OT: Trade Deadline Prediction Thread.

selltrade

Sep 20, 2005
Toronto
www.selltradememorabilia.com
Franson to Nashville for a 2nd and a prospect.

Santo and Winnik, will go somewhere.

Kessel to the Islanders for 2 firsts, this year and next and a blue chip prospect. Okposo is gone and they need to replace those goals.

Phaneuf to LA for a 1st this year and a prospect.

Bozak to Minnesota for a 1st this year.

Robidas to the Bruins for a 2nd.

Polak to ST Jose for a 2nd and 3rd.

Lupul back to Anaheim for a 1st.

Kadri to the Canadians for a 1st.

Reimer to Vancouver for a 2nd.

Gardiner to Ottawa for a 2nd.
waiter Ill have what hes drinking

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
waiter Ill have what hes drinking

Franson to Nashville for a 2nd and a prospect.- Out of all the predictions this makes the most sense

Santo and Winnik, will go somewhere. - No crap lol

Kessel to the Islanders for 2 firsts, this year and next and a blue chip prospect. Okposo is gone and they need to replace those goals. - Doubt it. How do we even know Kessel has the Isles on his list?

Phaneuf to LA for a 1st this year and a prospect.- Not happening, Kings are looking to move salary instead of taking more on. If they want to shed Richards 5M, why would they look to add Dions 7M?

Bozak to Minnesota for a 1st this year. Doubt Bozak nets a 1st

Robidas to the Bruins for a 2nd. I could see Robdias going to the Bruins, but I highly doubt we get a 2nd rounder for him.

Polak to ST Jose for a 2nd and 3rd. Maybe

Kadri to the Canadians for a 1st. - No way! Why would Nonis deal one of his better players to a rival?

Reimer to Vancouver for a 2nd. - Maybe

Gardiner to Ottawa for a 2nd.- If this happens take the deal and run.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Franson to Nashville for a 2nd and a prospect.- Out of all the predictions this makes the most sense

Santo and Winnik, will go somewhere. - No crap lol

Kessel to the Islanders for 2 firsts, this year and next and a blue chip prospect. Okposo is gone and they need to replace those goals. - Doubt it. How do we even know Kessel has the Isles on his list?

Phaneuf to LA for a 1st this year and a prospect.- Not happening, Kings are looking to move salary instead of taking more on. If they want to shed Richards 5M, why would they look to add Dions 7M?

Bozak to Minnesota for a 1st this year. Doubt Bozak nets a 1st

Robidas to the Bruins for a 2nd. I could see Robdias going to the Bruins, but I highly doubt we get a 2nd rounder for him.

Polak to ST Jose for a 2nd and 3rd. Maybe

Kadri to the Canadians for a 1st. - No way! Why would Nonis deal one of his better players to a rival?

Reimer to Vancouver for a 2nd. - Maybe

Gardiner to Ottawa for a 2nd.- If this happens take the deal and run.

Lupul for a 1st! :biglaugh:

We'd have to include a twin pack of paramedics, a team of sports therapists, a complete medical team with Doctors from every discipline, and, a lifetime supply of Mickey Mouse bandages! :help:

NOT HAPPENING in this lifetime! :laugh:

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Lupul for a 1st! :biglaugh:

We'd have to include a twin pack of paramedics, a team of sports therapists, a complete medical team with Doctors from every discipline, and, a lifetime supply of Mickey Mouse bandages! :help:

NOT HAPPENING in this lifetime! :laugh:

Honestly I'd be happy with a mid round pick for Lupes. I really like the guy, but he just cannot stay health. That's a heck of a risk for a team that is acquiring him.

That said, the thought of a healthy, on his game Lupul added to your team for a playoff run would be a tempting one, I imagine.

IMO, if Lupul is moved, it will require salary coming back. But I hope I'm wrong.

Worst case scenario, he's not a bad guy to keep around for mentoring youngsters...assuming that article is correct and Shanny's going scorched earth.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Franson to Detroit for 1st rd pick

Winnik to Pittsburgh for 3rd rd pick

Santorelli to NYR for 2nd rd pick

Bozak to Washington for 1st rd pick + prospect

Holzer to SJ for 5th rd pick

That is all.

CalgaryLeaf*

-Franson to Detroit for Anthony Mantha straight up. (likely won't happen)

-Franson to Detroit for Teemu Pulkkinen and a 2nd rounder.

-Franson to Detroit for Tyler Bertuzzi

Last edited by a moderator:

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Franson to Nashville for a 2nd and a prospect.

Santo and Winnik, will go somewhere.

Kessel to the Islanders for 2 firsts, this year and next and a blue chip prospect. Okposo is gone and they need to replace those goals.

Phaneuf to LA for a 1st this year and a prospect.

Bozak to Minnesota for a 1st this year.

Robidas to the Bruins for a 2nd.

Polak to ST Jose for a 2nd and 3rd.

Kadri to the Canadians for a 1st.

Reimer to Vancouver for a 2nd.

Gardiner to Ottawa for a 2nd.

Lol

Leafs trade ~46million in cap and get only picks and prospects back.

Totally reasonable.

I predict

Franson, Santa, Winnik, and maybe Bozak all get traded.

Franson to LA for picks.
Santa to the NYR for picks.
Winnik to the NYI for picks.
Bozak to edm for Picks and a salary

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Lol

Leafs trade ~46million in cap and get only picks and prospects back.

Totally reasonable.

I predict

Franson, Santa, Winnik, and maybe Bozak all get traded.

Franson to LA for picks.
Santa to the NYR for picks.
Winnik to the NYI for picks.
Bozak to edm for Picks and a salary

I think the last 3 are very reasonable, but I take issue with the 1st one. Yea the Kings would love to have him BUT could they afford to take on his salary?

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I think the last 3 are very reasonable, but I take issue with the 1st one. Yea the Kings would love to have him BUT could they afford to take on his salary?

Yeah probably not.. Maybe if we took Stoll back if they're wanting Franson that bad?

I don't know I didn't put much thought into it.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Yeah probably not.. Maybe if we took Stoll back if they're wanting Franson that bad?

I don't know I didn't put much thought into it.

Hmmm... Stoll and a 1st? I think it gets that done BUT I don't know if LA bites. He's currently playing on their 3rd line (behind Kopitar, Carter), and with Richards out I don't think they can afford to move him.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
phaneuf + santorelli to ducks for theodore + dsp +1st + stoner + bourque

kessel and holzer to islanders for dal colle, nelson, 2nd

franson to la detroit for 1st

winnik to penguins for 2nd rounder

after deadline,

jvr-bozak-lupul
nelson-kadri-panik
komorov-holland-dsp
clarkson-smith-borque

rielly-robidas
gardiner-polak
stoner-percy/granberg

berns
reims

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
most realistic or likely

Franson to preds for a 1st and mid level prospect
Winnik to cup contender a prospect and or 2nd 3rd rounder
Santa hold on to end deadline day max return hopefully grab a 1st by waiting
Clarkson to Edm retain 35 40% salary our 2nd round pick for Eberle
Bozak/Kessel to Arizona Max Domi, Boedeker we ret 35% salary (unlikely kessel goes b4 summer tho)
Phaneuf retain 35%-40% salary 1st rounder this year NHL ready prospect (any team lol)
Reimer/Biggs- Cody Hodgson

To me the only untouchable is MR and JVR; hard to find a winger like that..bobby ryan, corey perry (though perry more physical) but older...only guy I would be pissed if we lose would be MR unless its for Edmontons 1st this yr and we keep Gardiner...

Further EDM I see firing MacTav if he doesnt trade the first pic now or in at draft...they have kept that pick the last several yrs and its got them in the basement

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Id like to add...I saw on twitter today an article where Cox said that MLSE has GRANTED the Leaf Brass to strip away as much as they feel necessary. Basically to me..now MLSE has basically cemented themselves, its an admittance that in the past they have more than likely told (even Burke) but Nonis and company..umm ya you cant do that deal sorry.

Also to remind people we traded 2 1st's for Kessel. He is still the big 40g scorer. Imagine he goes to a team lets just say he went to EDM and you put him with Nuge or Hall...All I am saying is please remember dont under value our players. Any deal is possible. As well IF we do a fire sale we can retain a couple players salaries to some degree, since it would mean next year with mostly kids and such playing for the big club, we wont be close to the cap.

atworks

Feb 12, 2015
Kessel & 3rd to Islanders for Della Cole and Griffin Reinhart.
Bozak & Gardiner to Washington for Alzner, Laich & 1st.
Phaneuf & van Riemsdyk to Anaheim for Etem, Ritchie, Theodore & 1st. Phanuefs bad contract equaled out by van Riemsdyk's good.
Franson to Dietroit for 2nd and 4th.
Santo to Vancouver for a 2nd.
Winnik & 5th to Pittsburgh for a 2nd.

My thoughts

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
most realistic or likely

Franson to preds for a 1st and mid level prospect
Winnik to cup contender a prospect and or 2nd 3rd rounder
Santa hold on to end deadline day max return hopefully grab a 1st by waiting
Clarkson to Edm retain 35 40% salary our 2nd round pick for Eberle
Bozak/Kessel to Arizona Max Domi, Boedeker we ret 35% salary (unlikely kessel goes b4 summer tho)
Phaneuf retain 35%-40% salary 1st rounder this year NHL ready prospect (any team lol)
Reimer/Biggs- Cody Hodgson

This is the most hilarious thing I've read all day.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
The Leafs do not make a single move.

trying to start a fight lol? years past I get it however...if you read my one post MLSE for once has realized its time to do it right. The first domino will most likely be Franson or Santa...and watch out. I also feel something is already closer than we think, with the ashton broll trade freeing up 2 roster spots and 3 now if you count Dion.

The ACC will be set a blaze if they really do only 1 or 2 minor things. I am expecting a lot to happen..keeping in mind Nonis and Shanny arent going to just give away guys. We need fair return. Which is why you may see the biggest trade in awhile be announced after 3pm March 2nd..you wait to maximize your return. Teams way over pay this time of year it's a chance to even accelerate our rebuild.

I see Dion and Kessel in the summer though OR draft day. Especially Kessel, this way we can field offers from every team in the league..not just cup contenders

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
The Leafs do not make a single move.

"At this time we have not received the asking price we had on our available players. We believe in the group have and we will move forward from here...A few of our players have stepped forward this year in a large role and we are actively looking to extend their contracts as a top priority. Our players have shown that they are able to succeed and we will continue playing to win hockey games."

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
"At this time we have not received the asking price we had on our available players. We believe in the group have and we will move forward from here...A few of our players have stepped forward this year in a large role and we are actively looking to extend their contracts as a top priority. Our players have shown that they are able to succeed and we will continue playing to win hockey games."

shut up, shut up right now

these words coming out of nonuts mouth would make me have an aneurysm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad