Proposal: Trade/FA Thread '21 Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Is he a power forward or a Ryan Reeves that can hit but doesn't contribute offensively?
Pls stop...Reaves doesn’t make those off wing rushes w puck to the net, Teaves doesn’t make that play allowing Byron to get a breakaway. He’s specifically been told by his coach he & his linemates job is to hit the opposition any offense is a bonus

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Pls stop...Reaves doesn’t make those off wing rushes w puck to the net, Teaves doesn’t make that play allowing Byron to get a breakaway. He’s specifically been told by his coach he & his linemates job is to hit the opposition any offense is a bonus

He's closer to a 5.5M Reaves now than to a power forward.

The guy is playing hurt for sure
I mean, he was scoring at a 27 goal/82 game pace during the season.

After a fast start to the regular season, i.e. after the league started game planning for us, in his last 52 games played, these are his stats:
9g, 6a, for 14 points, and is -21.

That's a pace of 14 goals and 22 points in 82 games, and a -33.

Has he been injured the last 52 games? If the answer is yes, ok, that's a different story.

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Yeah, Fowler means we're likely not getting a top 6 forward. Too much money.

he would, possibly... depends on how lucky we get with the expansion draft (Allen?) and with some GM's falling in love with the playoff storylines that inevitably prop some guys up to unrealistic/unsustainable reputations (the pisani effect!) to perhaps freeing up some more dollars...

but either way, adding an LD with that skill set would do wonders to improve more than just our weak LD issues, it would also greatly increase the productivity of our forward group and help our young talent take bigger strides offensively.... Anderson/Gally/Toffoli/Caufield/Lekhonen/Poehling (plus whatever of Perry/Byron/Drouin/Armia may be back) and Suzuki/JKO/Evans (plus Danault or his replacement) is a significantly better group the minute you replace Chiarot's ice time with that of a competent top-pairing or top-4 PMD.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
...Rags offer Kakko and/or Lafreniere with pluses (draft picks probably)...Kings offer Byfield plus...either beats the Habs offer here easily unless we get stupid and start with Suzuki...we need to forget about an Eichel package (unless the Sabres get really dumb and trade him for pennies on the dollar) and get a Top 4 PMD so Braindead Ben Shyterot never sees Top 4 duty with Montreal again...

I think the Rangers might offer one of Kakko or Lafreniere but doubt the Kings offer Byfield and the rumor I heard is the Kings are out.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Is he a power forward or a Ryan Reeves that can hit but doesn't contribute offensively?
He won't be traded, unless he asks for it. Guy signs here long term and you trade him after a year. Great signal you are sending here to UFAs. This market is not very popular. Yeah, let's make it even worse.

Unless you're Andrew Shaw and you find out you don't like the market, players sign long term contracts for the stability in choosing a place to establish themselves and their family long term. It sends a very bad message to the players if you ship him out after a year.

Reactions: DAChampion

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He won't be traded, unless he asks for it. Guy signs here long term and you trade him after a year. Great signal you are sending here to UFAs. This market is not very popular. Yeah, let's make it even worse.

Unless you're Andrew Shaw and you find out you don't like the market, players sign long term contracts for the stability in choosing a place to establish themselves and their family long term. It sends a very bad message to the players if you ship him out after a year.

Or, do you just believe he'll turn it around?

It's a business. If it's not a fit, it's not a fit. I doubt he's getting moved. So hopefully, Anderson has more to him than he's shown.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Going after Dadonov with draft picks and prospects wouldn't be a terrible idea IMO. He's a lefty so I would play him on the left wing.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Anderson was an RFA and wanted a long term contract period. It was UFA or max for him in Columbus too.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
To be fair, it's been working for us. I think if we could get Hyman on a Toffoli-esque deal, we take that unless Hall or Landeskog are an option.

If the Habs could get Hyman on that type of deal he’d already be signing with his boyhood Leafs.

I’d rather Saad anyways. He’s actually won something and he’s a leftie.

Reactions: frapp10

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Would you guys go after OEL if the following happens:

- We lost Chairot to SEA
- They take Drouin in the deal.

Capwise it's a wash (if we lose both), but OEL's cap hit is large and for a while

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
it's going to be a huge offseason for Bergevin. If he believes the team is close to being a regular playoff team.
1) needs to keep Allen at all cost to let Price rest
2) needs to find another Dman who can contribute offensively on a regular basis
3) needs to figure out LW situation with Drouin and Tatar most likely gone
4) Needs to resign Danault

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal

- We lost Chairot to SEA

Capwise it's a wash (if we lose both), but OEL's cap hit is large and for a while
no way. Way too much for a declining D. that contract is awful and much longer than the two you mentioned.
you also failed to mention cap-wise it's a wash for one year

Reactions: Grumpy2112

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
KK and Drouin for Girard and Kadri?

(I don’t like Kadri but it would be entertaining to see him play in a Habs jersey against the Leafs)

I would do this trade in a heart beat. I'd be sad to see KK go, but adding Girard would help ease the pain. Kadri grew up being a Habs fan. I love his toughness and the fact that he has a couple of screws loose. Getting to see him against the Leafs would be an added bonus.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland

- We lost Chairot to SEA

No, I wouldn't take on OEL's contract. I'd split the available cap space (assuming Chiarot and Drouin are gone) between two players: a defenceman and a winger.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Had concussion like issues and was diagnosed with a migraine disorder that kept him out forever. Really tough to see.

I personally wouldnt touch him now

...as opposed to Drouin's Heart & Arse Disease (by which I mean his play, not any Mental Health issues right now), I'd take Patrick in a millisecond if Philly offered him...

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
Or, do you just believe he'll turn it around?

It's a business. If it's not a fit, it's not a fit. I doubt he's getting moved. So hopefully, Anderson has more to him than he's shown.
Anderson has been very good.

reality is that he is a 20 goals / 80 games. There will be games where he scored two, there will stretch where he is goalless.

Anderson stays.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Anderson has been very good.

reality is that he is a 20 goals / 80 games. There will be games where he scored two, there will stretch where he is goalless.

Anderson stays.

Well we'll see about that. I'm not convinced his 27 goal season and fast start this year weren't aberrations and that his anemic production last year and since his fast start this year aren't the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad