Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Stand path like he always do. :rant:

He needs to get rid of ufa, aka Markov.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Big eye opener trades rarely happen for a team. I'd rather Bergevin do minor trades than be involved in a big trade where we get ripped off.

Halifaxhab*

I see him trading Markov if Markov doesn't sign by the deadline. Posiibly move Eller for help in the top 6 on the wing.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
you gotta explain what "as usual" means considering the guy took part in ONE deadline day as Habs GM...

:help:

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Hopefully trade Briere, Bourque or Gionta. Wouldn't mind keeping Bourque and putting him with the Desharnais line though, he looked good the last time he played with him and if he has a solid end to the year we'd have a better chance trading him in the offseason for a better return. Also he had a decent playoffs last year so wouldn't mind seeing if he steps it up again.

If we can get a decent returns for Moen and Murray then trade them, Moen has played very well this year but we have a lot of bottom six guys and his value is at its highest that its been in a while. Also call up Beaulieu and let him play.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Bourque
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Bournival - Plekanec - Gionta/Briere
Prust - White - Weise
Parros

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Tinordi
Emelin - Beaulieu
Drewiske/Bouillon

Not expecting much in the playoffs so if we make them would love to see our kids get significant roles.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
I really hope he "Fire sale all the UFA must go!" and keeps building our team with the near future in mind...in other words I would want him to get prospects back and not draft picks.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Wouldn't be surprised to see one of Eller, Markov or Moen moved.

Same.

Moen is a no brainer to me. Not really needed on this team anymore but I'm not sure what kind of value he actually has anymore around the league.

I've said my piece on Markov before.

As for Eller, I get the feeling that he is on his way out. Clearly him and MT aren't on the same page and he is in an epic slump. Sadly I don't have any faith that MB would make a good deal involving Eller. If he is gonna trade him then he better get good value for him.

idk

Jan 11, 2012
We are probably going to make the playoffs (even if we finish 10-10-1 we are almost a lock to make the playoffs and something tells me we're at least a .500 team the rest of the way out) so those of you who are expecting (or hoping) for a fire sale are nuts (or going to be sorely disappointed). I also don't see MB going all in and getting rentals for a cup run - after all we were much better positioned in the standing last season and we didn't do anything then, I don't see how MB makes a move with a weaker team. Probably just a minor deal unless something great with a long term positive impact on the team floats to the surface....

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
like every year...I think deadline day will be a pretty boring day for us Hab fans.

TDD and July 1st have become boring days for any fan, not as much is happening anymore...

two or three pieces moved to real contenders (wich we are not) and then a bunch of depth moves.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I would have loved to see Gionta traded. Some playoff team would take him in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, no smart playoff team trades their captain at the deadline.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Same.

Moen is a no brainer to me. Not really needed on this team anymore but I'm not sure what kind of value he actually has anymore around the league.

I've said my piece on Markov before.

As for Eller, I get the feeling that he is on his way out. Clearly him and MT aren't on the same page and he is in an epic slump. Sadly I don't have any faith that MB would make a good deal involving Eller. If he is gonna trade him then he better get good value for him.

I've seen a Canucks fan propose Bieksa for him in another thread, and I think it would make perfect sense. It would finally give us a very good #3-#4 guy, which we've been missing since Hamrlik left. Next year, you play Markov with Emelin, Gorges with Subban, and whoever makes the team between Beaulieu and Tinordi, with Bieksa.

If Pateryn makes the team, you have Markov playing with Bieksa, Emelin with Subban, and Gorges with Pateryn.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
That being said, I don't expect Eller to get moved. Like I said, I see us getting one of these guys: Boyes, Setoguchi or Stempniak, for something like a B/C prospect and/or a mid-low draft pick

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I see him trading Markov if Markov doesn't sign by the deadline. Posiibly move Eller for help in the top 6 on the wing.

Do you want to sell low on Eller though? Yeah he's playing like crap but he's still young and cheap.

Stand path like he always do. :rant:

He needs to get rid of ufa, aka Markov.

How do the Habs always stand pat? Do the names Gill and Kostitsyn ring a bell?

You don't trade Markov unless you can't sign him to a reasonable deal.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Do you want to sell low on Eller though? Yeah he's playing like crap but he's still young and cheap.

Don't bring Gill and Kostitsyn! :laugh: Even a 5 year old boy would have understand the necessity of making those trades.

Halifaxhab*

I don't see it selling low on Eller. I would like to keep him. But he is a very attractive asset to many teams and could help us get a top 6 winger.

I would rather move guys like Briere, Bourque and Gionta, but come on now....that won't get us the help we need/want

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad