Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk XLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
Alex Wennberg is the hill you're going to die on? Really? I don't even like Reinhart, but if you're making me pick the better hockey player it's Reinhart 15 times out of 10 and I don't think there's a lot of room to debate that.

Please do go on. I'd like to see some actual statistics this time too. By the way, both are under 50% on faceoffs, not just one of them.
"15 times out of 10" lol. Had to go dust off the old college statistics book. Things do change ya know. Good stuff.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Necas had over 40 pts this year, and has a cap hit of 830K. Don't think we are going to get him for Dumba and his 6M cap hit without a whole lot more thrown in from us.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Alex Wennberg is the hill you're going to die on? Really? I don't even like Reinhart, but if you're making me pick the better hockey player it's Reinhart 15 times out of 10 and I don't think there's a lot of room to debate that.

Please do go on. I'd like to see some actual statistics this time too. By the way, both are under 50% on faceoffs, not just one of them.
Those are all statistics bud. 1 min of looking. Sub par 50%, it's actually 46.1% damn that huge 3.9% miss!

I never even brought up Wennberg. You replied to someone else that did. Keep your narrative straight bro.

Speaking of narrative Reinhart was the hill you have been willing to die on. Multiple times through out the season. A soon to be RFA winger with a career 38% face off percentage and throw him in as our last hope. Gut the prospect and asset pool to do so.

If you are going to present yourself as a knowledgeable or even respectable sleuth. Atleast take the time to die on a hill that will actually benefit our need.

A center. Just a bonus we could do it with out giving something. I'd love to hear your plan B if you can't nail down your winger.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Those are all statistics bud. 1 min of looking. Sub par 50%, it's actually 46.1% damn that huge 3.9% miss!

I never even brought up Wennberg. You replied to someone else that did. Keep your narrative straight bro.

Speaking of narrative Reinhart was the hill you have been willing to die on. Multiple times through out the season. A soon to be RFA winger with a career 38% face off percentage and throw him in as our last hope. Gut the prospect and asset pool to do so.

If you are going to present yourself as a knowledgeable or even respectable sleuth. Atleast take the time to die on a hill that will actually benefit our need.

A center. Just a bonus we could do it with out giving something. I'd love to hear your plan B if you can't nail down your winger.

You clearly have the wrong guy.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
This route also means potentially not adding a center this summer like Reinhart, Monahan, Danault. Not making any "drastic" moves, or overreacting to any bad or good seasons. Staying the "build the core for 3-4 years from now" course, and passing on guys that don't fit that window, or moving guys for pieces that do.

Because you've outlined what could be a decent core, but your timeline is more where the window begins, not the middle of it.
@AKL 5 mins 7 days ago. I have the guy.

I'm done here.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
@AKL 5 mins 7 days ago. I have the guy.

I'm done here.

If you think that post is me dying on the Reinhart hill and willing to "gut the prospect pool" to do so, you have bigger issues to worry about. Especially since this was my very next post in that conversation:

I'm not in as much of a hurry as some people are. I would be totally okay with biding our time for three years, building through the draft, and trying to find deals where we acquire younger guys in exchange for our older guys.

I am infinitely more okay with going into next year with very minimal roster changes as opposed to trading firsts, seconds, prospects for 26-30 year old players. Until we have a young 1C on this roster, we're basically treading water. Continuing to bring in stopgaps in an attempt to be competitive will only hinder our ability to find that.

So how you manage to come to the conclusion that I want to gut the prospect pool for Reinhart is a mystery I may never be able to solve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad