GDT: Trade Deadline Day discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I asked last night but not sure if it got answered:

If Leafs choose to retain salary on Phaneuf, does it have to be same for all 6 years? Or can it be 50% for first 3 years, and nothing for next 3?

i think it has to be the entire length of the contract, - same amount
it would be nice to have a sliding amount (or rising amount) or something for some teams

Lifeisnice

Apr 23, 2014
Canada

If Leafs choose to retain salary on Phaneuf, does it have to be same for all 6 years? Or can it be 50% for first 3 years, and nothing for next 3?

Has to be uniform for the length of the contract.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto

It's for the remaining of his contract. You either retain for all of the seasons or you don't.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Dreger reported this out of the gate at 8:05AM this morning.

The hang up is one prospects. I bet its Larkin. Or maybe Mantha. But Larkin fits our needs more than any prospect we are dealing with.

I agree with you here. And you're right in your earlier post about Detroit's window with their aging stars ... Leafs should be leaving it on Holland to blink first, need to stand firm on the price given what's transacted this deadline

Okay, apparently Wideman hasn't be traded.

Calgary just messing with the media :laugh:

:laugh: I love it

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

same % for all of the remaining years

doorman

Nov 8, 2012
Thunder Bay
We all need to realize that IF Dion is NOT traded today the world isn't over. He will be dealt that's obvious and here or the draft matter not to me to be honest. Staying firm on what they feel he is worth is the right move. The summer will only bring extra teams in and much like Clarkson, Phaneuf might wave to where he wasn't willing to go before.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
We've known that Toronto is willing to retain salary for a while now.

Not true. Reports were that Toronto wasn't retaining salary and would consider if it means getting a good price. Now reports are coming out that Toronto is willing to take a good portion of Phaneuf's salary.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Jonas Siegel retweeted
Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 2m2 minutes ago
Unless something changes dramatically, Red Wings completely out on Dion Phaneuf. Different philosophies on what the trade would look like.

:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad