GDT: Trade Deadline Day Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Craig Custance ‏@CraigCustance 3m3 minutes ago
Unless something changes dramatically, Red Wings completely out on Dion Phaneuf. Different philosophies on what the trade would look like.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Unless something changes dramatically, Red Wings completely out on Dion Phaneuf. Different philosophies on what the trade would look like.

Eh... I'll wait for someone more credible.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site

Yeh, likely Detroit thinks they can get him for nothing and Toronto actually wants good value. Screw Detroit

Ruski

Apr 7, 2009
Toronto
Eklund :naughty: reporting that Polak to Blues is close.

Would be funny if he broke the first leafs trade of the day

Lifeisnice

Apr 23, 2014
Canada
Brendan Smith has great corsi and fenwick numbers, if it makes a difference. Probably the best if he were to become a leaf except for Jake Gardiner.

Might be a popular choice with the Leaf's analytics staff

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Not surpised. We've already seen that Tor wants to make a hockey trade for Phaneuf. Wings probably want a cap dump kinda move.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
I'm fine with DET being out, never liked the look of the rumoured returns anyways. Much more interested in what a team with the prospect pool of Anaheim has to offer.

Falon

May 21, 2004
Kitchener, Ontario
Thank gawd Phaneuf hasn't been traded. Don't take less at the freakin deadline! Wait til the offseason and they won't have to retain a dime.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I don't like the rumoured idea that we would have to take back Weiss and retain. Screw our divisional rivals. I'd rather not play against Phaneuf all the time anyway.

He's overpaid, but not at a Richards/Weiss/Clarkson/Semin level. Dions still a great D, just needs to be insulated with better players. He's just not the horse we tried to make him.

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
Oh.. good question to Rotten Ronnie...

He, of all people, would really know the pains of trying to win with crappy goaltending. :laugh:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm fine with DET being out, never liked the look of the rumoured returns anyways. Much more interested in what a team with the prospect pool of Anaheim has to offer.

Theodore + 1st + dump = okay :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad