Blue Jays Discussion: Trade deadline coming: Jays acquire 3B Valencia from KC for C Kratz, P Hendriks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Just trade Bautista and EE at this point. Both are worth premium position player prospects now. Keep the pitching staff in tact.

Gary-Coleman-wtf.gif

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
I look forward to seeing this thread in 2 weeks when the Jays sit 2 games up on Baltimore for the division lead. I wonder what they'll find to complain about then...

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
If Joey is complaining about lack of moves, he is basically telling his teammates that they aren't good enough. Hate this mentality, and even though he may have tried to hedge his comments, he should know this is the message that will turn into headlines.
If I am GM (and thankfully I'm not) I rip him for this then look to trade him in the offseason. Joey you are not the GM, believe in your team, go out, swing your bat and shut the yap.

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
And there were no good trades out there so he didn't make one. Do you expect him to pull a good trade out of his ass?

Other teams aren't going to give their good players for nothing, there's got to be a give and take and obviously what AA thought was a good deal the other GM's didn't see that as a god deal for their team and vice versa.

So you options are either overpay(a la Dickey trade) or do nothing. And half the people here have complained about both those things now

I guess it comes down to how much confidence you have in AA. I absolutely don't. Most posters here do. When He says that there were no good deals available, you believe him. I am skeptical.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
If Joey is complaining about lack of moves, he is basically telling his teammates that they aren't good enough. Hate this mentality, and even though he may have tried to hedge his comments, he should know this is the message that will turn into headlines.
If I am GM (and thankfully I'm not) I rip him for this then look to trade him in the offseason. Joey you are not the GM, believe in your team, go out, swing your bat and shut the yap.

They're going to walk based by their comments today. So trade their *****. Jays need premium position player prospects, they can get them by dealing whiny Jose.

laughing-gif.10714

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad