in?

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Ottawa has it’s young core already locked in.

Ottawa has no concerns with most of the key positions. Their #1 center is 21 and had 90 points, their #2 center is 24 and had 35 goals in 65 games. Pinto has shown more than any of the centers the Kings drafted and he will be their 3C. Tkachuk is Tkachuk and Sanderson was awesome this year. Those are some really solid young pieces to build around, they just need to learn to win like 11 and 8 did for the Kings.

You are doing the thing people liked to do here talking about DL’s drafting, games played don’t matter when it’s Nick Shore and Clifford, you can sign similar caliber players as free agents. You need to draft star players, and most of the time those are at the top of the draft. The Kings two top 5 picks have been historically bad so far, fair statement?

Reactions: YAYSAY

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
"because you hate Blake" is frankly pretty f***ing lazy. I'm not one of those guys who has the pre-existing hatred for him. I was pumping his tires/pedigree/potential early on, and was advising patience.

And yes, results matter, as do process. Blake has neither right now. Did you ever have a question of what DL's vision was? Every piece of Blake's puzzle has question marks.

Every GM makes mistakes. It's about avoiding egregious ones and compounding ones. Blake is now doing both. That's how they get fired. That's how DL got fired. Blake is not a special snowflake.

For the record, I do not care about Rob Blake. They can fire him today, for any reason, and that's fine. They could've fired him 3 years ago, or never hired him, and it's all good. My stances will remain the same no matter who the GM is.

What is so confusing about what Blake's doing though? This is his team. This is the have a job or not team. He inherited a fundamentally different situation than DL, invested in the team, it fell apart, he got one chance to re-group, and is now trying to do what he originally tried to do which is win again with the you know who's. It likely won't happen, but that's the road they chose.

I have no idea when his contract is up, but if it doesn't work by whenever it's done, or earlier if it falls apart again, he should be gone. How much more he might screw the franchise before he's gone, really doesn't matter to me. If it takes a decade for someone competent to fix his mess, them it takes a decade for someone competent to fix his mess. It's part of the ever unfolding story of the LA Kings.

Had they not traded for Lucic in 2015, that would've been fine. Had they traded Kopitar at any point before re-signing him, that's fine. Had they traded Doughty before re-signing him, that's fine. The latter two likely weren't going to happen though, and obviously DL wanted to do his thing with Lucic, so it's not worth dwelling on for 9 years. If they didn't fire DL when they did, that's fine. It is what it is. It was probably time to go, but if they kept him, so be it.

Wow, i've never seen someone go round & round in a circle like you do. I think i understand some of the other poster frustrations they have discussing items with you. It's like a merry-go-round. In a vacuum, your post can make sense -- but combined with your round & round comments it's bizarre. Maybe you forget what you say previously; or you are devious and like to screw around on purpose. You are the one who brings a hypothetical scenario up in a response -- and then when I respond to that, you take the other position as if it's not possible lol. Why did you bring it up in the first place? So weird.

Its not whether things are possible, it's whether they're likely to happen. Then at some point, accepting that whatever happened, happened. When the Kings were a top 5 overall team the day Kopitar re-signed, it was exceedingly unlikely that anything else but re-signing him was going to happen. It doesn't matter if it put the Kings further away from another Cup than had they dealt him, he was going to be given that contract. Blame the Cup wins for that, but every player that won the Cups thst could be rewarded for it, got rewarded for it.

You either sign, trade, or let Moore walk. The unlikliest scenario is letting him walk for nothing. A very unlikely scenario, with the Kings as a playoff team, is trading him for picks. So they're going to re-sign him. That's just baked in the cake with the current context of the team. The option to trade him for picks as a UFA was there, but they werent goung to do that.

Reactions: kinghock

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan

Kopitar...Doughty....and Kempe?? Ok sure, but since you are the pointed out that Blake was with the team way before he was the GM, does he get credit for Kempe or not? Same with Roy

So we are gonna forget that Blake brought in Fiala, Arvidsson, Danault, Moore, Iafallo I think was one of his first acquisitions, I could be wrong on that, Vilardi, Durzi, Lizotte, Kaliyev, Anderson, Grundstrom, Kupari, Walker etc...

Why would Blake get credit for drafting Kempe and Roy?

What he said is true, the best players on the team were drafted by DL or DT with Blake’s strategy to bring in older players adding the rest.

Who is the best player drafted and developed by the Kings under Blake?

Nothing against Mikey Anderson, he’s a really good #3 defenseman but when Mikey Anderson is the best player you have drafted and developed onto your team over a six year period there is obviously something really wrong with evaluation and development.

The Byfield and Turcotte picks should have produced good to great players by now with where they were drafted, they aren’t remotely close. It’s a huge issue, the proverbial elephant in the room.

Last edited:

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa has it’s young core already locked in.

Ottawa has no concerns with most of the key positions. Their #1 center is 21 and had 90 points, their #2 center is 24 and had 35 goals in 65 games. Pinto has shown more than any of the centers the Kings drafted and he will be their 3C. Tkachuk is Tkachuk and Sanderson was awesome this year. Those are some really solid young pieces to build around, they just need to learn to win like 11 and 8 did for the Kings.

You are doing the thing people liked to do here talking about DL’s drafting, games played don’t matter when it’s Nick Shore and Clifford, you can sign similar caliber players as free agents. You need to draft star players, and most of the time those are at the top of the draft. The Kings two top 5 picks have been historically bad so far, fair statement?

Correct, so then your six year period has exceptions....clearly.

What does Ottawa do if their # 1 C turns into Yakupov, and there #2 C turns into Connor Bleakley? Or is that just...not in the realm of possibility?

If they are one hit wonders what then?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

Lay off the pipe for one second and think.

How on earth would Blake get credit for Kempe? A player drafted in 2015 draft by DL?

Why are you so eager to shill for Blake when none of the rebuild players have taken a prominent role STILL. And the players with the most roles predate Blake’s era.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
"because you hate Blake" is frankly pretty f***ing lazy. I'm not one of those guys who has the pre-existing hatred for him. I was pumping his tires/pedigree/potential early on, and was advising patience.

And yes, results matter, as do process. Blake has neither right now. Did you ever have a question of what DL's vision was? Every piece of Blake's puzzle has question marks.

Every GM makes mistakes. It's about avoiding egregious ones and compounding ones. Blake is now doing both. That's how they get fired. That's how DL got fired. Blake is not a special snowflake.
This is the most alarming part. EVERYONE questioned DL after he won a cup because his moves weren’t making sense logistically. I can’t fathom the fact that if the guy who won the cup twice can be questioned. Why the f*** would Blake who can’t even get out of the first round not be?

DL was ten times the GM Blake was and people questioned his moves.

No one is hating on Blake just to hate Blake. His lack of vision and adherence to a plan is very moronic. I don’t know what the purpose of this blind cult like mentality people have here where Blake can do no wrong.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Why would Blake get credit for drafting Kempe and Roy?

What he said is true, the best players on the team were drafted by DL or DT with Blake’s strategy to bring in older players adding the rest.

Who is the best player drafted and developed by the Kings under Blake?

Nothing against Mikey Anderson, he’s a really good #3 defenseman but when Mikey Anderson is the best player you have drafted and developed onto your team over a six year period there is obviously something really wrong with evaluation and development.

He was assistant GM at the time, right? Is it possible Kings wanted to draft John Quennville and Blake talked them into Kempe? Or they wanted to draft Sami Niku and he sold them on Matt Roy? Or is it one GM one decision etc?

As far as best player Blake has drafted, a top pair LHD sure is up there, especially when you get him in the 4th round, Vilardi, Kupari, Bjornfot are all solid picks, Kaliyev, Spence, Byfield, Clarke.....all pretty damn solid, not sure that's the tree you want to go on...

All of them are still in their development window, If you look at Lombardi, you have decades to look back on now, so 2007 swing and a miss on Moller, Hickey, Cameron, 2008 swing and a miss on everyone but the obvious choice at Doughty, 2009 he took Clifford over Orlov, that's brutal....2010 Forbort etc...

You can look back at Lombardi's draft record because you have 10-15-20 years to look back and see who hit, who didn't etc, Blake doesn't have that yet....you can look back at 2019, and see prospects coming into their own....it's a good start.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Correct, so then your six year period has exceptions....clearly.

What does Ottawa do if their # 1 C turns into Yakupov, and there #2 C turns into Connor Bleakley? Or is that just...not in the realm of possibility?

If they are one hit wonders what then?
This is quite possibly the worst take you’ve ever had. What does this reply even mean, it has nothing to do with what I posted.

What are you basing Stutzle falling off on? Yes it’s almost completely out of the realm of possibility that Stutzle and Norris are Yakupov and Bleakley.

Neither player is a one-hit wonder, both have had multiple good seasons in the NHL.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

You are really focused on that top 10 crap aren't you?

The target of an NHL team is to win the cup, there is no trophy for being top 10.
He was pretty clear what he meant by effective rebuild

Being top 10 playing AHL teams, barely reaching the playoff and being kicked out instantly when playing a non AHL team, using the same washed up vets as the last 10 years is one thing.
Showing strong progress using the youngsters drafted for the rebuild while decreasing the usage of the Vets is another thing.

I let you chose which option is an effective rebuild

Reactions: head eyes

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
This is quite possibly the worst take you’ve ever had. What does this reply even mean, it has nothing to do with what I posted.

What are you basing Stutzle falling off on? Yes it’s almost completely out of the realm of possibility that Stutzle and Norris are Yakupov and Bleakley.

Neither player is a one-hit wonder, both have had multiple good seasons in the NHL.

So Norris is a good young player.....and Vilardi...isnt?

Norris - 133 GP, 93 pts,
Vilardi - 152 GP, 78 pts,

Norris is better, absolutely....but you ask who has Blake drafted etc, Vilardi is one of them, and he's in the same tier as Norris....

You are really focused on that top 10 crap aren't you?

The target of an NHL team is to win the cup, there is no trophy for being top 10.
He was pretty clear what he meant by effective rebuild

Being top 10 playing AHL teams, barely reaching the playoff and being kicked out instantly when playing a non AHL team, using the same washed up vets as the last 10 years is one thing.
Showing strong progress using the youngsters drafted for the rebuild while decreasing the usage of the Vets is another thing.

I let you chose which option is an effective rebuild

Dude, you are the guy who thinks the Central and PAcific EACH have 5 doormat teams.....your takes are clearly not based on anything in reality here.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
What I just learned.

Mikey Anderson being the best player drafted over a six year period is fine.

QB who is the 2nd least productive Top 3 pick through three seasons since the lockout is a “pretty damn solid pick”

Bjornfot who can’t even crack the NHL lineup his fourth season in NA is a “solid pick”

Also learned

Tim Stutzle who just scored 90 points as a 20/21 year old and Josh Norris who had 35 goals in 65 games as a 22 year old could end up being one-hit wonders.

Reactions: ibleedkings

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
What I just learned.

QB who is the 2nd least productive Top 3 pick through three seasons since the lockout is a “pretty damn solid pick”

Bjornfot who can’t even crack the NHL lineup his fourth season in NA is a “solid pick”

Also learned

Tim Stutzle who just scored 90 points as a 20/21 year old and Josh Norris who had 35 goals in 65 games as a 22 year old could end up being one-hit wonders.
I was informed of Andersen as well. Not to shit on the guy but it is absolutely alarming that the player drafted in the first month of Blake’s tenure is the success story. The guy drafted before the rebuild is the success story.

Pretty insane. I think it’s a safe bet that Vilardi is undoubtedly going to be the best forward from the rebuild. And he’s also the same player who plays the third line because he’s blocked by Kopitar and Danaults line.

How can anyone compare the roles and points of the Ottawa rookies and then look at the Kings and say it’s all good.

People bring up Byfields age as if he was 12 when the Kings drafted him as if it’s normal that Byfield shows almost no signs of being a special player.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
What I just learned.

Also learned

Well then it's sure as shit confirmed you can't read......no one said Anderson was the best pick....

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
So Norris is a good young player.....and Vilardi...isnt?

Norris - 133 GP, 93 pts,
Vilardi - 152 GP, 78 pts,

Norris is better, absolutely....but you ask who has Blake drafted etc, Vilardi is one of them, and he's in the same tier as Norris....

Dude, you are the guy who thinks the Central and PAcific EACH have 5 doormat teams.....your takes are clearly not based on anything in reality here.

Norris is better than Vilardi, he’s more productive and he plays a more important position.

I don’t even know if you realize the stats you posted. But they aren’t stats of players on the same tier.

Norris is a C who over 82 game avg has been a 33-24-57 player

Vilardi is a RW who over 82 game avg has been a 22-19-41 player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad