Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
That lack of urgency is kind of interesting. Not that I expect them to be chomping at the bit exactly, but I've been assuming they were mostly interested in picks.

Doesn't mean it has to be picks this year. Word earlier was the Wild is very impressed with the depth of this draft. Haven't heard that changing, so they might be more than willing to let the draft pass and focus on 2018 picks.

Edit: Unimpressed. Very unimpressed with the depth of this draft.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
That lack of urgency is kind of interesting. Not that I expect them to be chomping at the bit exactly, but I've been assuming they were mostly interested in picks.

You should never rush a deal. Patience prevents shortsightedness.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Doesn't mean it has to be picks this year. Word earlier was the Wild is very impressed with the depth of this draft. Haven't heard that changing, so they might be more than willing to let the draft pass and focus on 2018 picks.

I was wondering the same thing. The only problem with trading for 2018 picks is that you don't really have any idea where they'll end up. Still, if there's really no one in the bottom half of the 1st that they care about I guess you might as well shoot for 2018.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

I think it'll be a stuff trade for Scandella.
Buf: Ullmark+ Grigensons/Larsson
Bos: Spooner+ Zboril/Lauzon
MTL: Mitchell+ Juulson/McCarron

Not that I like those trades (random picks added somewhere), but it fills holes in the lineup and gives depth.

The cap space the Wild have probably covers the RFA signings. Scandella trade covers the rest of the depth/position players cap hits.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I think it'll be a stuff trade for Scandella.
Buf: Ullmark+ Grigensons/Larsson
Bos: Spooner+ Zboril/Lauzon
MTL: Mitchell+ Juulson/McCarron

Not that I like those trades (random picks added somewhere), but it fills holes in the lineup and gives depth.

The cap space the Wild have probably covers the RFA signings. Scandella trade covers the rest of the depth/position players cap hits.

I'd gun for 25+Mccarron

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Don't think Scandella+Pominville could return Pastrnak alone.

no kidding. I do think there is a bit of hysteria about him in Boston, but we could add Zucker to the pile and they still wouldn't deal.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Takes two to make a trade, and teams may not want to play along. Even more so when they know how bad we want to move that contract.

Plus the time to move Pominville is a week from now, if that's what we're going to do.

I'm not convinced that we need to move his contract that badly either, but we'll see.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
no kidding. I do think there is a bit of hysteria about him in Boston, but we could add Zucker to the pile and they still wouldn't deal.

If the Wild had a 20 yo that just put up a 34g/35a season. I'd be unwilling to trade him for anything short of an elite player, no package deals would be satisfactory to me. So I don't really blame Bos there.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Reading along as Russo tweets details of Fletcher's floor movements is always a draft highlight :laugh: I always read them in the voice of a golf announcer.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Reading along as Russo tweets details of Fletcher's floor movements is always a draft highlight :laugh: I always read them in the voice of a golf announcer.

I was getting a kick out of it too. It's a play-by-play of what is happening at the table. :laugh:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
This trade better go down tonight. We have been talking trading a Dman for a year and a half. I'm worn out.

I'm just bored of the large pack of garbage for a quality player conversations that always happen on the trade board.

People think they don't have to give anything to get anything. A package of crap is still just crap, no matter how much crap you stuff into the package.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Word is Preds and Avs are talking about Duchene. I'm going to be quite upset if the Preds get the big time C over us a-****ing-gain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad