Trade deadline II / 2015-2016 Roster Discussion Thread

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Erat is done and he asked to be traded... so no, don't dare...

Still looks to have his speed to me, always been a two way player and always been strong on the puck (third line could use a guy like that), still has decent offensive skills, he knows the core of the team already and wouldn't have a problem assimilating into the team most likely, would be cheap to acquire and would be a rental. I know it's probably an unpopular opinion but as long as he can come back here with no hard feelings and accept a third line role I'd do it.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I have a strange feeling Erat would not be that welcomed back in the locker room. Keep in mind he bailed on these guys and the team. Also why would you really want him? He has done nothing of note since leaving, and his final year here he didn't play that well either. Well unless skating around in circles until you turn the puck over is doing something.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I have a strange feeling Erat would not be that welcomed back in the locker room. Keep in mind he bailed on these guys and the team. Also why would you really want him? He has done nothing of note since leaving, and his final year here he didn't play that well either. Well unless skating around in circles until you turn the puck over is doing something.

Exactly. He quit on this team when it was at its worst moment. You do that, and you don't get welcomed back when the team is on top again. Pass.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Erat is done and he asked to be traded... so no, don't dare...

I dunno, I usually feel that when guys choose to go they should stay gone but.....

He's on scoring pace of about 2.5x Cullen..... and still has good speed.

As for asking for a trade: he did it quietly rather than as a distraction, he didn't lie about things like former #20 and #9, and speaking of #9 - glad Erat realized we were going with youth and knew he wasn't gonna' be much help

Might not be a bad pickup for a low draft choice...

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Retreads rarely work out
. Should just be happy with what we got in return and carry on.

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
Erat needs his jersey in the rafters for asking for a trade. Add that to the list of things Poile was forced into (Ribero calling Poile, Weber offer sheet, etc.)

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Yep, forced into picking up this years Calder favorite. What a lucky guy. Nothing his years in the league and experience did to turn lemons into the best lemonade we have ever seen...

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'd like to see Legwand back on the third line, but I get the distinct feeling that he wouldn't want to come back.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I don't want Erat but it would be the ultimate troll of the Washington Capitals if he did come back and contribute to us making a run. FF9 on 1st line, Erat on 3rd, hugging after hoisting the cup. OK the more I think of this MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Seriously though, if I did know we were going to make a legit cup run then Leggy is the guy I would want back. That would be awesome.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Yeah - Leggy. For the nostalgia. There was a game worn authentic of his in the Bridgestone shop and it was the cheapest of the lot. I almost pulled the trigger, but bought the Hornqvist one instead. If it's still around - I may have to pull the trigger again - man will my wife kill me.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I always thought that Leggy would be a perfect 3rd line center if we ever had a situation that made that possible.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I have a few problems with Leggy coming back:

1. He's a pretty soft player and that third line could use a guy with some "jam" mixed with some speed and skill.
2. His reputation as a shutdown center preceded him towards the end of his tenure here IMO.
3. Perhaps the biggest issue is he has another year left on his deal. Do we want him next year?

In general I agree moving Jarnkrok to wing and seeing

Cullen-Leggy-Jarnkrok

is better than

Cullen-Jarnkrok-Bourque

The addition of Leggy, while upgrades the center spot, makes the line even more soft and susceptible to getting trapped in their own end and would struggle to generate offense other than in transition so it's a trade off.

dougie1107

Jul 6, 2012
Memphis
I just want Legwand because dammit, if we're going to make a cup run it just wouldn't be right if he wasn't a part of it.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
Yep, Leggy would be my 1st choice if they were bringing someone back. Can't imagine a better ending to a Predators' season than him burying an empty netter.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Yep, Leggy would be my 1st choice if they were bringing someone back. Can't imagine a better ending to a Predators' season than him burying an empty netter.
We could really use a guy that can score on an empty net when we are playing 6 vs 5 this year. It would save me a lot of heart burn for sure.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Still looks to have his speed to me, always been a two way player and always been strong on the puck (third line could use a guy like that), still has decent offensive skills, he knows the core of the team already and wouldn't have a problem assimilating into the team most likely, would be cheap to acquire and would be a rental. I know it's probably an unpopular opinion but as long as he can come back here with no hard feelings and accept a third line role I'd do it.

Nope no way. Poile should not give up one single asset to bring in a washed-up player who demanded a trade. Remember, Poile wanted him to stay and he would be traded in the offseason, but Erat was having none of that. Then he did the same thing to Washington: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...rade-team-demanded-traded-174704162--nhl.html

You guys who wouldn't mind that dude back are basking in the glow of Forsberg. The reality is we got really lucky that Washington was dumb enough to give us that kid for Erat.

A big NO for him back here for any piece that Poile would have to give up.

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
For the most part I enjoyed some of Erat's play for us. Would I want him back? Definitely not! In his latter years with us he reminded me of someone whose real value would have been on his countries Olympic Figure skating team. His one offensive zone move was to fly in with the puck, circle wide around the back of the net, and continue out to the blue line where he immediately lost the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad