GDT: Trade Deadline Naptime Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
It needs to be done, but it feels lame selling at the deadline and waiting for the draft.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
It needs to be done, but it feels lame selling at the deadline and waiting for the draft.

Part of the process. Besides, while Stemps was a pretty big piece for us he was really the only guy we're going to miss. Gelinas and Matteau barely played and when they did they weren't exactly difference makers.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Guess this was Calgarys minor deal lol

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 1m1 minute ago
Wild acquire David Jones from Calgary for goaltender Niklas Backstrom.
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 3m3 minutes ago
Flames also received a sixth-round pick. They save money, too, in this deal. And Wild get player they can use. Backstrom basically done.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
In summary
Out: Stempniak, Gelinas, Matteau
In: Smith-Pelley, 2017 2nd, 2017 3rd, 2016 4th

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Warsofsky too. Not necessarily a deadline deal, but an acquisition today.

Yeah.

Overall I'd say Gelinas/Matteau were good deals. Especially Gelinas. Both just didn't have a future here.

Stempniak was a hard one to do but a 2nd/4th from a tryout is nothing to complain about. Hopefully the good ties between NJ and Stempniak see him return in the summer.

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
I'm surprised the capitals didn't make a deal for a dman with Carlson injured. Schlemko could have been an option

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So I'm guessing Kovalchuk never got something done by the end of the day?:laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So I'm guessing Kovalchuk never got something done by the end of the day?:laugh:

Apparently they offered him a $1 million buyout option to go away immediately but he refused to pay the buyout and is now just sitting out the rest of the season.

So we're gonna have to deal with this crap AGAIN in the offseason, oh joy.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Apparently they offered him a $1 million buyout option to go away immediately but he refused to pay the buyout and is now just sitting out the rest of the season.

He got paid a lot of money not to terminate his contract until the end of the KHL season.

Thanks guys!

What a loser this guy is. Just an incredible assclown he is.

About to back out of his second contract in 3 years. I hope no one wants him in the NHL or KHL after all this **** he pulls.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Dude is a ****ing cancer. I want a black hole to open up in Russia and suck him in. I'm beyond done.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
His sister said at the time he'd be back within 4 years. This was always the plan.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Did they ever say what this whole fight between him and his team is really about? Or is it still all just speculation?

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
We turned a PTO and two healthy scratches into three draft picks and an upgrade roster player. Successful day.

I'll be amazed if we don't turn those draft picks into another player by the draft.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Dude is a ****ing cancer. I want a black hole to open up in Russia and suck him in. I'm beyond done.

I don't want him anywhere near this team. I would imagine the few carryovers that played with him here, probably don't think too highly of him either. I don't think our owners of the new management want him around either, neither does Lou with the Leafs.

Unless the conspiracy theorists were right, and that he and Lou really concocted this whole thing to get him off the books. I don't believe that was the case though, especially with what's going on now over. I never really did believe that.

It's not like he's really an elite player anymore either, despite the fact that he'd probably be our best offensive forward right now. Zajac, Henrique, Larsson, Greene, Kinkaid, those might be the only guys on the team that played with him, not counting Elias and Gionta who probably won't be here next year.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't want him anywhere near this team. I would imagine the few carryovers that played with him here, probably don't think too highly of him either. I don't think our owners of the new management want him around either, neither does Lou with the Leafs.

Unless the conspiracy theorists were right, and that he and Lou really concocted this whole thing to get him off the books. I don't believe that was the case though, especially with what's going on now over. I never really did believe that.

It's not like he's really an elite player anymore either, despite the fact that he'd probably be our best offensive forward right now. Zajac, Henrique, Larsson, Greene, Kinkaid, those might be the only guys on the team that played with him, not counting Elias and Gionta who probably won't be here next year.

If he does come back we have his rights apparently. Just trade them and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad