Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Reactions: Nsjohnson

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
The offer sheet talk that usually happens this time of year always makes me think of people discussing the best way to fight a unicorn.
The Wild somehow manage to avoid the dreaded offersheet angain this year. Both Dumba and Zucker file for arbitration.

Reactions: Bazeek

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I wonder how much Fenton is in on Faulk. Would a deal like Nino+Olofsson make sense for Carolina? Take him off the market.

That would give the Wild a lot of options to then approach the Leafs, Oilers, Senators, etc. without hurting the blueline too much.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'm pretty firmly entrenched in the 'wait and see' camp right now.

Do Nino and Coyle rebound back to 50-60 point players?
Does Eriksson Ek progress and take a firm hold of the #3C spot and looks the part as the heir-apparent to one of the top 6 spots?
Do Zucker and Granlund continue what seems to be some pretty darn good chemistry?
Does Suter come back by game 1 and does the defense continue on and look the part as one of the 3 best top 4 units in the league?
Does the Parise of the last 2 months of the 2017-18 season show up on day 1?
Etc...

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
With Weber out for at least until December, I wonder would Spurgeon interest Montreal?

Spurgeon for Kotkaniemi, Lehkonen or something around that?

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
He may interest them...but not for what you want there.
The trade of Spurg for Kotkaniemi is a totally fine trade, hell, it may even be an add (small) for Montreal, but that's in a vacuum.

In reality, Montreal doesn't want to let go of C prospects. So, I don't think they make that trade.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
The trade of Spurg for Kotkaniemi is a totally fine trade, hell, it may even be an add (small) for Montreal, but that's in a vacuum.

In reality, Montreal doesn't want to let go of C prospects. So, I don't think they make that trade.
Hence why i said it.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The 3rd team is getting paid to take on bad contracts. How would we be able to do that?

Third team is asked to take on salary, not bad contracts. Ryan Callahan's contract expires after next year. You can move pieces around; especially if you get young guys back.

Everyone wants to trade someone, but when it actually comes to trading, no one wants to do it.

Let's say you move Coyle (-3.2 million) and a Marcus Foligno (-2.875) (6.075 million), but bring in a guy like Ryan Callahan (5.8 million) and a Brayden Point (.687)...

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Third team is asked to take on salary, not bad contracts. Ryan Callahan's contract expires after next year. You can move pieces around; especially if you get young guys back.

Everyone wants to trade someone, but when it actually comes to trading, no one wants to do it.

Let's say you move Coyle (-3.2 million) and a Marcus Foligno (-2.875) (6.075 million), but bring in a guy like Ryan Callahan (5.8 million) and a Brayden Point (.687)...
You have a really strong grasp of how a contract dump works. Holy f***, what are you talking about?

Kase

May 1, 2016
I'm wondering if Wild are looking to sign some CHL player to a contract like San Jose did with Kotkov. I think they are at 45 contracts at the moment with RFAs included, so they could sacrifice one contract slot if they feel there's some player that didn't get drafted and that they really like.

Players I personally would consider from this years draft class are Pavel Gogolev and Ryan Chyzowski for example. Or maybe some older player like Ivan Kosorenkov. Gogolev and Kosorenkov especially have some intriguing skills, and wouldn't mind adding them to the prospect pool with the cost of a contract slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad