Speculation: Trade Deadline Predictions

Which Coyotes will be moved prior to the March 3rd trade deadline?

• Chychrun

• Schmaltz

• Gostisbehere

• Crouse

• Ritchie

• Bjugstad

• Boyd

• Fischer

• Vejmelka

• McBain

• Hayton

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Bjugstad likely wants to be traded and probably signed here so that he could be traded. Unfortunately, I think we’d be looking at a 4th round pick as a return.
Bjugstad will get a 2nd the way he's been playing...there will be teams that really want to add a 'big center' who's clipping out at almost .5 ppg and for that they'll pay a 2nd.

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Bjugstad will get a 2nd the way he's been playing...there will be teams that really want to add a 'big center' who's clipping out at almost .5 ppg and for that they'll pay a 2nd.
I think they’re smart enough to see he’s been given top minutes here he won’t get on a playoff team. I suspect he’s viewed as a 4C or 13F on a good playoff team. But I’m often wrong.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Bjugstad likely wants to be traded and probably signed here so that he could be traded. Unfortunately, I think we’d be looking at a 4th round pick as a return.
You made me look up his personal life. I can see stability more important and from what he said after signing, that your post is not the case with big Nick, wife Jackie, and their 2 young daughters.

rt

May 13, 2004
You made me look up his personal life. I can see stability more important and from what he said after signing, that your post is not the case with big Nick, wife Jackie, and their 2 young daughters.
Would I rather keep him on a Boyd deal or get a 4th for him at the deadline? I’d say just sign him. Who cares about 4ths? Not me.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Wouldn't surprise me if the 'Yotes traded Hayton @ the deadline. He still hasn't made me forget about Dvorak. I'm not saying we didn't do well in the trade, I'm saying that I was expecting Hayton to step up and to get at least the production of Dvorak. I my opinion, that's a low bar.

I would move Hayton, but what could we get? He's only managed 40 pts in 130 games.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Interesting that ghost is leading the poll...particularly considering we had to be bribed to take him. :naughty:

Like Kravstov or something. Meh.

Hayton’s fancy stats are good. I’d give him one more year to figure it out before I just dumped him for whatever. Assuming he doesn’t get worse this season.

No one wins Cups with fancy stats. ;)

rt

May 13, 2004
Interesting that ghost is leading the poll...particularly considering we had to be bribed to take him. :naughty:
I’m pretty sure I remember reading he didn’t move his wife out here during his entire first season. Not sure if she’s here now, but I don’t get the sense he’s settled in for the long haul.

No one wins Cups with fancy stats. ;)
Nor by trading one problem for another.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I would move Hayton, but what could we get? He's only managed 40 pts in 130 games.
If lucky with help from scouts, a RHD that is flying under the radar. Someone like Ceuleman comes to mind, but not expecting it to be Ceuleman.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I’d give Hayton one more year because that’s all he really has left anyways with cooley and our 23 puck coming. Not to mention being firmly supplanted at 3C by Mcbain

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah? I’m not so sure. Depends on the 1st. If it’s extremely late, I don’t think I’d bother.

The odds of getting a kid that can conceivably (I’m taking 82 game PACE, at this point) put up 15g, 250hits, and 4-5 fights as a rookie are pretty low. There aren’t a lot of players in their primes in the NHL these days that can do that, let alone rookies fresh out of college playing their first year pro.

McBain looks, to me at least, to have better odds at being an impact player for his current team than a first in the 25+ range normally would. I wouldn’t have said that a year ago. But he’s been impressive in the NHL already. Late 1sts often never even get that far.

Then again, we have a seemingly strong scouting staff and the ‘23 draft looks like it could be a very good class. So, maybe it’s a no-brainer. But I’d have to stop and think about it personally. Just using past precedent on picks in that range versus what McBainhas already shown. I think it’s close enough to be a tough call, anyway.
You wouldn't trade McBain for a late first but you would Chych?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Wouldn't surprise me if the 'Yotes traded Hayton @ the deadline. He still hasn't made me forget about Dvorak. I'm not saying we didn't do well in the trade, I'm saying that I was expecting Hayton to step up and to get at least the production of Dvorak. I my opinion, that's a low bar.
I think he Hayton stays at least one more year as AT seems to like him. They will trade Bjugstad and not bring him back as he is 30. Does not fit our rebuild going forward.

I’ve posted 987 Chychrun trade proposals here and what you’ve taken from them is that I’m looking to trade him for a late first? Are you ok?
As part of the package, yes. You post so many freaking trade proposals you can't keep track of them.:)

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

rt

May 13, 2004
I think he Hayton stays at least one more year as AT seems to like him. They will trade Bjugstad and not bring him back as he is 30. Does not fit our rebuild going forward.

As part of the package, yes. You post so many freaking trade proposals you can't keep track of them.:)
I’ve never posted one where he returns just a late first.

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I think Ghost is for sure getting moved. But my bold prediction is someone springing for Schmaltz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad