Rumor: Trade Deadline- What to Do?? Deals..Deals...Deals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Laine produces. Put him on a line with Toews and who gives a **** if he slacks off defensively? Trouba is an established defender. No risk with him. Trouba replaces Joki and we still have Mitchell, Beaudin, and Krys.

This trade doesn't happen because it's a loss for Winnipeg, not us.

He produces in spurts. He'll get hot and have 10-12 goals in like 8 games. Then he has 0 goals in like the next 10 games... As of right now, he has 4 goals in his last 23 games... and he's going to command a huge contract.

Trouba is no risk. I wouldn't want to give up Boqvist and Joker, though.

I know the Peg nixes this, obviously, at this moment in time. That doesn't mean I have to like it for the Hawks, though...

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
He produces in spurts. He'll get hot and have 10-12 goals in like 8 games. Then he has 0 goals in like the next 10 games... As of right now, he has 4 goals in his last 23 games... and he's going to command a huge contract.

Trouba is no risk. I wouldn't want to give up Boqvist and Joker, though.

I know the Peg nixes this, obviously, at this moment in time. That doesn't mean I have to like it for the Hawks, though...
Laine will grow to be more consistent.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
boqvist is playing the in the ohl and joki has played less then 40 games and your worried about predicting the impact of Laine. :skeptic: this would be so favored towards chicago its insane.

You really do struggle with comprehension... :shakehead

It's kinda sad, really.

I'm worried about the proven inconsistent play from Laine. That is a proven trait of his. Inconsistency. Not about the unproven hypothetical "growing consistent" prediction.

Try to keep up.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I'm not a Laine fan. He's a liability defensively, and just doesn't make up for it enough offensively. He needs linemates that can create for him. Also, not exactly fleet of foot, in a league that just keeps getting quicker. He's a major reason his line is all negative this season(team worst -9, too).

I feel like this is probably one of the easier goal scorers in the league to neutralize, and I think he's going to struggle to score outside of the power play, going forward. There's a reason he isn't playing on the top line in Winnipeg.

Reactions: migi and ChiHawks10

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Sorry, I don't want a lazy, gives effort 1/3 of the time pure sniper and Trouba for what could ultimately be the entire future of this team for the next decade on the blueline. They have a sniper in Cat, and potentially another one in Panarin, if signed as a FA. Laine is not necessary, IMO.

Joker/Boqvist are likely your top 2 D for the foreseeable future. No thanks.
I think you are bat shit crazy if you don't make that deal. We have no idea what Boqvist will be, we already know Laine is one of the best goal scorers in the past 3 years and Trouba is a top pairing defensemen already..I love our kids too, but both Trouba and Laine are young as hell too - if Bowman was offered that and declined it, I would absolutely want him walked out the building. Laine has his flaws and is so frustrating to watch and I agree with that, but what he does very few others can do..Laine is only 20 years old and has over 100 goals scored in the NHL already lol...that is crazy.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
That deal would fast track this team to success a lot quicker than Boqvist and Joker will. And that is needed with our decent players all getting older.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
You do the trade just for Trouba alone. I mean, he's 24. He's where we hope Joker or Boqvist are at in 4 or 5 years....

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I think you are bat **** crazy if you don't make that deal. We have no idea what Boqvist will be, we already know Laine is one of the best goal scorers in the past 3 years and Trouba is a top pairing defensemen already..I love our kids too, but both Trouba and Laine are young as hell too - if Bowman was offered that and declined it, I would absolutely want him walked out the building. Laine has his flaws and is so frustrating to watch and I agree with that, but what he does very few others can do..Laine is only 20 years old and has over 100 goals scored in the NHL already lol...that is crazy.

Maybe I am. IDK. Just not a fan of Laine. I'd love Trouba, though.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Maybe I am. IDK. Just not a fan of Laine. I'd love Trouba, though.
I have said for many years that goal scorers are just weird players at times...they are streaky as hell and can be enigmas many nights...but when they are on and score they are the greatest thing in the world. I agree that Laine has issues and has a lot to be desired away from the puck, but the dude is only 20 years old - he really hasn't had to work hard to get where he is, most of his skill set was naturally gifted to him. He has to start burning a fire inside to want to be the best like Ovi, that hasn't happened yet. I just couldn't pass up Laine period if that was all we had to give up. You take the crappy with the great, and I have been very hard on Laine the past year plus, but he is just a kid that hasn't even figured his own self out nor the game yet...that trade would turn the franchise around instantly - Laine playing with Kane on the power play would be ridiculous.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
You do the trade just for Trouba alone. I mean, he's 24. He's where we hope Joker or Boqvist are at in 4 or 5 years....
yep, Trouba is the real deal and I doubt he stays in Winnipeg after this season. he has a lot of Chelios in him, now finally healthy the kid is showing what he can do since Buff has been out the past month plus.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
at this point we would be in line for hughes or kakko at least a top prospect to plug in. Can you imagine

Debrincat-Toews-Kane
Saad-Hughes-Laine
Kurashev-Strome-Kahun
Caggiula-Barrett-Kampf
Entwistle

Keith-Trouba
Mitchell-Murphy
Gus-Dahlstrom
Seabrook/Beaudin/Krys/forsling

do that trade in 1 second

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Not a fan of one of the elite goal scorers in the world? Yikes. Yeah, I’ll take a young player who currently has over .5 goals per game.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Watching Laine would make me pretty nuts if I’m a Jets fan. He doesn’t do anything if he isn’t scoring. And yeah, he scores but I agree completely with @Pez68. He is easy to take out of his game.

He’ll get better but when people are comparing him to Ovechkin, wow.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Watching Laine would make me pretty nuts if I’m a Jets fan. He doesn’t do anything if he isn’t scoring. And yeah, he scores but I agree completely with @Pez68. He is easy to take out of his game.

He’ll get better but when people are comparing him to Ovechkin, wow.

Yep. He's invisible on the ice when he's not scoring. Four goals in his last 23 games? I'd wanna run him right out of town, not pay him 10m a year.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Saad for Silfverberg?

Only issue is Silfverberg is expiring and probably wouldn't be eager to re-sign here

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
You don’t trade for Trouba and Laine simply for cap implifications.

Only way you consider even one of them is if Seabrooks deal is somehow off the books.

Otherwise the only way this team is a contender again is because we built a strong and most importantly CHEAP blue line.

Reactions: ChiHawks10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad