Speculation: Trade Deadline Predictions

Which Coyotes will be moved prior to the March 3rd trade deadline?

• Chychrun

• Schmaltz

• Gostisbehere

• Crouse

• Ritchie

• Bjugstad

• Boyd

• Fischer

• Vejmelka

• McBain

• Hayton

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Hayton Has been better the Last 5 Games.
If He keeps that Up, i am all for keeping him.

We will Most likely trade Ghost. I would Love If we could convince him to come Back in the Summer but i doubt that will Happen.
Bjugstad on the Other Hand could be convinced to do that.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

crazyhockeylover96

Mar 14, 2009

We will Most likely trade Ghost. I would Love If we could convince him to come Back in the Summer but i doubt that will Happen.
I can see Ghost coming back only if he doesn’t do well with the next team. In free agency, teams may not offer what he wants then but maybe he squeezes more out of AZ because he’s shown what he can do with this coach and roster.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

Agreed about Hayton. Thought he was our best player last night, and not just because he got two assists. There's no reason to trade him this year, unless it's in a package with Chychrun that returns a young NHL roster player has proven more (aka Chychrun + Hayton lands us Pinto or Byfield). But a trade like that is probably so unlikely.

Since he is signed for another year there's no reason in my mind to trade him. We have gotten ourselves in trouble time of time with not having enough quality centers. At this point he is at the very least a below average 2C defensively and putting up lower 3C production. This has been a bad season for him offensively but he was gift wrapped linemates or easy matchups either. If he can some who get his point totals into the 30's this season I will feel much better about him. Hopefully next year he starts to look like a below average 2C.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Agreed about Hayton. Thought he was our best player last night, and not just because he got two assists. There's no reason to trade him this year, unless it's in a package with Chychrun that returns a young NHL roster player has proven more (aka Chychrun + Hayton lands us Pinto or Byfield). But a trade like that is probably so unlikely.

Since he is signed for another year there's no reason in my mind to trade him. We have gotten ourselves in trouble time of time with not having enough quality centers. At this point he is at the very least a below average 2C defensively and putting up lower 3C production. This has been a bad season for him offensively but he was gift wrapped linemates or easy matchups either. If he can some who get his point totals into the 30's this season I will feel much better about him. Hopefully next year he starts to look like a below average 2C.
Until the Cooley's, Geekie's, etc. are ready for a full time NHL role we need as much Center depth as possible. McBain and Hayton look like good depth pieces. Expectations for Hayton are higher because of his draft position and he's shown some recent promise but until he does it consistently over a longer period he's looking more and more like a 3rd line player.

Last edited:

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I can see Ghost coming back only if he doesn’t do well with the next team. In free agency, teams may not offer what he wants then but maybe he squeezes more out of AZ because he’s shown what he can do with this coach and roster.

16 over 4 to come back to AZ?

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
16 over 4 to come back to AZ?

I'm pretty sure that Bill has no interest in that.
He's building a big, young team. There are very few deviations from that plan. When there are deviations (Stetcher is not young or big) the contract is short and cheap.

Reactions: rt

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Ghost is older for sure but I think his game holds up. Sort of like Goligoski. There is definitely a space next year for Ghost, especially if Chychrun is gone.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Valimaki - Moser
Nemeth - Brown
Kolyachonok - Soderstom

I wouldn't be surprised if we take on another cap dump veteran D. A bunch of teams will still be struggling with the cap next season. Or maybe we get a guy like Broberg in the Chychrun trade?

Reactions: Jakey53

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Valimaki - Moser
Nemeth - Brown
Kolyachonok - Soderstom

I wouldn't be surprised if we take on another cap dump veteran D. A bunch of teams will still be struggling with the cap next season. Or maybe we get a guy like Broberg in the Chychrun trade?

This is exactly why I'm worried we could be much worse next season. Chances are another cap dump will be Ghost quality. Chances are it would be Zeitzev quality.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I still think there will be a desire for a vet presence on the blueline. That whole core is pretty young, and Nemeth and Brown may not even be regulars. Cap floor becomes an issue too. That whole blueline is what, $7-8M?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Random but I bet Dysin Mayo goes. It's too expensive to pay him $1M cash to play in Tucson. We'll get a similar D on a two-way deal coming back.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Random but I bet Dysin Mayo goes. It's too expensive to pay him $1M cash to play in Tucson. We'll get a similar D on a two-way deal coming back.
most likely to be included in a Chychrun trade to Ottawa with Zaitsev coming back. Just my 2 cents.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
During the off-season for Tyler Myers is my farfetch prediction.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
So far we've nailed it. Ritchie still on the board, but his season hasn't been that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad