Rumor: Trade Deadline- What to Do?? Deals..Deals...Deals...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Guns...Guns...Guns...

tumblr_pjjp353wpF1xkok61o1_400.jpg

Now, let's focus on...trades, trades, trades -

ALL Trade talk put in here...All rumors put in here and any thoughts you have for the upcoming trade deadline, let's talk about it...

Moving out AA and Manning....Rutta and Crow???

Who is going, who is staying and who is coming in????

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I had proposed this on the main board not that long ago and some Philly fans were cool with it. I think it's the only way you move on from Keith and Crow. Neuvirth and Lethera/MacDonald are just cap dumps that are expiring, but we get a 1st round pick and prospect with upside. Pretty much the most you could hope for. Of course this only works if Philly is in a position to make a play off push.

To Philly:
:flyers
-Duncan Keith
-Corey Crawford
-Victor Ejdsell

To Chicago:
:hawks
-Michal Neuvirth
-Jori Lehtera/Andrew MacDonald
-Conditional 2019 1st* (top 5 protected)
-German Rubtsov

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I had proposed this on the main board not that long ago and some Philly fans were cool with it. I think it's the only way you move on from Keith and Crow. Neuvirth and Lethera/MacDonald are just cap dumps that are expiring, but we get a 1st round pick and prospect with upside. Pretty much the most you could hope for. Of course this only works if Philly is in a position to make a play off push.

To Philly:
-Duncan Keith
-Corey Crawford
-Victor Ejdsell

To Chicago:
-Michal Neuvirth
-German Rubtsov

I wish we could find a way to get Hart but will never happen. This would be a perfect filler for them. What if Q signs there?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Guns...Guns...Guns...

tumblr_pjjp353wpF1xkok61o1_400.jpg

Now, let's focus on...trades, trades, trades -

ALL Trade talk put in here...All rumors put in here and any thoughts you have for the upcoming trade deadline, let's talk about it...

Moving out AA and Manning....Rutta and Crow???

Who is going, who is staying and who is coming in????

At this point, that kind of looks like a crappy garage sale, you slow down to take a look, some wicker furniture, old electronics, textbooks, then you hit the accelerator because you don’t even have enough room at home for your own crap.

Reactions: SotasicA

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018

To Philly:
-Duncan Keith
-Corey Crawford
-Victor Ejdsell

To Chicago:
-Michal Neuvirth
-German Rubtsov
I’d do it with Lehtera. Amac has another year left after this year and I’d rather just have a crappy contract for a half year.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

To Philly:
-Duncan Keith
-Corey Crawford
-Victor Ejdsell

To Chicago:
-Michal Neuvirth
-German Rubtsov

What is the purpose of this trade aside from making the team much worse and clearing cap space they really don't need?

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
They need to work on 1st of all getting rid of Manning & Rutta. I wouldn't trade Keith right now but Bowman could entertain offers to see what other teams are willing to offer. If he is going to trade Keith, than they want at least one decent ready NHLer who can contribute. Keith needs to stay until one or more rookies are NHL ready which won't be until at least next year if not two years away. They could trade Seabs for the right deal but not at the cost of losing a draft pick or prospect.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I want to grab Puljujarvi but the Oil fans on the trade board are clingy for some reason.
I don’t think their hearts can take another failed top 5 draft pick. They wasted one on Yakupov. Hall got traded for a disappointing top 5 pick. RNH is not what you want in a 1st overall pick.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
What is the purpose of this trade aside from making the team much worse and clearing cap space they really don't need?
If you don't get rid of Crow and Keith this year, you never will. They won't have value later so getting a 1st + Rubtsov would be a huge get. Also there needs to be a shakeup to the vet core.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Crow has 1 year left. Keith should retire a Hawk.

Why are they "getting rid of" Keith and Crow? That's not a shakeup. That's a gutting. Keith is a guy you want here mentoring the young defensemen.

You think the team is hard to watch now, how do you think they would look with two of their leaders shipped out and replaced with AHL fodder?

No.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Trading Anisimov at the deadline is probably a pipe dream. Not often a player gets dealt with decent term and money left on their deal mid season when they aren't great.

I'd like to see Manning, Ruuta, Gustafsson, Kruger (yeah right), and Kunitz dealt away. If you can find a decent deal for Murphy you pull the trigger on that too, but like Anisimov, he may have too much term left and may be a better off season trade target.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
If at all possible, I would be willing to move AA, Sikura and Seabrook in exchange for nothing. I don’t know how it would work exactly, would take multiple trades, but I really want to sign Gardiner and Panarin and still have space left over to upgrade the bottom 6 if we’re going to spend in free agency.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
If at all possible, I would be willing to move AA, Sikura and Seabrook in exchange for nothing. I don’t know how it would work exactly, would take multiple trades, but I really want to sign Gardiner and Panarin and still have space left over to upgrade the bottom 6 if we’re going to spend in free agency.
Why would you want to trade Sikura for nothing¿

And sign Gardiner...uggghh hell no

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Why would you want to trade Sikura for nothing¿

And sign Gardiner...uggghh hell no

Sikura as a sweetener to move Seabrook. I know Gardiner is polarizing, but we need a LHD badly and for me, Panarin doesn’t make sense if we can’t upgrade the left side.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Sikura as a sweetener to move Seabrook. I know Gardiner is polarizing, but we need a LHD badly and for me, Panarin doesn’t make sense if we can’t upgrade the left side.
You aren't upgrading much with Gardiner, and we have LHD prospects coming in 2 years and by then you'll regret a Gardiner deal. He isn't worth what a team will pay him.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
You aren't upgrading much with Gardiner, and we have LHD prospects coming in 2 years and by then you'll regret a Gardiner deal. He isn't worth what a team will pay him.

We need someone to bridge the gap. I’d be in for 4-5 years. If it takes more, forget it. You have to deal with what is available. I love his offense and he can skate well. What’s the difference between him and what you want someone like Beaudin to become?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
We need someone to bridge the gap. I’d be in for 4-5 years. If it takes more, forget it. You have to deal with what is available. I love his offense and he can skate well. What’s the difference between him and what you want someone like Beaudin to become?
What I would want Beaudoin to become is a defender who knows how to play defense when in his own end. I just don't see the point of bridging the gap if the point is to fail for a couple seasons and rebuild. Why waste money, and prevent yourself from really sucking?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
We don't need a 4-5 year bridge though.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
What I would want Beaudoin to become is a defender who knows how to play defense when in his own end. I just don't see the point of bridging the gap if the point is to fail for a couple seasons and rebuild. Why waste money, and prevent yourself from really sucking?

I hear you. We’re on the same page. I’m just saying I don’t even want Panarin or anyone else if we’re not bringing in a top 4 D. The hope would be we could work with Gardiner on his defense.

But yeah, I am totally comfortable with sitting out free agency because our defense isn’t going to be good enough to contend for a few more years even with upgrades at forward.

It’s too bad Gardiner is the only guy out there for LHD this year. The smart move is to do as you say and just suck. I doubt they go that way, but you never know.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I hear you. We’re on the same page. I’m just saying I don’t even want Panarin or anyone else if we’re not bringing in a top 4 D. The hope would be we could work with Gardiner on his defense.

But yeah, I am totally comfortable with sitting out free agency because our defense isn’t going to be good enough to contend for a few more years even with upgrades at forward.

It’s too bad Gardiner is the only guy out there for LHD this year. The smart move is to do as you say and just suck. I doubt they go that way, but you never know.

You sign AP and let our young D develop on the fly. The first year we will have to try and out score everyone but that is ok.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
You sign AP and let our young D develop on the fly. The first year we will have to try and out score everyone but that is ok.

And that’s why I’m saying if this is in fact the plan, try to find a way to swap Seabrook out for Gardiner. You want to outscore teams, Gardiner over Seabrook IMO. Just throwing our 19-20 year olds out there worries me for their development. We should bring them along slowly.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
And that’s why I’m saying if this in fact the plan, try to find a way to swap Seabrook out for Gardiner. You want to outscore teams, Gardiner over Seabrook IMO. Just throwing our 19-20 year olds out there worries me for their development. We should bring them along slowly.

Seabrook is not going anywhere without a compliance buyout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad