Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Good luck with Jones, assuming the rumours are true. He's good middle 6 depth, reasonably reliable and decently tenacious on the forecheck. Still no news about what Minnesota traded in order to acquire him.

If David ****ing Jones even comes close to playing in our middle six when we're healthy I'll puke.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Good luck with Jones, assuming the rumours are true. He's good middle 6 depth, reasonably reliable and decently tenacious on the forecheck. Still no news about what Minnesota traded in order to acquire him.

Source?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Where is this Jones steam coming from???

I saw it on I think a CGY radio stations twitter, they cited Sportsnet, but I haven't seen it anywhere else.

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
How would picking up a 4th liner/healthy scratch mean one of our top defensemen is gone?

because I could see the explanation of selling him to us as a means of using Brodin to get RNH or Yak.

"We are sad to see Brodin go, but we need scoring and RNH/Yak bring that to us. We brought it Jones as a gritty guy who gives all of his heart when playing and should help us fill the void in Jonas's absence and he plays a good defensive game"

Chuck loves himself some grinders.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
The only "source" I'm seeing cited about Jones is from this account: https://twitter.com/SportsOn770

There aren't any current live tweets mentioning Jones. Until it's been confirmed by a vetted source, I'm thinking it's all hearsay.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Looks like the tweet was deleted though so I'm thinking it's either part of a bigger deal or not actually happening.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Seriously what is taking so long??? its 45 minutes past the deadline on a day where only a handful of deals were made

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Seriously what is taking so long??? its 45 minutes past the deadline on a day where only a handful of deals were made

They're making sure the salary cap works on our trade for McDavid. :sarcasm:

But yeah, taking forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad