GDT: Trade Deadline Naptime Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kensu

Nov 1, 2011
New York City
Alright's its over two hours passed the deadline. We still don't have an "all done" from Shero... and there were tweets about a really long line putting trades through. Does anyone believe we still have something going down?

there's only a couple teams left that haven't said their done. I have no idea what's happening.

DirtyJerzey

Oct 19, 2013
Alright's its over two hours passed the deadline. We still don't have an "all done" from Shero... and there were tweets about a really long line putting trades through. Does anyone believe we still have something going down?

who knows, but he is making moves so it might look good

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

I'm guessing Tyler Kennedy for a 6th round pick. Or we get Yak :sarcasm:

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
We lost Tropp

Shouldn't matter too much, the waiver moves they made today suggests they'll send Severson, Blandisi and Boucher down to Albany for their playoffs most likely. If that's what they decide to do Albany is still pretty stacked:

LW: Lorito, Boucher, Pietila, Thomson, Pelley, Johnson
C: Blandisi, O'Brien, Coleman, Kujawinski, Black
RW: Sislo, O'Neill, Thompson, Novak, McKelvie

LD: Kelly, Burlon, Helgeson, Gragnani
RD: Severson, Mozik, Scarlett, McPherson, Hrabarenka, Faust

G: Wedgewood, Danis, Appleby

They'd be a really difficult out for any team.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Shouldn't matter too much, the waiver moves they made today suggests they'll send Severson, Blandisi and Boucher down to Albany for their playoffs most likely. If that's what they decide to do Albany is still pretty stacked:

LW: Lorito, Boucher, Pietila, Thomson, Pelley, Johnson
C: Blandisi, O'Brien, Coleman, Kujawinski, Black
RW: Sislo, O'Neill, Thompson, Novak, McKelvie

LD: Kelly, Burlon, Helgeson, Gragnani
RD: Severson, Mozik, Scarlett, McPherson, Hrabarenka, Faust

G: Wedgewood, Danis, Appleby

They'd be a really difficult out for any team.

I'm actually surprised at Severson, it almost seems like an insult to send him back down at this point since he'll have played close to two full NHL seasons by the end of the year. Then again I'd rather see him and the two B's get big playoff time in the AHL than the old guys/marginal prospects.

dougiebrown

Oct 22, 2007
New Jersey
New Jersey Devils ‏@NJDevils 3m3 minutes ago
#NJDevils GM Ray Shero to media in regards to trading Lee Stempniak to Boston: "It was a hard thing to do."

So if he's talking to the media, I'm guessing there's no more deals to be announced.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
I'm actually surprised at Severson, it almost seems like an insult to send him back down at this point. Then again I'd rather see him and the two B's get big playoff time in the AHL than the old guys/marginal prospects.

Severson has had an up and down Sophomore season, i think exposure to playoff hockey (even at the AHL level) can only be a good thing for his development, he'd probably dominate against the lesser competition. He seems like a fairly driven/professional player, he's been scratched a few times and hasn't complained. I'm sure he'd understand that it was mutually beneficial for him to participate in the AHL playoffs with Albany.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I'm very impressed with shero. Small moves today but he's constantly improving the team with every move he makes. We're going in the right direction.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
A good day for the NJD organization and The Process.

Sad to see Stemp go now, he's been more than anyone could have asked for.
Would be nice to sign him to a 2-yr deal this summer.

Hope we strike gold with a few of those picks, like Philly did with Gost or what Detroit always seems to do.

We may have found a solid 4th line RW too in DSP.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm actually surprised at Severson, it almost seems like an insult to send him back down at this point since he'll have played close to two full NHL seasons by the end of the year. Then again I'd rather see him and the two B's get big playoff time in the AHL than the old guys/marginal prospects.

Some kind of pro playoff experience is better then none. Be good for him.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Severson has had an up and down Sophomore season, i think exposure to playoff hockey (even at the AHL level) can only be a good thing for his development, he'd probably dominate against the lesser competition. He seems like a fairly driven/professional player, he's been scratched a few times and hasn't complained. I'm sure he'd understand that it was mutually beneficial for him to participate in the AHL playoffs with Albany.

It's def good to have Sevs go to Albany for the playoffs.

We did the same thing with Lars a few seasons ago.

It will boost his confidence and expedite his development.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Can't wait to watch this team on the ice with Ruutu, Kalinin, Gionta, Smith Pelley, Kennedy, and Tootoo "attempting" to score goals.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Decent to good deadline day relative to expectations. Now we'll probably see the Devils limp to the finish line without Cammy and Stempniak, but we'll be able to see how DSP fits at least, and hopefully the draft goes well and maybe Shero can make a shrewd trade a la Palmieri.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Can't wait to watch this team on the ice with Ruutu, Kalinin, Gionta, Smith Pelley, Kennedy, and Tootoo "attempting" to score goals.

Whilst i'm not one to root against my own team, at this point i'm not going to be vastly concerned if we continue to slip down the standings with Cammalleri out and Stempniak gone.

The rest of the season is pretty much irrelevant at this point, hopefully the youngsters will continue to perform well though.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
If we're sending roster players to Albany, who the heck is going to replace them or are we in major tank mode?

We aren't. They are playing tomorrow. It was a paper move to make them eligible for the AHL playoffs.

So no matter what the three get some pro playoff experience since Albany is definitely making the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad