Trade Deadline Discussion Part 4

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
So this is what we did ...basically

Vanek/Weise/Weaver/Dubynuk/ ---------->> Diaz/collberg/2nd

I hope DD can get some time in with Waite as he would be a really nice backup goalie to Price. Think he would be better than Budaj as a backup

Budaj looks better than Dubnyk at this point, hence why he was on waivers and traded for free...

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
So this is what we did ...basically

Vanek/Weise/Weaver/Dubynuk/ ---------->> Diaz/collberg/2nd

I hope DD can get some time in with Waite as he would be a really nice backup goalie to Price. Think he would be better than Budaj as a backup

Budaj has been awesome since being signed by the Habs, I don't think we could have asked for much more in terms of a backup

As for Dubnyuk it's simply insurance for now, nothing more the Oilers and Preds are paying most of his salary anyways

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
Any interest in burrows he can go for cheap

Tinodi + 2nd 2015 should be more then enough

Nitehowl

Jul 28, 2005
BC Canada
Why?

Budaj is an adequate backup.

Yes...but he tends to let in a soft goal or two a game

I just think Dubbie with his size and being a #1 before and with a little help from coach Waite could be a better backup. He is 4 years younger also

You know MOAR big:yo::handclap::handclap::laugh:

pine*

Habs declined 2nd + prospect for Gionta

Heading into the deadline it was suggested here that the Devils try to pry away former Devil and unrestricted free agent to be Brian Gionta from Montreal and it was confirmed to Murph’s Musings on Sunday that did indeed happen.

According to one source close to the negotiations, the Devils offered a prospect and a second round pick but were told the Habs captain wasn’t available as the deadline grew closer even though he was last month before the Canadiens began to play better heading into the Olympic break.

Basically would have been Gionta for Vanek and in the process improving our 2nd round pick...? Would have been a good return for Gio. Wasted opportunity.

:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
1 million percent false. Look at what other forwards went for. Do you really think we'd reject what we paid for Vanek?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
How can you possibly believe a source as bad as this that says the Islanders ate Vanek's salary. We got him because we were the only team offering to take it all. Buffalo are the ones who initially took a small part of Vanek's salary.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
So this assumes that Lou L, Lou L , completely mis- read the market or read it right and was prepared to offer as much as it would take to get Vanek. This also assumes that MB, who apparently was trying to move Gio, would not take a kings ransom offer for this deadline, for Gio.

Don't believe it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad