Trade deadline II / 2015-2016 Roster Discussion Thread

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
let me repost this then;

for the little it's worth, ecklund says the preds are 'interested' in and have inquired about the following guys;

vermette, stewart, jagr, santorelli, petry, lecavilier, kadri, cole.
neuverth, fasth, Fleishmann, enroth, niemi.

so basically almost every forward or goalie. in my opinion it's more of him guessing who he thinks we need and not who we need or want;

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
My order of preference based on the player combined with what I would assume it would cost us.

vermette
jagr
Santorelli
Kadri
Fleischmann
stewart

What's your order?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
let me repost this then;

for the little it's worth, ecklund says the preds are 'interested' in and have inquired about the following guys;

vermette, stewart, jagr, santorelli, petry, lecavilier, kadri, cole.
neuverth, fasth, Fleishmann, enroth, niemi.

so basically almost every forward or goalie. in my opinion it's more of him guessing who he thinks we need and not who we need or want;

yeah this time of year he's just trying to drive website traffic.

Seems like Ek used to have pretty good sources regarding Nashville but I think this is just blather..

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
The only player I like on that list is Kadri, the rest are over the hillers or not as good as everyone thinks they are

I'd like Jagr and Vermette depending on the price of both. Vermette is really good on faceoffs, which is something we could badly use with Ribeiro at 42.4%, Jarnkrok at 44.7% and Fisher just above 50%. Picking up Vermette and moving Jarnkrok to the wing would help quite a bit this year imo.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I'd like Jagr and Vermette depending on the price of both. Vermette is really good on faceoffs, which is something we could badly use with Ribeiro at 42.4%, Jarnkrok at 44.7% and Fisher just above 50%. Picking up Vermette and moving Jarnkrok to the wing would help quite a bit this year imo.

I agree. I think getting Jarnkrok back to the wing should be a goal for the playoffs. I think C is the future for him but he's still growing into it.

NSHPreds1835

Glads/Preds
May 24, 2011
Monroe GA
Is Kessel even a possibility? This guy on Youtube says he would not mind seeing Kessel going to a team like Nashville or somewhere else. What would the Preds have to give up in order to get someone like a Phil Kessel?

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I honestly think it would be:

Smith

One of Watson/Beck/Borque/Salomaki

One of Fiala/Diaby/Kamenev

And a first round pick

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Oh and for those saying that Cullen and Volchenkov were our only 2 who had been to the finals, Stalberg has a cup as well. I wouldn't mind seeing him take Cullen's place at this point. Cullen has lost himself, age has taken over badly.

Rankelson

Sep 23, 2010
There's been speculation in Finnish press regarding movement of Lauri Korpikoski in the deadline with Blackhawks and Preds being possible candidates. Korpikoski is a good energy player doing solid SH minutes in ARI. Would be a huge upgrade to Jokinen IMHO.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
There's been speculation in Finnish press regarding movement of Lauri Korpikoski in the deadline with Blackhawks and Preds being possible candidates. Korpikoski is a good energy player doing solid SH minutes in ARI. Would be a huge upgrade to Jokinen IMHO.

He'd be an upgrade over Jokinen no doubt but with two more years on his contract after this one, is it worth it to go after him?

With all the guys on the Admirals that are near NHL ready I'd prefer to get rentals and let guys like Watson, Salomaki, Leipsic, Aberg and Arvidsson fill these roles. Even give Stalberg another shot.

Last edited:

SouthNash

Oct 25, 2014
Oh and for those saying that Cullen and Volchenkov were our only 2 who had been to the finals, Stalberg has a cup as well. I wouldn't mind seeing him take Cullen's place at this point. Cullen has lost himself, age has taken over badly.

Jokinen and Nystrom have to go before Cullen IMO :nod:

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Jokinen and Nystrom have to go before Cullen IMO :nod:
Nystrom has been solid for us and shouldn't be moved. Right now DP needs to pull out one of his great trades for a d-man and very soon. Problem is he now has little leverage with our injuries...

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

I would not be against this with the exception on the 2.5 contract. I think the upside he is a winger. We have far too many centers playing on the wing and honestly I think this has been a big part of Cullen and even Jokinen's issues. The older players are just not as effective IMO when you take them out of the position they have played for years. Can they adjust sure but with there age its never going to be the best option.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
The Toronto rumors seem to have cooled considerably..maybe because of our injuries, maybe because the reported price on Franson is said to be pretty high.

I don't think it was ever about Kessel, honestly.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
I think Nystrom plays his role well enough to stay. Cullen needs to replace Jokinen on the 2nd line until Wilson is back. Cullen and Fisher always seem to have good chemistry, let's see if it's still there.

Teekko

Mar 5, 2011
Vancouver
I like how are third line is playing at the moment, I would rather are lines look like this...

Forsberg - Ribeiro - Smith
Beck - Fisher - Neal
Cullen - Jarnkrok - Bourque
Nystrom - Gaustad - Jokinen

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
I like how are third line is playing at the moment, I would rather are lines look like this...

Beck - Fisher - Neal

Good lord. Looking at those 4 lines wtf? How are we #1? That lineup simply put will not get us far in the playoffs. Jokinen, Cullen, Nystrom and Bourque all need to go and Beck on the 2nd line no thanks.

We need some guys at the deadline. Obviously I want Kessel more than anything...but I think we could definitely use Vermette, Jagr, Winnik or Santorelli or hell I'll even take Chris Neil but we need about 2-4 guys at the deadline with the fourth being a defenseman.

PeterLax

Aug 23, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Beck - Fisher - Neal

Are you not accounting for Wilson..?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad