Proposal: Trade for Brock Nelson

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
But are any of those centers you've listed going to take the puck to the net? It causes chaos when shots are taken from in front of the net. Our centers are too predictable when everyone is doing the same exact thing. Also if you want win the cup you can't have small centers and small wingers. You just won't win it all. If we had a legit #2 when Johansen went down we might have had a chance. Bonino was a #3 center and is not a legit #2. Fisher lost his scoring touch in the playoffs. Jarnkrok, Gaudreau, Sissons are #3/4 centers.

Creating a hole while not filling one just to have a guy drive to the net isn't what I would call much of a gain. So you trade Fiala, now your 2nd line wingers are Hartnell/Jarnkrok and Smith/Aberg. I think I would just assume keep Fiala tbh.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Agreed- I have high hopes for him as well.

I really think the whole "attitude" issue is (hopefully) going to be a thing of the past. His playoff performance and then, ironically, his horrific injury has completely changed the narrative surrounding him. He has gone from being looked at by many as an immature head case to one of the most popular players on the team.
yep agreed. i believe fiala is very well liked on the team. he is the young guy. everyone's "little brother".

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I agree with the problem but our strenght down the middle lies in depth. If/when Fisher returns we have Johansen-Bonino-Fisher-Jarnkrok in center. While not having a surefire 2C I can tell you that is a great group of guys and best center depth we've ever had. Add Sissons and Gaudreau to that, too.

Besides, our offense's strength in general lies in depth. We don't have a lot of starpower upfront but if we can put together 4 lines that can score (which we can if Fish comes back and the youngsters succeed) we can make up the lack of the starpower.

Museula

Jul 21, 2016
Castle
Creating a hole while not filling one just to have a guy drive to the net isn't what I would call much of a gain. So you trade Fiala, now your 2nd line wingers are Hartnell/Jarnkrok and Smith/Aberg. I think I would just assume keep Fiala tbh.

Rebounds have you heard of them? Fiala is exactly proven. 16points last season.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

Fiala also spent most of the season in the AHL. Putting in rebounds is great, assuming you have the talent to generate a shot to rebound to begin with.

We don't have a ton of skill guys that can generate, even one less now with Wilson gone.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
He only turned 21 last week. Let's pump the brakes a little bit on thinking he's not worthy of doing anything. He played well in his short playoff time last season and with Wilson gone he'll be put in more significant situations as he matures more. In fact I think he'll be our most improved player this year, assuming the injury doesn't come back to bite him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad