Trade Deadline Routine - 2015 Edition

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
So I work the grave yard shift at work and I looked at my schedule and it shows I'm off on March 2nd so it now allows me to sit back and relax all day/afternoon/night and enjoy the TDL. My routine usually consists of getting home from work around 8, immediately turning on TSN and my laptop. Coming on here and every sports website. Making a big breakfast (usually bacon and eggs) more than a few cups of coffee in the morning. Afternoon will probably consist of chicken wings and refreshing my laptop every 5-10 secs frantically trying to find out any big Leaf news. Around 2-3pm my mood will either be extremely happy or disappointed depending on what the Leafs did...Once TDL is over I will watch TSN and read people's reactions on here. Then around 6-7pm get ready to watch some hockey hoping to catch some new players in their new uniforms and with their new teams.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Nothing really concrete, but in University (08-11) I would skip lectures and seminars all day and sit in my dorm or house and enjoy. Was that important.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Go to work, have twitter loaded up on phone and on browser, HFBoards on different threads, check out a stream on my phone if I have time or if it's interesting (when it's dead... it's boring as hell).

That's about it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
9-11 - Go to the Gym

11-12 - Eat breakfast. Completely undo all the work I did at the Gym

12-320 - Usually when trades start to happen/get broken. Sit back, and follow the madness

4-5 - Watch the recap sportscenter

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
My routine for TDL

8am- Get up, shower, breakfeast
9am-4:30pm- I'm in school all day, but I can check the internet at any point and plan do so during the day at times
5pm- Get home and watch the updates and discussion's on TSN (luckily I don't have sportsnet)

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
Wake up around 10am, Get my annual "Trade Deadline" Sub from Subway, Open multiple tabs on HFBoards and Put TSN on (occasionally switching over to Sportsnet).

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Fortunately, I am on vacation that day. Ill get up at 6 AST/5 ET with my 2 yo and watch some silly childrens show.

At 9 AST, fire up TSN, and the laptop

9 - 4pm AST absorb the insanity

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
The td has been terrible the past couple of years so nothing special

Yep, you can thank the cap for that. I remember when I was a kid on deadline day I'd be eager to get home from school to turn on the tv to see if guys like Gilmour, Clark, Gretzky etc were traded... ah the good ole' days lol.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
I'll be at work, but it's our slow season so I can afford to be on the computer once in a while.

That and theScore will hopefully keep me up to date :)

Durkin67

What is everybody's routine on trade deadline day?

I find TDL day a letdown just about every year. Normally I just check my Twitter feed to see what Bobby Mac is saying and get on with my day. That said, this year may actually amount to something meaningful as the Leafs are poised to be sellers. I'll probably pay a little more attention this year.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I used to often take the day off, but so little happens now that's its totally not worth it. Regular checks from my phone while at work will do.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
What is everybody's routine on trade deadline day?

-book the day off work

-call the kids in sick from school so they can stay home

-decorate my house with lights

-cook a turkley and brew some soup

-invite family over to sit infront of the tv and watch deadline day all day

just kidding.

business as usual.

Then find out about the day's events whenever I find out about them. there are some "extremes" here I never knew people actually indulged in just for a trade deadline day ;)

Last edited:

Dugath

Jan 9, 2014
Well, the last two years no matter what I was watching SN or TSN it would be a few hours of guys trying to make hours of program be watchable while nothing happened. Until.. "So and so team has traded unknown player to so and so team" :)

The week of March 2nd I am working evenings so I guess I will watch it and perhaps browse these message boards. I do not expect much.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I would stay home every year from grade 6 until I finished college last year (06 to 14). But this is my first TDL where I actually have a career so I'll be working. Hopefully there isn't much for service calls and I have an early day.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Well, the last two years no matter what I was watching SN or TSN it would be a few hours of guys trying to make hours of program be watchable while nothing happened. Until.. "So and so team has traded unknown player to so and so team" :)

The week of March 2nd I am working evenings so I guess I will watch it and perhaps browse these message boards. I do not expect much.

I find TDL is slow from 8am til noon, lot of endless yacking, a few trades followed by more endless yacking. I find TDL is at its busiest between 2-3:30pm when team are doing last minute deals and then we here about a flurry of trades up until 4:30ish.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
alarm at 7

bacon/eggs/golden hash browns , mugs of Joe

open here, have tsn/sportsnet on auto flip and 1050 radio on in the background

a literal trough of Jamaican jerk chicken for lunch and left overs for dinner

crack the first cold pint at 11 , start up on my world famous homemade chip dip

soak it all in, crush copious amounts of calories and hope i stay sober enough to comprehend the at night wraps ups and evaluations

pass out drunk by 8 ish

wake up next day and salute another national holiday well spent :laugh:

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
This is the first year in the last 15 that I'm scheduled to work...I start work at 1pm which is 12pm EST.....so work is not going to happen.

I will be sitting in the living room as my wife will be at work, watch both TSN and sportsnet. I will turn the TV on at 8am and have a cup of coffee and then sit in my big chair and watch the endless chatter until the deals start. I think this year will see lots of trades as there are many teams in the east in with a chance to get to the finals....as well with the west being a 4 horse race, if one team makes a move I expect the others to as well.

With the Leafs as sellers we could see the blueprint of change being layed and us getting picks and prospects for our group of trade-able players. By the time my wife gets home it will be all over and I can still pretend to be sick:p::p:

Food will consist of easy to prepare items as I will be watching the TV and posting on here!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad