Proposal: Trade/FA Thread '21 Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
Whenever I have trouble sleeping at night, I think about how bad they screwed up that draft. Even hitting on one of those three would have put the Bruins over the top.

I think DeBrusk's a guy that could play with any of our centres and find a way to produce as he's got a pretty good mix of grit and skill. Next to Suzuki and Caufield? Grinding line with Danault and Gallagher? I think he could add a bit of skill in there. I'd be sad to lose him, but something around Lehkonen could be attractive for both sides.

The Bruins with Barzal, Connor and Chabot would be so dangerous I'd make it illegal.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
...it's not easy to shed $10 mill in salary...and like was pointed out by @HabsWhiteKnightLOL , even if they could find buyers for Fleury and Smith, it would more than likely be for pennies on the dollar and Vegas would have very little to offer Buffalo that could even come close to outbidding teams like L.A., Anaheim, or the Rangers...if Vegas can pull it off, good for them, but I personally can't see how they get it done...
Neither is shedding $8.8M but they made that happen for Alex Pietrangelo.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I've hit the deep end, full-on buying into the Grind-o-vision.

If we lose one of Chiarot or Edmundson... we gotta go after Oleksiak to keep this defence group nasty and shutdown ready.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
...you're going to have to ADD to get rid of Fleury at this stage of his career, Vezina nomination or not...I can't see much of a proposal that gets Vegas Eichel...what do you see??...
Fleury, Glass, roster player and a 1st.
Buffalo gets a goalie, a young center a roster player and a 1st. That deal could easily be sweetened.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Fleury, Glass, roster player and a 1st.
Buffalo gets a goalie, a young center a roster player and a 1st.

...that package doesn't come close to getting Eichel...they won't want Fleury, for starters...Glass is underwhelming so far to say the least...their 1st is like 28th...and unless the roster player's last name is Stone or Pacioretty, they'll get a far better offer from a handful of teams...this isn't EA Sports, amigo...

Reactions: tazsub3

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
...that package doesn't come close to getting Eichel...they won't want Fleury, for starters...Glass is underwhelming so far to say the least...their 1st is like 28th...and unless the roster player's last name is Stone or Pacioretty, they'll get a far better offer from a handful of teams...this isn't EA Sports, amigo...

Dude, I don't know what the package would be. I just know when there's a will there's a way and Vegas needs depth at center. I'm not the only one who thinks this as it's coming up in articles now in Vegas and around the league.

NHL Rumor Mill – June 25, 2021 | Spectors Hockey

Wyshynski believes they need to find a star center. With players like Jack Eichel, Evgeni Malkin, Aleksander Barkov and Evgeny Kuznetsov potentially available and the Golden Knights considered high-stakes gamblers, it wouldn’t be surprising if they made a major move this summer.

... Graney also thinks the Golden Knights must move on from one of their two goaltenders. “You figure it would be Fleury,” he said.
He also pointed out the need for high-end talent up front. The lack of depth at center, including Cody Glass’ inability to develop as hoped, also needs to be addressed. He recommended putting together a package offer for Buffalo Sabres center Jack Eichel...

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Montreal going to the final will be really attractive for next UFA. The most important things will be the cape space remaining. We need to use it. Letting walk tatar. Give a pick and drouin to seattle. Its almost 10 millions right there. Ovy, hamilton? Lets see but thats interessting for sure

Reactions: tazsub3

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013

If we lose one of Chiarot or Edmundson... we gotta go after Oleksiak to keep this defence group nasty and shutdown ready.
At this stage. We can just can seattle and give them a 3/2nd pick to keep chiarot. Oleksiak will cost at least a second. Big dman have high value

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Montreal going to the final will be really attractive for next UFA. The most important things will be the cape space remaining. We need to use it. Letting walk tatar. Give a pick and drouin to seattle. Its almost 10 millions right there. Ovy, hamilton? Lets see but thats interessting for sure
No need to give anything to Seattle. Drouin still has value around the league.

Might have to part ways with Armia, he'll be too expansive with the PO he's having.

Negociations will be tough with Danault, I wouldn't want to pay more than 5mil a year but he'll want at least as much as he was offered last year. Other than that, re-sign Leks he's a great shutdown winger.

They'll have around 8-10mil to toy around and let's think big... There's a certain Ovechkin available...

Reactions: Hins77

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020

Haha same! I've been down on the Guhle draft pick since it happened (preferring the offensive options like Mercer, Bourque, Reichel) but now I realize it was a genius pick

Reactions: Draft

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
At this stage. We can just can seattle and give them a 3/2nd pick to keep chiarot. Oleksiak will cost at least a second. Big dman have high value

I'm referring to signing him as a UFA in the offseason. No picks needed.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Also Fleury has a NTC, he won't lift it to go to the worst city in the league.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Also Fleury has a NTC, he won't lift it to go to the worst city in the league.

Doesn’t mean he won’t move somewhere else. They need to get rid of the cap space. Whatever assets they get for him can be rolled into a package for Eichel. It’s a difficult trade but not impossible to pull off.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Imagine if we traded Tatar at the 2020 deadline? Hard to make the right decisions all the time and remember some of us saying Petry, Tatar, and others should be traded? In hindsight, the right move was keeping Petry and trading Tatar.

Just a little context at where our focus should be. Make sure that top 4D is strong with Price in net and the rest takes care of itself in a way. Still need to limit the soft wingers and have a better PP. Work to do yet

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Danaults playoffs has already priced him out of MTL imo, we will have to move forward with Suzuki, KK, Evans, Poehling???

Reactions: Andrewcoursol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad