Proposal: Trade for Brock Nelson

Museula

Jul 21, 2016
Castle
I think the Preds should trade for Brock Nelson. He is a big center that drives to the net and scores. This would create a lot of rebounds for the wingers. Our players especially the centers are seem to be afraid to drive to the net. Also a big center would create some space for our smallish wingers. I think the Islanders would accept Fiala. I would over pay to get Nelson. I know Nelson is bad at faceoffs but he is no worse than Bonino. If Paul Gaustad is not doing anything maybe they could hire him to work with Bonino and Nelson on faceoffs. What do you think?

Museula

Jul 21, 2016
Castle
i am not really interested in giving up fiala for a 2-3 center. he's a complimentary piece and fits with our core age, sure. but i have higher hopes for fiala.

He's a number 2 center behind Tavares. I am not a Fiala fan which I hope I am wrong about if they keep him. I care more about winning the cup. I don't think Fiala would help as much as Nelson.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Fiala for a center that's a slight upgrade (if at all) on Fisher and Bonino? No thanks. Rather just ride Fisher out for 2 years and then try to sign Duchene.

Museula

Jul 21, 2016
Castle
But then you've completely defeated the purpose of trading for him in the first place.

No. I would still try him at center or be happy with him at wing. I really like how Nelson likes to go to the net and scores. #1 or #2 centers that are good at faceoffs are costly these days. Too costly. I shall not mention D word.

Museula

Jul 21, 2016
Castle
Fiala for a center that's a slight upgrade (if at all) on Fisher and Bonino? No thanks. Rather just ride Fisher out for 2 years and then try to sign Duchene.

I think Lavi can get into players heads and squeezes out performance. Nelson has yet to be squeezed by Lavi. Wait that doesn't sound right. You know what I mean.

Last edited:

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Fiala is smaller. I don't like his attitude although people says it's better.

man, at his age i was a punk! still am.. give him some slack. he showed a lot during the stretch run. his OT winner against Chicago was a franchise highlight. he is going to be great for us. he will contribute 45-50 points this year for us.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I do hope you are right. I am really intense and annoying to some people. I am trying not to be. I just want the Preds to win the cup.

i am enjoying the fresh voice and looking forward to you contributing much more in the future. i think you have a lot of good views to share and post about.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I understand wanting a better 2C, but you gotta have someone to help get it in the net. We already lost Neal, so that means we are already depending on Smith or Aberg for the other side.

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
Yeah, not a fan of trading Fiala at this point. Willy's gone as well as Neal don't forget, not that he did much lately but that's another winger we don't have to slot in, I don't think we can really afford to be trading Fiala for a 2/3 C (unless that C is Duchene, I might change my tune then.) Besides, I like Fiala's play, I think as he matures we'll quickly see a hell of a lot more from him.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
man, at his age i was a punk! still am.. give him some slack. he showed a lot during the stretch run. his OT winner against Chicago was a franchise highlight. he is going to be great for us. he will contribute 45-50 points this year for us.

Agreed- I have high hopes for him as well.

I really think the whole "attitude" issue is (hopefully) going to be a thing of the past. His playoff performance and then, ironically, his horrific injury has completely changed the narrative surrounding him. He has gone from being looked at by many as an immature head case to one of the most popular players on the team.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Because of the Bonino signing I would say no way. As it stands now we have Ryjo, Bonino, Jarnkrok, Sissons, and Gaudreau down the middle. Fisher may still be back as well. Nelson wouldn't be much of an upgrade over what we have imo. Really not worth giving up Fiala in my mind.

Museula

Jul 21, 2016
Castle
Because of the Bonino signing I would say no way.

But are any of those centers you've listed going to take the puck to the net? It causes chaos when shots are taken from in front of the net. Our centers are too predictable when everyone is doing the same exact thing. Also if you want win the cup you can't have small centers and small wingers. You just won't win it all. If we had a legit #2 when Johansen went down we might have had a chance. Bonino was a #3 center and is not a legit #2. Fisher lost his scoring touch in the playoffs. Jarnkrok, Gaudreau, Sissons are #3/4 centers.

Last edited:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
But are any of those centers you've listed going to take the puck to the net? It causes chaos when shots are taken from in front of the net. Our centers are too predictable when everyone is doing the same exact thing. Also if you want win the cup you can't have small centers and small wingers. You just won't win it all. If we had a legit #2 when Johansen when down we might have had a chance. Bonino was a #3 center and is not a legit #2. Fisher lost his scoring touch in the playoffs. Jarnkrok, Gaudreau, Sissons are #3/4 centers.
Blame Joe Sakic for this problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad