Blue Jays Discussion: Trade deadline: Aug 31 (no, not that one. The other one. The waiver one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Dermody, Greene, Mayza, Jansen, McBroom, and Alford will be going to the Arizona Fall League

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
They did, then injuries happened.

I know. I'm not saying it was a bad strategy, but I love that the one area they focused on in the offseason is the spot they can't seem to solve no matter what they do.

It's Boston. I enjoy when things go wrong for them.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
ic_c3a373dfaf22553996440877083574d5.jpg

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Having the O's 4 games back at this point in the year is huge, with only one more 3 game head to head series. If the Jays can pick up another game or two over the weekend on them would really make the AL East a two horse race between the Jays-Red Sox down the stretch.

Also interesting to note the Red Sox and O's have 7 more head to head games left .. Hopefully they go back and forth and have a 3-4 split in those games, so the Jays just have to take care of their own games to stay ahead.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Having the O's 4 games back at this point in the year is huge, with only one more 3 game head to head series. If the Jays can pick up another game or two over the weekend on them would really make the AL East a two horse race between the Jays-Red Sox down the stretch.

Also interesting to note the Red Sox and O's have 7 more head to head games left .. Hopefully they go back and forth and have a 3-4 split in those games, so the Jays just have to take care of their own games to stay ahead.

Obviously not over by any means, but it's a great feeling knowing we're one step closer to only having to worry about one team rather than two. Just keep winning, baby. The rest will take care of itself!

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Obviously not over by any means, but it's a great feeling knowing we're one step closer to only having to worry about one team rather than two. Just keep winning, baby. The rest will take care of itself!

Pretty much. Can't rely on other teams do you the work for you ... Just keep looking to take 2/3 of each series and go from there.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Dermody is 1 September callup

I didn't realize how good his numbers have been this year. He's not on the 40 man so he'll need to be added

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
don't know much about their manager but every time I see him he is acting like a wrestling heel

still remember after the brawl with bautista he was posing for the crowd like he just won the WWE Intercontinental Championship

I hate Texas for the same reason I hate Kansas City. The last few years, BOTH TEAMS have decided to act like entitled **********.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I've never even heard of him

But didn't you hear of him 11 hours ago when I made this post :sarcasm:

Dermody, Greene, Mayza, Jansen, McBroom, and Alford will be going to the Arizona Fall League

Seriously though I knew who he was, but haven't really followed him and didn't know he was pitching this well so it's a surprise to me.

Also surprising that we've only heard his name, and none others and none of the normal guys have said anything. Maybe he was told and it leaked out through that end somehow.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
What's more favorable between BOS/DET and BOS/BAL?

BOS/BAL.

Detroit should scare a lot of contending teams. They've got a lot of good hitters and decent pitching since Verlander's return to form. Their top 6 is formidable: Maybin, Kinsler, Castellanos (once he returns from injury), VMart, Cabrera and JD Martinez.

If they make it in they are prime for an upset (or three). If they had a experienced and quality third starter they'd be downright scary. Thank god they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad