Proposal: Trade Ottawa/Pittsburgh

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Sens say yes.

I'd switch out Anderson for Floury rather easily. Also Puempel is worth a 3rd at most.

I figured the 2nd was to cover the extra money Ottawa would take. Which means the Sens auto-deny the trade.

I'd pass from a Sens POV. Fluery is useless once April hits. Smarter to spend money elsewhere.

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
Id do the first trade. Im not a big Fluery fan but we could use the shake up. I dont think our management would be too thrilled with another teams big contract again.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I figured the 2nd was to cover the extra money Ottawa would take. Which means the Sens auto-deny the trade.

I'd pass from a Sens POV. Fluery is useless once April hits. Smarter to spend money elsewhere.

2013 called, it wants its memes back.

Seriously, saying Fleury sucks in the playoffs is as outdated as saying Marty St. Louis is one of the best RWers in the NHL.

PensRedwings2887

Dec 1, 2010
He looked pretty bad in the playoffs.

Howcome a 21 year old murray won his job then?

Why do you guys wanna trade him so bad if hes so great?

1. Fleury substained a concussion in the middle of the season, and once you get a concussion, your more susceptible to getting them.

2. Murray played well and was hot down the stretch and teams will ride the hot goal-tender through out the playoffs.

3. With the expansion of LV happening next season, the Pens don't want to lose Fleury for nothing, and w/ Murray being under control for atleast the next 2 seasons at the cost of $950,000, moving Fleury means the Pens will have more $$ to spend on free agents/RFAs

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
I'd do this after this year. Anderson should be the better goalie this year so it would be best to wait till after this year to do this trade.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
Why does ottawa do this exacly?

Anderson has been better then fleury lately and fleury seems to be going on a downward spiral and pretty sure he wont bounce back

Easy no from ottawa, adding pumps to that trade seems like a huge overpayment also

I'm sorry, what now?

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Isn't there a decent chance Puempel ends up waivers? seems a bit ridiculous to be paying a 2nd for him.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

Anderson has been better then fleury lately and fleury seems to be going on a downward spiral and pretty sure he wont bounce back

Easy no from ottawa, adding pumps to that trade seems like a huge overpayment also

as a neutral fan...what????

andersen is coming off a2.78gaa/.916sv% season, fleury 2.29/.921.

fleury and a 2nd for anderson and puempel? the sens would absolutely take that and run

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Pittburgh wont trade him ,who really cares if they lose him in the expansion draft .They are trying to go for two in a row ,and him being in Pittsburgh helps try to accomplish this .That alone has value

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I like it for the Sens but idk for the Pens.

There isn't really a market for goalies, but I think Pittsburgh would still holdout for a better deal. Go into the season with two starters, and if another team has an injury they could could give Pitt a very good offer for Fleury if Murray continues his solid play.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Pittburgh wont trade him ,who really cares if they lose him in the expansion draft .They are trying to go for two in a row ,and him being in Pittsburgh helps try to accomplish this .That alone has value

His NMC means he has to be protected in the expansion draft, unless he agrees to waive.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
His NMC means he has to be protected in the expansion draft, unless he agrees to waive.
Ok fair enough,but they can always see about trading him later.I just think he stays to help the very talented but also very young cup winner they already have.Not a bad thing to have a good vet around

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
as a neutral fan...what????

andersen is coming off a2.78gaa/.916sv% season, fleury 2.29/.921.

fleury and a 2nd for anderson and puempel? the sens would absolutely take that and run

Man Ottawas defense has been so sad the last five years... Anderson is the only reason Ottawa has not been picking with the Oilers

spartachris

Feb 15, 2013
Ottawa
The main reason Fleury looked good was because he has a better team in front of him. Crosby, Malkin and Kessel all play on different lines. Pitts 3rd line is better than most teams 1st line. Fleury only looks good because of that! If they had a better goalie in the past he would have even more cups. I compare Fleur to Howard in Detroit. Great puck control team with average D but some of the most talented speedy forwards in the game.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston

Did I wake up in 2012 this morning?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Ottawa is a team I could see MAF going to if he wants to get closer to home. Pens would need Anderson coming back plus something else. How's Hoffman feeling these days? MAF, pick, prospect for Anderson/Hoffman.

I would do the deal in the OP....but no way in hell we'd move Hoffman.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town

I think that's what will happen, precisely for the reason you mention, and that they will just buy him out next summer (because of the NMC).

Personally, I would rather get something for him before they have to dump him for nothing, but then again there are very solid reasons for keeping the same band back together as you look for a repeat, and especially in MAF's case, keeping a very popular locker room guy in the mix. I think if he knows its definitely the last year, he wont fuss or agitate but play his part and do what he can to help the team.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
He looked pretty bad in the playoffs.

Howcome a 21 year old murray won his job then?

Why do you guys wanna trade him so bad if hes so great?

Do you know how I know you don't know what you're talking about????

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
I could see OTT perhaps being interested, but I don't see Rutherford doing that trade (due to the 2nd). And how interested OTT was would depend on how Anderson does this season. I think this would be something that happens at the end of the season - unless OTT gets desperate and is willing to pony up something Rutherford wants.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
This is a bad trade for Pittsburgh, expansion draft looming or not.

That aside, do you think there'll be a "good" trade for PIT with MAF? I mean it would be nice... but personally I'm not holding my breath. I think the time for that was a month ago. Now I think we'll basically get **** in return just to keep him/Murray out of the expansion draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad