GDT: Trade Deadline Day Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
can we give this core a nickname?

they deserve a nickname more than the muskoka 5.

kessel, lupul, phaneuf, bozak and the crew need a nickname.

Reddaye

Nov 1, 2011
New Brunswick
Term contracts are difficult (and seldom) moved at the deadline these days .. Not surprised to see the Leafs not moving them. Disappointed, but I expected a quiet day from them.

Was hoping for a late round pick for one of Jokinen, Booth, and/or Holzer .. Got one of out it so I won't complain.

Next up is the draft .. Phaneuf and Kessel better be moved there, and Bozak/Lupul should be also moved around the off-season

You basically summed up my thoughts on the day Bert.

Come draft time is when my palms will start sweating if some of this rotten core isn't cut away.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 15s15 seconds ago
Last 2 wks has seen Leafs trade Franson, Santorelli, Winnik, Clarkson, Jokinen and acquired Sill and Erixon. Draft week could be fun.

Gee.. Thanks Henny....

Christ...

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
So, all that Nonis was able to get it done was trade pending UFAs in Franson, Winnik, Santorelli and he got a call from Columbus on Clarkson which no GM would ever refuse.

Given the return he got for our UFAs v/s what others got after him tell me that he is nothing special. As I always thought, he is the 2nd worst manager in NHL (to Oilers, which they again proved with Petry trade today).

All in all, Nonis dug this team in a huge hole and am hoping that he is fired in the exit meetings. He overpaid pretty much everyone, gave away NTCs, gave away draft picks, and the result? A bottom 5 team for a salary cap roster.

Fire this clown!

I am basing my opinions not on what did (or rather did not) happen today, but his entire tenure with Leafs, starting with Burke's right hand man.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
All our core pieces will most likely be traded in the offseason or at the draft. We all knew this coming into the deadline and traded all the guys who are UFA.
Why would you think that when none of them were of interest to anybody today? Where was there even a rumour of expressed interest, beside Phaneuf? Nobody got even mentioned. So where is this renewed interest supposed to come from and why? Perhaps, we are just stuck with these bozos.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
For all those that believe that there are better deals to be had in the summer or at the draft, I have a bridge in Brooklyn that might interest you. Great price, too....

Give it up already.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets 15s15 seconds ago
Last 2 wks has seen Leafs trade Franson, Santorelli, Winnik, Clarkson, Jokinen and acquired Sill and Erixon. Draft week could be fun.

Gee.. Thanks Henny....

Christ...

Guy is the biggest brown nose **** smearing ass kisser on the Leafs. It is ****ing annoying

Grapes03

Feb 27, 2012
So, all that Nonis was able to get it done was trade pending UFAs in Franson, Winnik, Santorelli and he got a call from Columbus on Clarkson which no GM would ever refuse.

Given the return he got for our UFAs v/s what others got after him tell me that he is nothing special. As I always thought, he is the 2nd worst manager in NHL (to Oilers, which they again proved with Petry trade today).

All in all, Nonis dug this team in a huge hole and am hoping that he is fired in the exit meetings. He overpaid pretty much everyone, gave away NTCs, gave away draft picks, and the result? A bottom 5 team for a salary cap roster.

Fire this clown!

I am basing my opinions not on what did (or rather did not) happen today, but his entire tenure with Leafs, starting with Burke's right hand man.

I agree. Do it right now. There is no reason to keep him around any longer.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Term contracts are difficult (and seldom) moved at the deadline these days .. Not surprised to see the Leafs not moving them. Disappointed, but I expected a quiet day from them.

Was hoping for a late round pick for one of Jokinen, Booth, and/or Holzer .. Got one of out it so I won't complain.

Next up is the draft .. Phaneuf and Kessel better be moved there, and Bozak/Lupul should be also moved around the off-season

I won't lie, I was expecting at least one of the 'contracts' to be traded. I guess Clarkson is considered one of them so I really can't complain all that much.

They get off the hook for now... but they better get in gear this summer. No excuse. Gotta get rid of most of them.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Trade deadline has become nothing but sitting around watching these guys talk for hours. The odd minor deal trickling in.

JMcLeaf

mpKZg.png

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The good new, the only good news, is the organization is one day closer to being rid of Nonis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad