Speculation: Trade Deadline 2022 - Part II

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
A deal would look better if Faksa rather than Gurianov was going to Vancouver.

Nothing along any of this will even happen so no need to get fired up; if anything the Canucks won tonight and making this wild card race… well a race.

If you're able to dump Faksa in the deal ... I think I'd prefer Petry. You might have a unique window to trade him to Montreal. Faksa only has a NTC for 5 teams, and I highly doubt July 1st of last year he put a playoff team like Montreal on that NTC. There would understandably be a much larger chance they made it on the NTC this July.

It's conceivable there is a different way to trade Faksa for sure, but Petry is a more palatable defender overall than Myers, and he becomes an even more realistic option for Dallas if you can dump some contracts as well. The cost probably goes up if you add Khudobin and Faksa, but it honestly could be quite beneficial for the next 3 years.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
This is what the money would look like being able to dump Faksa in a deal with Petry. You'd likely have around $1 million more in cap space next season, and you could probably expect $2 to $3 million in cap space the following year. I just left the Upper Limit at this year's number rather than assume what it might be.

There's also virtually no chance that Dallas will have 6 ELCs or depth forwards in 2 years, but I wanted to include a full roster with cap hits. For example, Dellandrea and Damiani will both be RFAs as well like Peterson and Hintz. If nothing changes, they'll probably come in under $1 million. I would expect at least 1 of them to carve out a bigger role next year, and it wouldn't be impossible to imagine both of them doing that. Depending on what level of success they have, that could push them into the $1.5 to under $3 million range potentially. To get to that $3 million range, you're probably talking a 20 goal season or borderline Top 6 production which probably isn't likely but also not impossible. Peterson probably is already on track for around $2 million if he can maintain this level of production with bigger minutes next season.

It also shows though why the idea that you could remove Gurianov and Khudobin while adding Dickinson and Myers wouldn't work financially. It would require subsequent moves further cutting salary while eliminating the ability to have a Top 9 scoring option. It makes the team worse not better.

Attachments

• Petry In Faksa Khudobin Out.JPG
    Petry In Faksa Khudobin Out.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Reactions: LT

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Even if you can't move Faksa, the better option I think still would probably be a free agent. Maybe a guy like Lyubushkin. You're not going to get a perfect situation here, but essentially, another addition like Hakanpaa even if the salary approaches or goes over $2 million. That would also potentially include a trade option like Holl.

It would cost significantly more in assets because you'd likely have to pay someone to take Faksa as well, but Philadelphia apparently is considering moving one of Sanheim or Provorov. There will be other names that aren't publically known yet as well. Obviously, the one many of you have talked about that's included in this is Chychrun. There are always some surprise available players in the summer.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Cap is going up to 82.5 for next season. Someone said it looks like it'll be million dollar increases for the next few seasons.

Just being cautious, but the $1 million increase was reported prior to CA locking fans out, and some of the media mentioned it could have an impact when that happened. I still assume that it probably does go up a $1 million, but I just left it off until we know the actual number. It doesn't have a dramatic impact on the cap situation though.

Reactions: Dallasman

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Cap is going up to 82.5 for next season. Someone said it looks like it'll be million dollar increases for the next few seasons.

Timing is kind of funny, but TSN last night brought up that it's looking like it will still be $1 million. Chris Johnston even mentioned those fears about COVID rescheduling and the Canada lockouts to fans, but it doesn't appear to have knocked them off track for that going up.

Probably should just go ahead and bump it up and not be so cautious.

Reactions: Dallasman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad