Proposal: Trade/FA Thread '21 Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I don’t understand Buffalo on this one. It’s not like trading Eichel to a division rival will take away any chance of them making the playoffs in the next decade or so.
If a division rival arrived with an amazing offer that other team can’t beat, they will probably do it but that won’t be the case with the Habs

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I hope we can get Hyman in the off-season. He’d fit in perfectly with this team. I would try to find a way to get Tuch (likely never gonna happen though), Wilson (also never gonna happen) and one of the Tkachuks (most definitely not gonna happen) to have the most entertaining troll team in the league.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I don’t agree with the final point. Romanov has a great first pass. He’s not doing much in the offensive zone, but he can skate by the first forechecker and make a smart outlet pass. Habs don’t have that other than Petry.

I find this adjective to be way overused when describing our young players. The only thing that's "great" is Romanov's skating and perhaps his enthusiasm for the game. He's an interesting young player, but nothing more.

Assuming Chiarot is lost in the expansion draft, there is still enough physicality between Weber, Edmundson, Petry, Merrill (or whoever they sign for the 3td pair) and Fleury. What we lack is a powerplay quarterback, transition ability (which you overestimate in case of Romanov) and creativity from the blueline, to take full advantage of the talent of our young forwards.

Now, if we could acquire all this without trading Romanov, I'd be very happy, but I would not hesitate to move him for Girard.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Don’t think both will be move, but what I wanted to say it’s that the chance that MTL are on the 4 list team of Fowler are slim and I don’t think they want to have an other 30 + D at 6,5m +, but yes I agree he would be a really nice fit
Yeah, Fowler means we're likely not getting a top 6 forward. Too much money.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
If we sign Schwartz and Okuluv (KHL) to a reasonable deal we could afford a good PMD.

For me, Hampus Lindholm isn't worth that much. MB should give them a call..

If Poehling + Harris + 1st round pick doesn't move the needle for them, you hang up and move on.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
If we sign Schwartz and Okuluv (KHL) to a reasonable deal we could afford a good PMD.

For me, Hampus Lindholm isn't worth that much. MB should give them a call..

If Poehling + Harris + 1st round pick doesn't move the needle for them, you hang up and move on.
Then you can already move one for Lindholm. It will take at least a top 15 pick or a grade A prospect in the offer. I totally agree that he will be an amazing acquisition but we will need to pay the price. No thanks for Okuluv but totally agree on Schwartz

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Then you can already move one for Lindholm. It will take at least a top 15 pick or a grade A prospect in the offer. I totally agree that he will be an amazing acquisition but we will need to pay the price. No thanks for Okuluv but totally agree on Schwartz

IMO, Lindholm is a good D but far from elite.

I guess we don't agree on the quality of the player. But that's ok ;)

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
IMO, Lindholm is a good D but far from elite.

I guess we don't agree on the quality of the player. But that's ok ;)
Yes Lindholm is a stud, a 5 vs 5 machine, one of the best defensive D in the league and he can bring offense. He’s underrated because he plays for the Ducks but the guy is really good. Our 1st pick will be very late and it’s a weak draft, Poehling still didn’t show that he can be a regular in the NHL and Harris doesn’t have that much value, kind of prospect that every team have

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Yes Lindholm is a stud, a 5 vs 5 machine, one of the best defensive D in the league and he can bring offense. He’s underrated because he plays for the Ducks but the guy is really good. Our 1st pick will be very late and it’s a weak draft, Poehling still didn’t show that he can be a regular in the NHL and Harris doesn’t have that much value, kind of prospect that every team have

It's your opinion, and I respect it.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Let Tatar, Staal, Merrill, Gust walk.
Trade Drouin & Kulak
Re-sign Armia, PD & Perry
FA - sign Hyman & Larsson

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
I've made a bunch proposals in the last couple of days but down the line, If we loose Drouin (which we will), I'm pretty sure MB will go after Johnny Gaudreau. A talented LW is what we need.

IMO, that's the best thing that can happen the our offense this offseason.

I know a lot of you won't agree with me but Johnny Hockey would be a slam dunk in my book.

Toffoli - Suzuki - Caufield
Gaudreau - KK - Anderson
Wood - Danault - Gallagher
Lekhonen - Evans - Armia

The question will be, what can we give Calgary to land Gaudreau: We have a bunch of options, that's no problem IMO

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Word is Hyman will be worth 5 to 6 million on the open market. No thanks.
He's not worth anything near that, not will any team sign him for anything close to that. The only places I've heard those numbers are on this board of people thinking what he'll get. He's a 20-30 point player when not playing with two of the better players in hockey. He would lose all value at that price. Any team who pays him $5M+ should expect the same result as Clarkson type player etc. except Hyman never had those numbers either. $3.5-4.25M on the high end is what he's worth.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He's not worth anything near that, not will any team sign him for anything close to that. The only places I've heard those numbers are on this board of people thinking what he'll get. He's a 20-30 point player when not playing with two of the better players in hockey. He would lose all value at that price. Any team who pays him $5M+ should expect the same result as Clarkson type player etc. except Hyman never had those numbers either. $3.5-4.25M on the high end is what he's worth.

he's good but we have too many of these guys

Reactions: Sterling Archer

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I hear more and more reports about teams with pending ufa's being open to sign-and-trade. Don't remember hearing much about this innthe NHL inbthe past.

I guess the thinking is, with the flat cap, teams who want to sign players don't have the cap space. And, teams with pending ufa's that want to go elsewhere want to get something instead of losing the player for nothing.

I would be happy to use Josh Anderson as trade bait in a sign and trade for a top 6 forward or an LD partner for Weber.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I keep thinking Landeskog-Suzuki-Caufield would be one helluva top line...
My ideal offseason is get a top 6 like landeskog amd have our top 6 composed of Toffoli, Suzuki, Caufield, Gallagher, kk, and the top 6 forward we acquire this offseason. Landeskog would be perfect.

Them have Lehkonen-Danault-Evans as our shutdown line.

BarracudaMtl

Apr 15, 2018
I hear more and more reports about teams with pending ufa's being open to sign-and-trade. Don't remember hearing much about this innthe NHL inbthe past.

I guess the thinking is, with the flat cap, teams who want to sign players don't have the cap space. And, teams with pending ufa's that want to go elsewhere want to get something instead of losing the player for nothing.

I would be happy to use Josh Anderson as trade bait in a sign and trade for a top 6 forward or an LD partner for Weber.

Trade the only PF this team got in years....

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
The absolute dream would be to sign Landeskog, although I don't expect him to leave Colorado.

Landeskog-Suzuki-Caufield :banana:
Toffoli-Kotkaniemi-Anderson
Poehling-Danault-Gallagher
Armia-Staal-Perry

Reactions: Gyfu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad