GDT: Trade Deadline Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Markstrom + Matthias vs Luongo and some salary retained.
I don't get it, but then again....a lot of trade i really don't get today.

This trade
Bryzgalov to MIN
Weaver to MTL
Penner for only a 4th round pick

What a day so far.....and the biggest names are still available

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
MB needs to be all over the Canucks, Edler first and foremost, maybe see about Higgins,

Jamie Thomas

Apr 4, 2003
Don't think anybody saw that coming. Florida just took on a huge contract, even if Vancouver retains some salary. Guess they want to start to compete soon.

Vancouver gets rid of LU huge contract but this is a lot of faith to place in Lack. They are not so far from the playoffs but I don't think they will make it, especially with D. Sedin missing a few weeks.

Funny to see Markstrom leave Florida, a couple years ago he was supposed to be the next big thing in net in the NHL.

PricePkPatch*

Hey guys. Schenn is apparently available in Philadelphia. What would you think?

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
@EJHradek_NHL 1m
To summarize, Schneider & Luongo were traded for a 1st round pick (Bo Horvat), Jacob Markstrom and (reportedly) Shawn Matthias #cantmakeitup

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Don't think anybody saw that coming. Florida just took on a huge contract, even if Vancouver retains some salary. Guess they want to start to compete soon.

Vancouver gets rid of LU huge contract but this is a lot of faith to place in Lack. They are not so far from the playoffs but I don't think they will make it, especially with D. Sedin missing a few weeks.

Funny to see Markstrom leave Florida, a couple years ago he was supposed to be the next big thing in net in the NHL.

The Canucks have retained 15% of Luongo's salary apparently.

dreamingofdrouin*

i cant ****ing believe holmgren made a good trade....how the hell does nobody beat this?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Terrible asset management by the Canucks.

You cannot turn Luongo and Schneider into Markstrom, Matthias and Horvat. That's awful.

PricePkPatch*

For the record, I am not saying Schenn for Markov. But instead that Schenn to the lineup would make up for Markov's departure on the defensive side, and maybe open up a spot to play Beaulieu more.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
@EJHradek_NHL 1m
To summarize, Schneider & Luongo were traded for a 1st round pick (Bo Horvat), Jacob Markstrom and (reportedly) Shawn Matthias #cantmakeitup

Ny ISLANDERS....

VANCOUVER is going down ......get ready for no playoffs for about 3-5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad