macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
me fail english? that's unpossible.
giphy.gif

Ah yes, one of my favourite quotes from The Simpsons. Ironically, I used that quote today at work when discussing my poor oratory skills...:laugh:

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
With Heinola looking pretty good on the right do we entertain trading Schmidt/Pionk to open a spot for him.

If the Jets feel Pionk will have a similar season to last year, may be wise to see who he can fetch. Pionk seems to be highly regarded outside of the market and many are still reading the old user manual. Still Remember him as the man who shut down McDavid.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
You lost me at Conner Schief and Wheels….
I had a wagon just like that but the Wheels fell off…

If the Jets feel Pionk will have a similar season to last year, may be wise to see who he can fetch. Pionk seems to be highly regarded outside of the market and many are still reading the old user manual. Still Remember him as the man who shut down McDavid.
If he continues to play as steady as he was in the last (and hopefully-next) Calgary game, it can only keep him on the potential trade table.
Then again (maybe wishful thinking on my part here) he might just relight his burners for us this year..

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He's just not that good?

There has to be more to it than that. Uncoachable? That bad defensively? Something.

He was good enough to get drafted 16th OA. He was good enough to score 34 pts in 66 games on a weak team last year, 7th on that team. He's had good production in the AHL. We had no one in our bottom 6 last year who matched his 14 goals.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
There has to be more to it than that. Uncoachable? That bad defensively? Something.

He was good enough to get drafted 16th OA. He was good enough to score 34 pts in 66 games on a weak team last year, 7th on that team. He's had good production in the AHL. We had no one in our bottom 6 last year who matched his 14 goals.
I'd say we've solved that problem? We now have Barron, Gagner, Appelton, and even Maenalanen to strengthen the bottom 6, not to mention Gus if he can ever get his head out of his ass. Something is very wrong there if a guy that highly regarded as a prospect can't get even a league min contract and has to sign a PTO

Reactions: WolfHouse

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'd say we've solved that problem? We now have Barron, Gagner, Appelton, and even Maenalanen to strengthen the bottom 6, not to mention Gus if he can ever get his head out of his ass. Something is very wrong there if a guy that highly regarded as a prospect can't get even a league min contract and has to sign a PTO

I'm not pushing to sign Milano here. I'm just asking if anyone knows the story.

If we just keep the 23 best players, based on previous seasons + TC performance, we will have to expose 1 or 2 players who may get taken on waivers. Though the reality is that few teams are looking for waiver pickups right now. They are all in a similar position to us and trying to manage the cut down as efficiently as possible so tweeners get through waivers. But the point is that we don't need to pickup anyone right now.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I would welcome Dvorak...a good 3 C with some offense. Not sure Montreal will want Schmidt though.
If Heinola is not making the team (again) is it time to consider swapping him for an asset the team can use now? Maybe get a pick and Dvorak for Heinola?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If Heinola is not making the team (again) is it time to consider swapping him for an asset the team can use now? Maybe get a pick and Dvorak for Heinola?

We still don't know if he is or isn't making the team. He's in tonight and on the second pp unit over Pionk so maybe his pp prowess has played himself on.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I’d make this trade as either GM - Montréal has enough young D to cover the next two years of Schmidt

What's in it for Montreal? There is nothing there for them. Less than nothing. They spend more money and gain zip.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
So he still has a chance...
I'd say he has a very good chance -
Stan has gone out of his way to make way for his replacement - he's had a bad camp.
Who knows what the plan is but unless Ville gets run over in his own end, he should have that open spot.

Stan will likely be the 7th - and the two could be flipping back and forth depending on who they are playing and how they are playing.

Personally, if I was slotting Stan in as the 7th, I would have given Samberg the shot and Ville to the Moose - but it looks like Bones may want offense out there. If this is the plan, it'll be interesting to watch how this plays out - not a lot of beef on that blueline.

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
I'm not pushing to sign Milano here. I'm just asking if anyone knows the story.

If we just keep the 23 best players, based on previous seasons + TC performance, we will have to expose 1 or 2 players who may get taken on waivers. Though the reality is that few teams are looking for waiver pickups right now. They are all in a similar position to us and trying to manage the cut down as efficiently as possible so tweeners get through waivers. But the point is that we don't need to pickup anyone right now.
I thought I heard teams have injury concerns when it comes to Milano, maybe he even had an injury right now that hampering his performance?

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad