GDT: Trade Deadline Day Discussion III

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
my only beef about yesterday was the fact they didn't move Bozak or Lupul. Moving them for almost anything would have freed up either 4.20 or 5.75 or hell both at 9 almost 10 million in cap space

As long as we weren't getting a cap dump in return any prospect or pick would have been ok. It is the cap space I wanted to see freed up.

The cap going down or staying the same will result in some good player needing to move especially in Chicago or Boston or Philly. We could have been in a place to take on say Bickell, Vinny or someone along those lines but then acquired some nice pieces for the rebuild from those teams.

Now we would have to first deal off Bozak, Lupul before we can entertain that scenario. That should have been done yesterday. Not wait for value which there is not on those 2 players.

Stand Pat Nonis should not be in charge.

Kessel and Phaneuf will be the hockey deals to speed up the rebuild not Bozak and Lupul. Get what you can get for them and free up space.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
my only beef about yesterday was the fact they didn't move Bozak or Lupul. Moving them for almost anything would have freed up either 4.20 or 5.75 or hell both at 9 almost 10 million in cap space

As long as we weren't getting a cap dump in return any prospect or pick would have been ok. It is the cap space I wanted to see freed up.

The cap going down or staying the same will result in some good player needing to move especially in Chicago or Boston or Philly. We could have been in a place to take on say Bickell, Vinny or someone along those lines but then acquired some nice pieces for the rebuild from those teams.

Now we would have to first deal off Bozak, Lupul before we can entertain that scenario. That should have been done yesterday. Not wait for value which there is not on those 2 players.

Stand Pat Nonis should not be in charge.

Kessel and Phaneuf will be the hockey deals to speed up the rebuild not Bozak and Lupul. Get what you can get for them and free up space.

There's a better chance of the Leafs moving them for cap space in the offseason than midseason. It's likely that no matter the deal the Leafs will be taking on a similar cap hit though. Giving them up for nothing = wasted asset.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad