GDT: Trade Deadline Naptime Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Listening to Bob McKenzie on TSN radio and he mentioned that Dallas preferred Russell over Hamhuis. He hypothesizes that Dallas put similar offers for both, but went with Russell. Market dropped out on Hamhuis after the Russell deal and now Vancouver looks bad for not taking anything.

The Boedker trade was interesting in that most are assuming Arizona won't sign Conner Bleackley and will simply take the 53rd pick in June as compensation for not signing a former first rounder. Avs drafted Bleackley in 2014 and allegedly had a terrible prospect camp to the point where Roy already was complaining about him. They fired their head scout three months later.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
The Boedker trade was interesting in that most are assuming Arizona won't sign Conner Bleackley and will simply take the 53rd pick in June as compensation for not signing a former first rounder. Avs drafted Bleackley in 2014 and allegedly had a terrible prospect camp to the point where Roy already was complaining about him. They fired their head scout three months later.

Are you serious? I thought he was a good prospect and one of the better pieces in that trade. I guess he has really fallen off then. If they don't sign him, maybe Shero will take a look?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Are you serious? I thought he was a good prospect and one of the better pieces in that trade. I guess he has really fallen off then. If they don't sign him, maybe Shero will take a look?

Coyotes will get three months to decide whether or not they'd rather have the pick. Red Deer hosts the Memorial Cup this year, so Bleackley will have an extended playoff run one way or another.

The other prospect in the trade Kyle Wood was getting some recognition last year. 40 points in 67 games last season, 35 points in 40 games this year, and a RH shot which the Coyotes are lacking in their pool of D. Given the Coyotes' propensity to draft sons of formers NHLers, I'd be curious if they have any interest in Cam Dineen in the 2nd round this year. Dineen is also teammates with Wood.

You could make an argument that Stempniak fetched a similar price as Mikkel Boedker and Arizona had to eat Tanguay's salary. I'll file that under "Statements that wouldn't have made sense in September."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad