Proposal: Trade/FA Thread '21 Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Would you give a 2nd to Seattle for them to take Drouin? I prefer a 3rd but I might consider the 2nd. Then I wonder where the cap savings will be spent though

If Seattle has zero interest. Then I believe other teams will listen but they will ask for retention. Two more years left on his contract I believe? Signing bonus money all done from this past season if I remember correctly
Absoutely would part with 2nd or a 3rd.....but no way a 1st.
JD has got to move on....or stay on LTIR for the next two years...

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
How would you guys feel about acquiring DeBrusk? Sounds like he's available. Good around the net, still young.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
We would really need a speedy and skilled playmaker.. We would really need Drouin.

All jokes aside, Drouin has a good complementary skills set with the rest of the team.

Unless Seattle is willing to grab him, I wouldn't trade him for nothing..
Drouin work ethic is in direct conflict with this team ethic shown during the playoff run .
Thanks but no thanks for me

Reactions: 1000eeer

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
How would you guys feel about acquiring DeBrusk? Sounds like he's available. Good around the net, still young.

...while I'd rather have the guys Boston passed on to draft DeBrusk (Barzal, Connor, Chabot), I think he'd be a good fit with Kotkaniemi & Anderson on that line...it's what Boston would want in return that's the question...pick??...which prospect??...I'd offer a 2nd to see where they're at right now and go from there...

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
...while I'd rather have the guys Boston passed on to draft DeBrusk (Barzal, Connor, Chabot), I think he'd be a good fit with Kotkaniemi & Anderson on that line...it's what Boston would want in return that's the question...pick??...which prospect??...I'd offer a 2nd to see where they're at right now and go from there...

Whenever I have trouble sleeping at night, I think about how bad they screwed up that draft. Even hitting on one of those three would have put the Bruins over the top.

I think DeBrusk's a guy that could play with any of our centres and find a way to produce as he's got a pretty good mix of grit and skill. Next to Suzuki and Caufield? Grinding line with Danault and Gallagher? I think he could add a bit of skill in there. I'd be sad to lose him, but something around Lehkonen could be attractive for both sides.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
If we trade a center it would be for another center or a package containing a center.

If KK is to be traded, it would be in a package for Eichel.
Or to get a winger or Defender and a center prospect.

Let's stick with:
Suzuki
KK
Danault
Evans

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Whenever I have trouble sleeping at night, I think about how bad they screwed up that draft. Even hitting on one of those three would have put the Bruins over the top.

I think DeBrusk's a guy that could play with any of our centres and find a way to produce as he's got a pretty good mix of grit and skill. Next to Suzuki and Caufield? Grinding line with Danault and Gallagher? I think he could add a bit of skill in there. I'd be sad to lose him, but something around Lehkonen could be attractive for both sides.

...lol...I remind my Bruins-fan neighbor Ernie all the time about how badly they screwed up the 2015 Draft; whenever he starts chirping the Habs, I shut him up immediately with how well Barzal or Connor are doing or asking him how Zboril & Senyshyn are doing :laugh:...I'd honestly rather give up a pick than Lehky, but I think I would do that trade if they asked for him...

Reactions: Draft

malton

Feb 17, 2009
Tkachuk would be a near perfect fit for our top 6.

Tkachuk - Suzuki - Caufield
Toffoli - KK - Anderson
Lehkonen - Danault - Gallagher
Armia - Evans - Perry

I think that's a pretty rounded forward group.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

Toffoli - KK - Anderson
Armia - Evans - Perry

...Tkachuk is gonna cost...what would we even offer that would get Calgary interested??...

Draft

Jan 23, 2013

Toffoli - KK - Anderson
Armia - Evans - Perry

We would be the most despised team in the NHL. :laugh: Would cost us an arm and a leg - he's only 23 and there'll be a long list of teams looking to pick him up.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
The biggest problem is that they have no assets for him
Also they gotta unload Fleury and Smith To fit him here to begin with.

Trading Fleury will go along way.

...they'd need to trade both Fleury & Smith to even make enough Cap room for him and then what can they possibly give up that would entice Buffalo??...Glass has been underwhelming to say the least...a few late 1sts??...Marchessault??...I can't see Vegas offering enough to outbid the usual suspects (LA, Rags, Anaheim)...

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
...they'd need to trade both Fleury & Smith to even make enough Cap room for him and then what can they possibly give up that would entice Buffalo??...Glass has been underwhelming to say the least...a few late 1sts??...Marchessault??...I can't see Vegas offering enough to outbid the usual suspects (LA, Rags, Anaheim)...
Like I said , even if they manage to trade those 2 they have 0 assets.
The only good assets are NTC and will never go to buffalo.

a team like the Kings who are on a rebuild makes way more sense.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
For Eichel I’m sure they’d happily make the space as they’ve shown in the past. They were in cap hell when they signed Petro too. When there’s a will, there’s a way. Good market and city, another division and they’re not afraid to deal.

Not saying it will happen, but wouldn’t be surprised in the least if it did. Center is their weakness and centre’s like Eichel do t come around often.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
For Eichel I’m sure they’d happily make the space as they’ve shown in the past. They were in cap hell when they signed Petro too. When there’s a will, there’s a way. Good market and city, another division and they’re not afraid to deal.

Not saying it will happen, but wouldn’t be surprised in the least if it did. Center is their weakness and centre’s like Eichel do t come around often.

Habs can help them out by taking Tuch off their hands....

Tuch - KK - Anderson as a 2nd line would be deadly....

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

i dont think any team will be getting Eichel without sending salary the other way

...it's not easy to shed $10 mill in salary...and like was pointed out by @HabsWhiteKnightLOL , even if they could find buyers for Fleury and Smith, it would more than likely be for pennies on the dollar and Vegas would have very little to offer Buffalo that could even come close to outbidding teams like L.A., Anaheim, or the Rangers...if Vegas can pull it off, good for them, but I personally can't see how they get it done...

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad