GDT: Trade Deadline Day - Mod warning post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
We're going to score our way out of this situation? got it.

We'll it's obviously working so far :laugh:
Let's double down on our double down

I think I'd die of a heart attack if this team wasn't run by incompetent fools

This one was supposed to be the "numbers" guy who would manage assets, find inefficiencies and revolutionize the game with his new play style

So much for that theory

Reactions: dubplatepressure

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Well yes
Barrie for a 2nd is always better then barrie for 0

I honestly don't understand how posters can't see this?

He will literally walk away for

ZERO PICKS! LOL

Anything is very much better than nothing.

Reactions: Ratboy

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
It's hard to admit your vision is failing and your trade of our biggest trade chip looks like a gigantic fail

I'm sick of him, he's nothing but an empty suit
Pretty much a mirror of this team
He conference looked like a guy with a 300 lb backpack on. The stress and heat is heavy.
He put his faith in a group that isn’t competing hard.

Reactions: Kiwi

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
This organization is pure garbage.
I will not watch a single game moving forward until the likes of Dubas and Keefe are gone. Heck maybe even Shanahan.

Been a fan since 88. This team doesn’t deserve us as fans. Sure, go ahead and rip me a new one and say how much of a baby I am. I don’t care. Have fun continuing to be duped by this organization that doesn’t give 2 shitz about you.
You do you. I don't attend a single game or buy merch but will watch when I can. If you are letting it stress you out this much, then yes, you can stop.

Reactions: DougGilmour93

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Imagine being a sponsor of this site :laugh: honestly, what do you pay for? This? Absolutely embarrassing, the state of HF, to still not be able to handle deadline day after all these years.
I swear tech support screw it up on purpose. They probably laugh at us everyday.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
He conference looked like a guy with a 300 lb backpack on. The stress and heat is heavy.
He put his faith in a group that isn’t competing hard.

But instead of doing something proactive he let the rot continue

He's just a smooth talking snake oil salesman in way over his head

The management this franchise has had over the years is just unbelievable

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I laugh when people say we have been looking for a RHD for years.

The Canes went out in a few hours period and acquire one LOL

What a day they had and barely gave a thing up.

They got 2 RHD in 2 hours

Skjei and vatanen

Reactions: DanM

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Without knowing exactly what we turned down it's hard to get that pissed off. I think a Stecher+ futures would have been a good balanced move to tweak the roster today while regaining a couple futures without a major roster downgrade. Something a slightly upgraded Vatanen deal (Kuok and one of their higher 2nds) would have moved the needle in terms of future value. But significantly less there would be no point. We're in a dark place but if they can get their heads out of their asses this team (healthy) could do some damage.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
This organization is pure garbage.
I will not watch a single game moving forward until the likes of Dubas and Keefe are gone. Heck maybe even Shanahan.

Yeah right, sure you won't.

Been a fan since 88.

You're still a kid. Many of us have been fans much longer than that.

Sure, go ahead and rip me a new one and say how much of a baby I am.

You're a baby.

I don’t care.

Yes you do. You want everyone to agree with you.

Have fun continuing to be duped by this organization that doesn’t give 2 shitz about you.

The purpose of a business it to please fans?

mcleafs

Jan 2, 2020
Going to be a tough summer for Dubas after we finish with 88 points and miss the playoffs. He's going to have to have an incredible 2020-21 season or he's a lock to be fired after next season.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
I don’t know how everybody else is feeling but every other team ahead of us got better while we stood around looking like a bunch of loser.

I have said this before but if we are lucky enough to make the playoffs we are likely to get smoked in the first round. This is the first time I have been really down on Dubas and I think this years TDL is going to have a severe impact on this team moving forward.

Likely outcome:
Miss playoffs
Give canes pick 10-15
Barrie walks for nothing
Spezza walks for nothing
Clifford walks for nothing

We have 4.5 million in cap space for 2020 with 15 players signed. So it likely means Kerfoot and AJ are also flipped this offseason. Sure the cap is likely to go up another 4 million but we still haven’t addressed our 1st pairing RHD. Basically we are Fu$&ed.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Reactions: Ratboy

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I laugh when people say we have been looking for a RHD for years.

The Canes went out in a few hours period and acquire one LOL

What a day they had and barely gave a thing up.

Actually, they acquired two LHD.

The cost for Skjei was a 2020 1st round pick... and he's really not that great, and signed for four more seasons after this at $5.25 million

The cost for Vatanen was Kuokkanen and a Conditional 4th round pick. He's a pure rental, and struggled this year.

Neither of these players would really help us, and neither are RHD.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005

The cost for Skjei was a 2020 1st round pick... and he's really not that great, and signed for four more seasons after this at $5.25 million

The cost for Vatanen was Kuokkanen and a Conditional 4th round pick. He's a pure rental, and struggled this year.

Vatanen is a RHD

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005

Vatanen wouldn't have helped us? Really?

He's also Right-handed...

Reactions: DanM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad