Speculation: Trade Deadline Discussion Part VII | T-Minus 7 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
The Canucks are already hamstrung for offense. As nice as our d prospects are, the Canucks can't afford to ship away Kesler for a deal centered around any of them. If they move Kesler - and that's a big "if" - the centerpiece of the deal would need to be a forward (and one with higher upside than Sutter). A patchwork of Sutter + [any of the d prospects] won't do the trick, either.

Remember, for the last 6-7 years, Kesler has been the most important Canuck not named Sedin or Luongo. The guy's also 29, not 36. Sure, he's had a bad run with injuries, but the Canucks aren't just going to sell him off for a middling package like some of you seem to think.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Yeah, if that happens I'll firmly be there.

God, watch Glass get re-signed too.

Wouldn't shock me in the least. If he takes a discount, like 800K, watch him get another 2 year deal. Just thinking about it makes me shudder.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
If the Sutter/Despres Kesler talks are true before the deadline you also gotta remember Martin was healthy at that time, i dunno if Shero would still be willing to trade Despres with Martin out long term.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Great quote, and because it's from McKenzie it actually carries weight. Alright, can we all agree that Sutter isn't a "1B or 2A" center? In other words, we're not getting Kesler. We're not even in the discussion.

Buffalo might want a 1st round pick and a top prospect for Miller but that doesn't mean there going to get it.

I agree hes not a 1 or 2 center, but maybe Sutter is the best they can get.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
If the Sutter/Despres Kesler talks are true before the deadline you also gotta remember Martin was healthy at that time, i dunno if Shero would still be willing to trade Despres with Martin out long term.

Im not sure where the Sutter/Despres package came from except posters on this board speculating

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Nucks would have to believe Sutter can grow into a scoring line role. But if they do, Id move him in a package for Kesler without blinking.

You'd have to be close to contending to make that type of move. Kesler only has a few more years of impact play left in him.

Blues would be highly interested. But their center depth is Sobotka and Berglund. I think Sutter would be more intriguing.

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
Buffalo might want a 1st round pick and a top prospect for Miller but that doesn't mean there going to get it.

Fair enough, but I would contend that if the Canucks don't get "close to asking" on Kesler, they'll keep him. I don't think Sutter is even remotely close enough (and btw, I like Sutter).

Michael8771*

I'd be OK with Sutter+Pouliot for Kesler.
Hmmm. I don't know, Pouliot could very well be an offensive dynamo, defensively however he's a ?. That's risky IMO. I think DP's ceiling is higher than Despres, although I have high hopes for both.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I'm trying to ignore all the Kesler talk because it's only going to get my hopes up and then promptly crushed.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
This rumor of Buffalo wanting a Top Prospect and a # 1 Pick for Steve Ott can be summed as :) :D :laugh: As far as Sutter+Despres for Kesler, I would have to do it if I'm Shero, if Kesler is healthy that is. The loss of Despres would still make me. :cry:

Michael8771*

If we go after Kesler then Undoubtedly we'd have to make another secondary move to bolster the bottom six. They wouldn't trade for Kesler then stick him on the third line, right? I sure hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad