GDT: Trade Deadline Extravaganza Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Well at this point I’d say the safe that is the leaFS are going to have a more conservative day today, BUT worth remembering like with the Nylander negotiation DubAS isn’t afraid to do things at the last minute.

At the very least we have confirmation via the Chris Johnston Rumor is that they’ve had a least serious talks about a RHD, and often it seems groundwork for traDES can be laid at the TDL and finished in the off-season.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
You could just as easily pose the discussion point. You dont need to reference a nobody on twitter throwing out a trade scenario. It has no more relevance then any of us throwing it out.
I guess so. It's just not my idea so I didn't want to claim it.
Regardless, it's just a talking point so take it any way that you like.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Its starting to become a faint memory of when it was actually fun to take the day off work and enjoy the deadline.

I learned my lesson a few years back now that I was pissing away a vacation day to watch the wall-to-wall coverage and get very little out of it. I still do very little at work, but at least getting paid for it. :)

Reactions: Lynk and DanM

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Krieder would cost a pretty penny I imagine, probably our next available 1st rounder++. Dont see the leafs going into back to back drafts without a 1st rounder.

Yeah, I was thinking that as well, back to back with no 1st maybe a long shot.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I would give anything to see us pickup Krider and Gudas today. Both wouldn't require an enormous amount of assets, and both would help our team toughness so much.

As dirty as it sounds, those 2 are the kind of toughness that might actually change how teams deal with us. Getting a ho-hum 3rd line grinder that finishes his checks doesn't matter. Gudas and Kreider are legitimate threats to cross the line and take out your goalie or a forward that actually matters. Those 2 plus Kadri could completely change the tone of a series with one hit.

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
I would give anything to see us pickup Krider and Gudas today. Both wouldn't require an enormous amount of assets, and both would help our team toughness so much.

no to Gudas! i hate that guy. His stupidity will cost you games.

Reactions: DanM

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Jay and dan used to be funny, now they jush try way too f****** hard

Dan was never really funny imo, he'd literally just take the name of a player and attach a movie reference to it. "Brian Elliot, *ET Voice*".

It was better when they just did a regular sportscenter. Now the bullshit skits and them walking to the couch to do other shit no one cares about.

Its boring and frankly a little embarrassing.

Schooner

Sep 19, 2017
Because it's something interesting to talk about on an otherwise boring TDL.
I could post the link but Mods will instantly delete it.
It's been talked about in the entire last thread, with sources. Chris Johnston talked about it on 590 this morning.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
They do a pretty good interview though, I wish they acted like that more often.
Yeah when they aren't acting outrageous they can be good. But 90% of the time it's just tim asking a question setting sid up for a fake outrage moment. It's clearly geared towards getting hits on social media and is aimed at a younger audience.

Reactions: leafsfan5

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I learned my lesson a few years back now that I was pissing away a vacation day to watch the wall-to-wall coverage and get very little out of it. I still do very little at work, but at least getting paid for it. :)

LOL

I am one of the directors at work, but our whole office are hockey fans..... so we are all watching, including my bosses :laugh::laugh:

Very little work being done

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Bob McKenzie says that the Leafs ARE trying to get something done before the deadline, but Moore being called up doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Reactions: Budsfan

CarterD

Dec 20, 2018
Krieder would cost a pretty penny I imagine, probably our next available 1st rounder++. Dont see the leafs going into back to back drafts without a 1st rounder.
Something that I've been kind of intrested in is Kreider + Shattenkirk (NYR retain some caphit as they don't need for a few years) for Zaits + Brown + Nylander/Kap/AJ. Would have to fine tune it a bit obviously but thats a decent framework

The90

Feb 27, 2017
I was thinking Subban actually. I think they reported that he's missing from practice today, too.
we already have enough offense on the back end. Aside from being a righty, I wouldn’t be too pumped on what we’d have to give up vs the return of that. However, that would make the Montreal and Boston rivalries insane

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
As dirty as it sounds, those 2 are the kind of toughness that might actually change how teams deal with us. Getting a ho-hum 3rd line grinder that finishes his checks doesn't matter. Gudas and Kreider are legitimate threats to cross the line and take out your goalie or a forward that actually matters. Those 2 plus Kadri could completely change the tone of a series with one hit.

Yep, and big bodies. I would LOVE to see heads being smashed on the other side for once. Plus Krider is a beauty all around.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
For all this talk about it being an explosive deadline, it's been relatively quiet. Obviously some good players have moved, but to see teams like Vegas, Nashville, Calgary and Washington letting things right down to the wire has me surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad