Trade Deadline Prediction

BringBuffaloStanley

Nov 16, 2014
and yes, trading up and packaging firsts is also part of the motive here, although it is not chief concern. I see trading into the top ten so beyond difficult, to the point where its almost not worth it in most cases.

I will tell you what though, I see Jeremy Roy and Konecky available in the teens which is great. Probably only need to bump a first with a couple seconds attached.

There is a particular guy I could see majorly sliding to the 12-15 range. MATTHEW BARZAL. He has been injured, is smaller, and could drop I have a feeling.

NYI first and in reality grigorenko for Barzal on the wing?

Yes Please:)

--------------------------------------------------
we are fishing for firsts. although plausible, unlikely stewart or staff alone, reel in a first. it's merely a means to package something that will bring in another first. caps or whoever would obviously probably send him to the ahl.

there is just a fundamental difference in opinion on here in terms of the hopes for Grigorenko. I do not see the speed or grit, I'm sorry. If you are playing laws of averages, second overall picks do not turn into busts.

Eichel
Reinhart
Girgensons

I dont get a lot of the shift Girgensons to wing stuff....someone has to be that great 3c shut down guy that we put against other teams top guys. we found him, he's right here. I think people get overly excited about these prospects. Be happy with what Girgensons is: a shut down guy, who most likely peaks around 20-25 goals.

I see nothing to indicate Grigorenko reaches levels surpassing either of those three guys. Certainly nowhere near the level of a Filip Forsberg, even Tomas Hertl.

I would reshuffle the deck and flip him for a Koneckny, Boeser etc. in a heart beat.

Any chance of yanking a first from a playoff bubble team involves also providing them most likely with something for the future and the present.

7 11 14

Jan 18, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Unreal. If you've seen Grigorenko play AT ALL this season you would know the compete is there. He's been playing with more effort and he's been more physical, battling a lot more. But I guess some people will never be happy with him. The sad reality is that no AHL fight or near PPG scoring rate is gonna take away the Russian tag he has labeled on him or give him a reset on his NHL debut. It's a shame really, but hell this dude can still turn out to be on a similar career path to RyJo. We don't give up on him unless it's in a package for a clear upgrade at a position of need...which I guess is technically every position. Not for a ****in draft pick though, come on man!

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
and yes, trading up and packaging firsts is also part of the motive here, although it is not chief concern. I see trading into the top ten so beyond difficult, to the point where its almost not worth it in most cases.

I will tell you what though, I see Jeremy Roy and Konecky available in the teens which is great. Probably only need to bump a first with a couple seconds attached.

There is a particular guy I could see majorly sliding to the 12-15 range. MATTHEW BARZAL. He has been injured, is smaller, and could drop I have a feeling.

NYI first and in reality grigorenko for Barzal on the wing?

Yes Please:)

--------------------------------------------------
we are fishing for firsts. although plausible, unlikely stewart or staff alone, reel in a first. it's merely a means to package something that will bring in another first. caps or whoever would obviously probably send him to the ahl.

there is just a fundamental difference in opinion on here in terms of the hopes for Grigorenko. I do not see the speed or grit, I'm sorry. If you are playing laws of averages, second overall picks do not turn into busts.

Eichel
Reinhart
Girgensons

I dont get a lot of the shift Girgensons to wing stuff....someone has to be that great 3c shut down guy that we put against other teams top guys. we found him, he's right here. I think people get overly excited about these prospects. Be happy with what Girgensons is: a shut down guy, who most likely peaks around 20-25 goals.

I see nothing to indicate Grigorenko reaches levels surpassing either of those three guys. Certainly nowhere near the level of a Filip Forsberg, even Tomas Hertl.

I would reshuffle the deck and flip him for a Koneckny, Boeser etc. in a heart beat.

Any chance of yanking a first from a playoff bubble team involves also providing them most likely with something for the future and the present.

This idea that you have to trade a center because there might be three centers ahead of him in time is kind of preposterous. Not only is it an unknown but the team needs wingers, which means it needs enough centers that we turn some of them into wingers. As to a shutdown #3 center, that's not really in line with the NHL of today. Our shutdown center would be Reinhart and/or McDavid/Eichel (assuming we get one). One of those would be playing the top competition. Girgensons is just as good of a player as a winger in my book.

I don't really see playoff bubble teams. If by bubble we mean a possibility of missing the playoffs, sure, but in terms of probability things look fairly settled in the East. Washington has a 7 point lead and though Florida at #9 has two games in hand on them, they are also a much worse team that can't score goals and has 8 less ROW. A third pick in the 20's just isn't that enticing unless it's had for spare parts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad