In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
7cmovu.jpg

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I’m not gonna scroll back through every post. But I really don’t have an issue with the Tanner trade to TBL. Little overpayment. Sure. But… at the same time I still think it’s fine for both sides.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
It really is going to be the deal.

Greenway really is the Chuck special.

It's not just the Minnesota link. It's the idea of getting an attribute without a care for the total package. He's a very good forechecker. Unfortunately, he does almost everything else so poorly that it doesn't matter. And he's somehow got 2x3 left after this year, so we've even got the shitting up the cap aspect at play.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Doesn't Disney, at least partially, own TSN?

Weekes works for ESPN

Edit: NHL Network also and judging by his bio on Twitter works for TSN too.
Does Disney partially own TSN? There's definitely an affiliation between TSN and ESPN that pre-dates Disney, but Disney could have bought in.

Bell Media owns TSN, but I don't know if it's 100%.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Greenway really is the Chuck special.

It's not just the Minnesota link. It's the idea of getting an attribute without a care for the total package. He's a very good forechecker. Unfortunately, he does almost everything else so poorly that it doesn't matter. And he's somehow got 2x3 left after this year, so we've even got the shitting up the cap aspect at play.
When you put it like that, I'll be pleasantly surprised if we don't end up trading for Greenway. Fully expect this to happen now.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
They are putting everything into the idea that Torts is the king of coaches. :laugh:

I could have understood this ignorant and naive delusion in the summer. But we've got months of experience that should be dispelling the myth of Tortorella as a coaching deity, the last bastion of Real Hockey (tm).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad