Rumor: Trade Deadline- What to Do?? Deals..Deals...Deals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Honestly with Stan and his teams drafting, I wouldn't mind trading -

AA for a 2nd+
Saad for a 1st+
Gus for a 1st+

Guys can step into the league at 19-20 years old, yeah Dmen take longer to develop, but some can still make an impact at 20.

Examples -

Heiskanen
Dahlin
Valimaki
Ekblad
Sergachev
Girard
Mahura
Chychrun
Cholowski
McAvoy
Jokiharju
Chabot
Hanifin
Provorov
Carlo
Dermott
Werenski
Morrissey
Nurse
Ristolainen
Jones
etc..

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
yeah, he said NO to joining our convo, but he certainly is here lurking and stealing our ****!!

Good I hope he does lurk here. That way he can see that the fans that do actually watch most of the games think he’s a total f***ing boob instead of getting validated by the Facebook Hawks fans who watch one game a month and yell “Fire Bowman!” as they spill Buffalo Wild Wings on themselves and still can’t believe Q was fired.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Good I hope he does lurk here. That way he can see that the fans that do actually watch most of the games think he’s a total ****ing boob instead of getting validated by the Facebook Hawks fans who watch one game a month and yell “Fire Bowman!” as they spill Buffalo Wild Wings on themselves and still can’t believe Q was fired.

Powers is the man. You’re thinking of that ballbag barstool guy who sells the stan clown shirts

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
yeah, he said NO to joining our convo, but he certainly is here lurking and stealing our ****!!

Its a free source of ideas to talk about. Theres enough smart people on here to join together and run a hawks site better than anything out there. Really believe that. Powers is awesome but after that its Committed Indian and a bunch of other dogshit sites

Reactions: Mrfenn92

CCook37

Jun 11, 2014
Chicago, IL
Honestly with Stan and his teams drafting, I wouldn't mind trading -

AA for a 2nd+
Saad for a 1st+
Gus for a 1st+

Guys can step into the league at 19-20 years old, yeah Dmen take longer to develop, but some can still make an impact at 20.

Examples -

Heiskanen
Dahlin
Valimaki
Ekblad
Sergachev
Girard
Mahura
Chychrun
Cholowski
McAvoy
Jokiharju
Chabot
Hanifin
Provorov
Carlo
Dermott
Werenski
Morrissey
Nurse
Ristolainen
Jones
etc..
I 100% agree. Stan gets a lot of hate on this board, some of it deserved, but his handling of his draft picks is elite.

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
I 100% agree. Stan gets a lot of hate on this board, some of it deserved, but his handling of his draft picks is elite.

Would this be a correct assumption as to who would replace these assets if traded?

AA - Strome
Saad - Panarin
Gus - One of Joki, etc?

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
I personally would prefer Stone over Panarin,
It obviously comes down to what their contracts end up being but I think once you factor that in, I agree.

Also while Kane and Panarin are dynamic together I think they're better off split up. If we end up with Breadman maybe use more fluid lines during the game to get them some shifts together? That and obviously PP time.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
It obviously comes down to what their contracts end up being but I think once you factor that in, I agree.

Also while Kane and Panarin are dynamic together I think they're better off split up. If we end up with Breadman maybe use more fluid lines during the game to get them some shifts together? That and obviously PP time.
the Bhawks needs that one scoring line ..... let the other team matchup their best against that line. Toews line will feast on the other lines.

either way i am all for putting the best offensive line on the ice.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Boqvist is a good prospect but Laine is going to have a few Rocket trophies in his career. He's an incredible goal scorer.

And an invisible player 1/3 of the games he plays in. Trust me, I know. He's on my fantasy hockey team.

Boqvist is likely the best player in that trade in a couple seasons.

Reactions: migi

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Why is everyone freaking out? It was just a hypothetical to prove a point.

This all started because I said Bowman should be putting everyone’s names out there except a very select few. And if a GM wants to meet Bowman’s price, even if it is really high, you make the trade.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I don't think people understand how good Trouba is....go on the Jets board and offer this up - it would get trounced in seconds...and that is even with many people hating on Laine over there right now.

Trouba has his brain farts but the dude plays tough and has actual skill to boot - I would make that trade 10 out of 10 times..

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
for the first time ever, I agree with you......oh ****....

Sorry, I don't want a lazy, gives effort 1/3 of the time pure sniper and Trouba for what could ultimately be the entire future of this team for the next decade on the blueline. They have a sniper in Cat, and potentially another one in Panarin, if signed as a FA. Laine is not necessary, IMO.

Joker/Boqvist are likely your top 2 D for the foreseeable future. No thanks.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Sorry, I don't want a lazy, gives effort 1/3 of the time pure sniper and Trouba for what could ultimately be the entire future of this team for the next decade on the blueline. They have a sniper in Cat, and potentially another one in Panarin, if signed as a FA. Laine is not necessary, IMO.

Joker/Boqvist are likely your top 2 D for the foreseeable future. No thanks.
Laine produces. Put him on a line with Toews and who gives a shit if he slacks off defensively? Trouba is an established defender. No risk with him. Trouba replaces Joki and we still have Mitchell, Beaudin, and Krys.

This trade doesn't happen because it's a loss for Winnipeg, not us.

Reactions: Hawkaholic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad