Salary Cap: Trade deadline is rapidly approaching... time to wake up Sleepy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Hating seemingly a lot about this team day in and day out seems counter intuitive to really being a fan. The guy went on vacation during the cup finals in 2017. A real fan wouldn't do that. Not someone so immersed in the process of following the team. When we go good there's little praise. I'm not the most jovial or positive person myself. But at times you need to appreciate the good or the bad will undoubtedly consume you. He's consumed with negativity. I think he needs help! No foolin!

I am guilty of sometimes trying to look in more the good or positive than the bad. It seems like you are correct and we have quite a few fans on the board that dial in on the bad and run with it.

There are plenty here that pop in and show their face and point out all the "bad" that's happening and are pretty scarce thru the win streaks etc. I find it somewhat comical. Its like they have post ready to go after a win streak ends and a losing streak starts. Everyone's going to get their chance because even the best teams in Hockey lose to the worst teams and even the best teams go thru spells where they look pretty bad.

Nature of the game

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Last season I suggested that Zohorna or DOC be paired with Geno & Kapanen. Both you and @KIRK took offense to this and said that you'd rather see or thought it was more realistic that Poulin or Legare be tried there.

And now look at this season with you clamoring for Zoho or DOC (or even Puus) be tried in the top 6. :laugh:

He's [POJ] 22 for the entirety of this season. Dumoulin wasn't 24 until his first full season with the NHL Pens.

Fair. I think POJ will be an NHLer, I just don’t see him as a hands off prospect in a trade which was what the initial argument was about before Mr. Six Figures went off on a tangent.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Good to see him skating, we could use him no doubt
We could use the cap space from LTIR and Zuck. If we were allowed to make adjustment to the lineup, Zucker coming back would be nice. We still have Carter or Kap struggling even with Zuck back.

Last edited:

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
What are the Knights plans? I don't follow them that closely. Are they just going to continue to LITR everyone to the playoffs while trying to hold on to a playoff spot?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
What are the Knights plans? I don't follow them that closely. Are they just going to continue to LITR everyone to the playoffs while trying to hold on to a playoff spot?

Idk but Reilly Smith should be someone our FO pursues…

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Every available top 6 winger should be on our radar. Burke should temporarily stop the podcast/radio/tv interviews and call every team daily.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
We could use the cap space from LTIR and Zuck. If we were allowed to make adjustment to the lineup, Zucker coming back would be nice. We still have Carter or Kap struggling even with Zuck back.

They aren't going to LTIR Zucker if he's coming back and has the opportunity to get himself into game shape.

We already discussed this, think about what you are saying. Why LTIR if he's coming back.

If he needed to be LTIR than we have no issue but that doesn't look like the case

Reactions: Ryder71

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
They aren't going to LTIR Zucker if he's coming back and has the opportunity to get himself into game shape.

We already discussed this, think about what you are saying. Why LTIR if he's coming back.

If he needed to be LTIR than we have no issue but that doesn't look like the case
I was hoping we’d have to LTIR him to at least make it a possibility that we do something. Now, sleepy will likely make a depth move (the last thing we need) and call it a day. Rinse and repeat.

Sleepy will get another free pass.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I am guilty of sometimes trying to look in more the good or positive than the bad. It seems like you are correct and we have quite a few fans on the board that dial in on the bad and run with it.

There are plenty here that pop in and show their face and point out all the "bad" that's happening and are pretty scarce thru the win streaks etc. I find it somewhat comical. Its like they have post ready to go after a win streak ends and a losing streak starts. Everyone's going to get their chance because even the best teams in Hockey lose to the worst teams and even the best teams go thru spells where they look pretty bad.

Nature of the game
Excellent post, well stated.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

He wants to try and circumvent the cap essentially. Get Zucker back post season but not before. Use the extra cap space for guys who sink ZAR and Simon. Yep, that's what he wants.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Strange time to say this when like eight forwards are in the middle of excessively long dry spells. He’s getting very little out of anyone outside of L1 and Geno at forward.
Maybe they aren't all that great to begin with. Ever consider that?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Haha I booked a trip to South Carolina like 6 months before the playoffs started. I still watched most of the games. I watched the Pens hoist the cup at Roethlisberger’s bar in Kiawah.
Well, then you didn't plan accordingly, that's on you. We came off a cup the year before. It was quite possible we'd be competing again in June the following year. Clearly you had no faith.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
I had a trip planned for June '16. Put off my departure by a day to watch game 6. If that's a loss, now I gotta travel out thinking about the game and enjoy one fewer day while thinking about where to find game 7 of the freaking Final. Happily I was on clouds the next morning.

Honestly though I'm still a little annoyed they didn't win game 5 at home.

Reactions: Ryder71

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
So, then why did Hextall sign them???
Because we're a cap team and we didn't have the space to do much else? Maybe you think we could get McDavid or Mackinnon also, yes? If not it has to be our fearless leaders fault, yes?

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
So they get Boeser yet? JR kinda stunk at the end but there was always something to talk about haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad