Blue Jays Discussion: Trade deadline coming: Jays acquire 3B Valencia from KC for C Kratz, P Hendriks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
The way I see it is you're either in it to win it or your not. You can't be in-between and that's where AA is standing with the team, it's either bring in something to help the team get past or over the hump or trade or start trading off your assets that have value for futures.

For me it's depressing to see other teams improve that are all so close in the standings and your team does nothing. AA could have at least brought in some help for the pen or the bench.

I can see where Jose is coming from they believe the team is a piece or two away from being legit contenders. Management looks like they are on the fence and fumbled the ball on this one imo.

It's not finished yet, but it seems AA seems a bit snake bit and would rather stand pat then make any meaningful upgrades.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
As a player and the figurehead of the team it's your job to know how the fans will perceive things as well.

Well that and to win baseball games. He's always been outspoken so it simply doesn't stick out to me as a sore thumb as it appears to for others. It's not like he's said anything controversial or has thrown a player under the buss. He's passionate, but he hasn't said anything that's out of line in my eyes. That's just me.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Barry Davis @SNBarryDavis
Most #bluejays understand not being able to add an ace, but seeing Prado go to the Yankees is hard to swallow for many of them.
5:37 PM - 31 Jul 2014
:laugh:

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
The amount of pessimism in this thread is ****ing hilarious.

We are 9 games above .500, in a playoff position, about to open a 4 game series against one of the worst teams in baseball, 2.5 games back of the division, with Baltimore having to face a good Angels team and a contending Mariners team in the next 4 games, and 9 head to head match-ups against them left. In addition, 3 of our KEY offensive guys in Encarnacion, Lawrie, and Lind are about to come back. Not to mention that we have a 23 year old stud pitcher who has the 3rd best ERA in the AL among starters, pitching like an ace, and showing Cy Young potential for the future. Oh and a guy who many penciled in as our ace before the season started is going to come back from injury soon too.

Chill the **** out people.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Also, to the "Jays are not a young team" comment

35+
Buehrle
Dickey

30-34
Happ
Janssen
McGowan
Navarro
Johnson
Kawasaki
Reyes
Tolleson
Bautista
Reimold
Encarnacion
Lind
Morrow

25-29
Cecil
Loup
Redmond
Thole
Francisco
Goins
Valencia
Cabrera
Rasmus

<25
Hutchison
Sanchez
Stroman
Gose
Lawrie

Basically half the roster is under 30. and several of the 30-34 guys like Edwin, Lind, Reyes, Janssen, McGowan are all like 30-32. Plus 3 important pieces in the rotation moving forward are all under 25, and our starting 3B is under 25.

There's going to be some turnover among some of the elite playrs soon, but we're not the Yankees, running out a roster of greybeards.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
The way I see it is you're either in it to win it or your not. You can't be in-between and that's where AA is standing with the team, it's either bring in something to help the team get past or over the hump or trade or start trading off your assets that have value for futures.

For me it's depressing to see other teams improve that are all so close in the standings and your team does nothing. AA could have at least brought in some help for the pen or the bench.

I can see where Jose is coming from they believe the team is a piece or two away from being legit contenders. Management looks like they are on the fence and fumbled the ball on this one imo.

It's not finished yet, but it seems AA seems a bit snake bit and would rather stand pat then make any meaningful upgrades.

How are they not in it to win right now? They have been plagued with injuries, and are still surging lately, with key guys about to return and the rotation looking excellent.

mikebel111*

Like AA stood pat. Prices were big judging by the trades.
As for the Jose comments, I love the guy but those comments are uncalled for. If your not happy, than be a man and talk to the GM. These type of things can take the energy out of a club house. If we lose this series, than I blame Jose.

Jose needs to shut up and help the team continue to play good baseball. I better not see a different team than I saw against the Red Sox.

Its funny we could trade the farm for a rental and we miss the playoffs, and posts come "AA ruined the future" when people said to go all out for one year

EastCoastSensFan

Mar 7, 2011
Pictou N.S.
Lets not forget it was AA who went out and made lots of moves just 18 months ago. I didn't see him come out and say you know i put all this effort into making a team and my players come out and play like crap for the whole season (2013).

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Shi Davidi ‏@ShiDavidi 2m
Casey Janssen: Players expected some sort of addition, are disappointed, rivals got better, but #BlueJays must rally together.

Janssen echoes Bautista's sentiments.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Gregor Chisholm ‏@gregorMLB 3m
Safe to say, not a very happy #BlueJays clubhouse right now. "Shocked" and "Disappointed" just a couple of words used to describe deadline.

Shi Davidi ‏@ShiDavidi 3m
Casey Janssen: Players expected some sort of addition, are disappointed, rivals got better, but #BlueJays must rally together.

AA and Rogers did an excellent job killing the morale in the clubhouse.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010

I want Janssen's head on a platter!

:sarcasm:

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Hearing what Jose Bautista says is actually A LOT different. Geez, he goes on to say that you its mixed feelings and you can look at it the other way and that they believe in the club and didn't think they needed to go out and get another player.

Jaysfanatic*

Another baby then. I'm with them on Prado though.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Its funny we could trade the farm for a rental and we miss the playoffs, and posts come "AA ruined the future" when people said to go all out for one year

"People" are made up of individuals. It would probably be the people who are happy that they didn't make any deals that would make those posts in that scenario, not those who were disappointed with the lack of additions.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
I don't think we needed to make a big move today. Like many have said we are getting 3 key offensive players back so there is no need to add a position player. When healthy we have one of the top hitting teams in all of baseball. What we need to is to add an arm, whether it be a starter or reliever that's what we need. After seeing what some of these guys went for today I'm fine with standing pat.
If Sanchez can keep up his form then that's an addition to the bullpen right there. Morrow is still a little ways away but he will probably go to the bullpen when he comes back and he will be an addition to the bullpen.
I think AA just wants to wait and see if this team can stay in the race through August and if we do then we'll see a move for an arm.

mikebel111*

Gregor Chisholm ‏@gregorMLB 3m
Safe to say, not a very happy #BlueJays clubhouse right now. "Shocked" and "Disappointed" just a couple of words used to describe deadline.

Shi Davidi ‏@ShiDavidi 3m

AA and Rogers did an excellent job killing the morale in the clubhouse.

Lol. If not adding is going to kill the morale of a club house, than we have some immature players and dont deserve to win
Players need to perform. Not AA's fault he didn't want to risk the future

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Jeff Blair is mouth breathing some dumb stuff like how Jays minor league system isn't good and didn't have enough to acquire a David Price.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Hahahahaha all you clowns trying to defend AA. LOL. HAHAH. Didn't realize so many rogers employees were on HFBoards

TaO507V.gif

We are clowns because we understand there are two sides to this entire scenario?

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
Lol. If not adding is going to kill the morale of a club house, than we have some immature players and dont deserve to win
Players need to perform. Not AA's fault he didn't want to risk the future

He was willing to trade 2 of our top 5 prospects for a 38 year old knuckleballer though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad