Trade, FA & Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Brendan Perkini on waivers…. Nice defensive forward who I think could develop as a Copp replacement at no cost

perlini-Copp-wheeler would be a sweet third line

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
The entire TSN panel looks still drunk/hungover - like watching commentary from a legion

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
Brendan Perkini on waivers…. Nice defensive forward who I think could develop as a Copp replacement at no cost

perlini-Copp-wheeler would be a sweet third line
Brendan Perlini is about as far from a defensive player as you could possibly find...he's worse defensively than Scheifele. The guy is a goal scorer who does really nothing much else.

Reactions: surixon

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Just randomness here but with all the Vancouver quotes out there of players being available...

Garland for Stanley + something small + Beaulieu (for cap purposes) - This fits under the cap this year, but we'd have to figure out next season.

The Nucks dealt the #9 pick, but they also had to take OEL's long-term deal which was not seen as wanted around the league IMO. They also were able to send 3 crap contracts back to the Yotes. So I don't think something around Stanley (who I think could still be coveted around the league) and something small is out of line.

upload_2022-3-1_15-13-58.png

This season (with everyone healthy)

Connor - PLD - Svech
Ehlers - Scheif - Wheeler/Perfetti
Garland - Stastny - Perfetti / Wheeler
Copp - Lowry - Reichel/Harkins

Not saying I think Chevy is looking to do something like this, but I'd love to add another forward like Garland, Konecny, etc. Could help if, IF the Jets also decide to move MS and someone like Perfetti needs to move to the middle.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Biggest worry for me is the Jets cant trade Scheifele until Dubois is extended.

Meanwhile on the Habs game thread they expect Lowry to be fired after the game and Chevy to be fired after the season.

leer2006

Jan 20, 2010
Transcona
We need a strong voice in our locker room. If we could get Toews from Chicago for Wheeler I really believe it would improve this team. He has won everything. Knows what it takes to win. Has been there and done that and wasn’t just a passenger. This is what this team needs.(and a good coach)

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Per Elliotte Friedman in his latest 32 thoughts.

#8. One GM called the rental defence market soft and a couple of his compatriots agreed. A major reason? There is a lot of them.

I've been saying this, supply & demand helps or hurts the returns. Dillon/Schmidt, not sure either gets traded at the TDL.....maybe a summer thing.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

#8. One GM called the rental defence market soft and a couple of his compatriots agreed. A major reason? There is a lot of them.

I've been saying this, supply & demand helps or hurts the returns. Dillon/Schmidt, not sure either gets traded at the TDL.....maybe a summer thing.

Interesting. I guess we will just have to see what is offered in a couple of weeks.

Even with the b2b wins we haven't gained any ground on the teams we are chasing. I can't see them making the points up so Chevy better sell.

None

Feb 22, 2012

There's also a significant lack of cap space among the teams that are actually potential buyers.

If Chiarot actually returns a 1st despite everything though... :laugh:

Even with the b2b wins we haven't gained any ground on the teams we are chasing. I can't see them making the points up so Chevy better sell.

We actually fell .5% from 6.5% to 6% on Moneypuck's playoff odds despite winning.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Interesting. I guess we will just have to see what is offered in a couple of weeks.

Agreed. TDL maybe only Boo Boo is traded as far as D goes.......

Considering he specifically said the market is soft on D guys, hopefully Jets can trade Stats & Copp and get solid returns still. I still think the returns for Copp & Stats are a bit less then what some here have posted often.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

Considering he specifically said the market is soft on D guys, hopefully Jets can trade Stats & Copp and get solid returns still. I still think the returns for Copp & Stats are a bit less then what some here have posted often.
Returns are never as good as fans post (for the most part)

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

We will just have to see. I hope to get atleast one first but it might just be a couple of seconds and some thirds.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
We need a strong voice in our locker room. If we could get Toews from Chicago for Wheeler I really believe it would improve this team. He has won everything. Knows what it takes to win. Has been there and done that and wasn’t just a passenger. This is what this team needs.(and a good coach)

Toews will only leave Chicago if he asks, and it wouldn't be for Blake Wheeler. I agree he'd be ok on the team but that scenario isn't realistic.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Not sure I want Toews at this stage in his career. He is a shell of what he was and carried far too big a caphit. I think Chicago is stuck either him.

He may be back this week so there would be a period to see how he is health wise. I'd agree the cap hit wouldn't make it worth it, but a Toews-style player at a low cap hit would be ok.

Reactions: AlaskaJet

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He may be back this week so there would be a period to see how he is health wise. I'd agree the cap hit wouldn't make it worth it, but a Toews-style player at a low cap hit would be ok.

Yeah having him as a scoring 3C would be good with our wingers but they'd have to eat half his cap hit and even then at $5.25 million it would be a tough fit.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Maybe yes, maybe no. I agree it will depend on what the market actually is. We will just have to wait and see.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Who realistically could be available this TDL or off season that would fill these spots assuming we do a retool and 1 locker room shakeup trade, which I think we need.

Top line RHD
Bottom 6 scoring including a middle 6 play driving C.
Young goalie

I think Pulock could be had of FeFe was available. With the emergence of Dobson they may view Pulock as expendable of the right return was coming back. They are in the same boat as us, Underachieving and in need of a shake up
Schneider, again if FeFe was available. While not a top line D man, he definitely has potential.
Severson? not sure of his defensive prowess though. Maybe JoMo could make up for it.

Bottom six? Apples, Kerfoot, DeBrusk, Zacha? Some younger guys like Tippett, Kupari, Vilardi, Steele if we wanted to try some reclamation projects.

Goalies, Wolf. Again, would probably need a FeFe deal to get them to trade him. Probably have to take Monahan
Levi. I’m sure they would want Helly which would be a massive franchise altering deal. Buffalo adds a nice piece or two.
Cossa, Detroit would probably love to have Helly, not sure what else they add as they are somewhat coming out of rebuild and still collecting and assembling their roster.
I did a CF with Helly/Copp to Washington for Lappiere/Samsonov/1st/2nd. I think it fits both teams needs and the Jets retool and seemed to be generally well accepted by both sides.

Thoughts or suggestions?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I'd like to see Chevy continue to find those low cost diamonds in the rough type players, with solid underlying stats that could really help this team with higher responsibility or TOI. Thinking along the lines of Carter V or Forsling (Marchessault years ago) in FLA. Or Bunting, Mikheyev in Toronto of recent years. Svech would be an example of this for us, and if he was with PLD for a majority of the season who knows how this team would be standing at this point. But given the likes of Vesalainen, Harkins and pognaski, can't produce (& of course Lowry but we have him on a long term deal - although he's finally woken up offensively after a 50 game slumber), along with the pressures of the salary cap, identifying and acquiring/signing those players would be a major boon.

This is where imo stats, micro/underlying stats, analytics come a great tool to find who those diamonds in the rough are.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I'd like to see Chevy continue to find those low cost diamonds in the rough type players, with solid underlying stats that could really help this team with higher responsibility or TOI. Thinking along the lines of Carter V or Forsling (Marchessault years ago) in FLA. Or Bunting, Mikheyev in Toronto of recent years. Svech would be an example of this for us, and if he was with PLD for a majority of the season who knows how this team would be standing at this point. But given the likes of Vesalainen, Harkins and pognaski, can't produce (& of course Lowry but we have him on a long term deal - although he's finally woken up offensively after a 50 game slumber), along with the pressures of the salary cap, identifying and acquiring/signing those players would be a major boon.

This is where imo stats, micro/underlying stats, analytics come a great tool to find who those diamonds in the rough are.
I think you could argue that we did have exactly this type of diamond in the rough in Copp and perhaps his development was slowed by Maurice's tendencies. Tanev and Armia were this kind of guy too... the problem is that eventually these guys are not low cost gems - Bunting will command $5m on the open market in a couple years imo.

I agree that Svech is this player and we need to keep him on that line with PLD. Brooks might be but seems doubtful. I would have given Perlini a shot in a new environment...

Reactions: surixon

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I don't see someone within the organization currently, that can come in and put up respectable numbers like that.
We had three players tried in bottom 6 roles that I mentioned previously and they've struggled to put the puck in the net.
A cap strap team like Toronto can find and sign guys like bunting or mikeheyev and get respectable production. Although they're higher in the lineup (usually)

Who of our bottom 6ers is gonna hit 15 goals or close to 0.5ppg? You'd have to sell me on Ves or Harkins. Imo I think you need atleast two of those kind of players to have strong depth scoring. Maybe Svech is there? Not sure.

So it seems like every year there's couple of these reclamation projects, or Lesser known FAs with solid underlying stats that find new teams and put up respectable scoring totals.

I think you could argue that we did have exactly this type of diamond in the rough in Copp and perhaps his development was slowed by Maurice's tendencies. Tanev and Armia were this kind of guy too... the problem is that eventually these guys are not low cost gems - Bunting will command $5m on the open market in a couple years imo.

I agree that Svech is this player and we need to keep him on that line with PLD. Brooks might be but seems doubtful. I would have given Perlini a shot in a new environment...

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
lebrun on overdrive right now just said chevy is going into the deadline as if were still in it

Reactions: DRW204
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad