Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - LIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
What's interesting about Fiala was the report from Canuck's beat writer a couple of months ago who said Guerin tried to include him in a trade for Miller. So this probably means Fiala is on the trade block.

But the ugly negotiation stuff that happened last year will hurt him. I'd say Fiala is a cocky guy who wants more money than he's worth, and GM's don't like that kind of personality. Fiala also has some games where he really stinks, driving the coach crazy. I hoped he would get over that, but inconsistency keeps following him.

Still a keeper for the right price, but based on the cap situation it's okay to let him go.
dumba was in trade rumors for years and just got the a. trade rumors dont mean too much.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I would love to see roster that includes both Fiala and Dumba and Zuccarello next year. Can you do a roster with cap hits?

Kap - Hartman - Zucc ($16.7M)
Boldy - Rossi - X ($1.8M)
Foligno - Ek - Duhaime ($9.1M)
Beckman - Gaudreau - X ($2.1M)

Brodin - Dumba ($12M)
Kulikov - Spurgeon ($9.8M)
Merrill - Addison ($2M)

Talbot ($3.7M)
X

Dead Cap: $12.7M
Total Cap: $69.9M
2022-2023 Cap: $82.5M
Remaining: $12.6M

$12.6M for Fiala, Kahkonen, 4th line FWD, and an extra skater. Seems doable

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I would love to see roster that includes both Fiala and Dumba and Zuccarello next year. Can you do a roster with cap hits?
Zuccarello(6)-Hartman(1.7)-Kaprizov(9) = 16.7m
2LW*-Eriksson Ek (5.25)-Foligno(3.1) = 8.35m*
Boldy(.925)-Gaudreau(1.2)-3RW* = 2.125m
Dewar(.9)-Sturm(.8)-Duhaime(.75) = 2.45m
X1*
X2*

Brodin(6)-Dumba(6) = 12m
Kulikov(2.25)-Spurgeon(7.6) = 9.85m
Merrill(1.2)-Addison(.91) = 2.11m
X3*

Talbot (3.7)
G2*

Cap Hits: $57.285m
Dead Cap: $12.742
Total Cap: $70.027m
Cap Space: $12.473m

Positions needed: 2nd line wing (Fiala), 3rd line wing (Greenway), three extra skaters and a back up goaltender (yuge Kahk).

Basically, it's possible if you get Fiala around $6m and the rest at $1m or less.

Reactions: Spurgeon

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
If we can swindle some team into giving us a late 1st for Greenway at the deadline we should take that deal and run with it. We wouldn't trade a first for Greenway but somebody looking for size and grit for the playoffs might.

I wouldn't care that it would technically make us sellers at the deadline, Duhaime can have his job.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
does he actually play C? honestly i have paid him zero attention and i know numbers can be scewed. if we can simply slide him between kap and zucc then hartman between boldy and fiala we could have quite the offensive lineup.
Can still play C, just like Giroux. That would give us two really good offensive lines, one really good two way line, and a good defensive 4th line. Either of those two additions would help out our PP a lot , too. Every time I see Gaudreau and Greenway out there on the PP I die a little.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I don’t dislike Pavelski, but the team is very speed based currently and Joe is the exact opposite of that. Not sure he would really fit in well with the system and play style.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
I still think the problem for the Wild is defensively. We score a pile of goals.

Any upgrades available on D?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
What about Ben Meyers as a college UFA? Is he a center or wing at the NHL level?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don’t dislike Pavelski, but the team is very speed based currently and Joe is the exact opposite of that. Not sure he would really fit in well with the system and play style.

Hintz and Robertson are pretty speedy.

What about Ben Meyers as a college UFA? Is he a center or wing at the NHL level?

I think the first question is, is he AHL or NHL level?

I still think the problem for the Wild is defensively. We score a pile of goals.

Any upgrades available on D?

Yep. Two of them are in the press box at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don’t watch a lot of Dallas but I have heard the exact opposite regarding Robertson, his IQ overcomes his poor skating speed is the narrative I have seen at least on this site.
Yeah, the knock on Robertson was always his skating. I always liked him...is IQ was obvious. Pavelski is a super smart, competitive player, and would be a nice short term add for the team. The upgrade of him over any of our C's on the PP would be considerable, nvm Gaudreau.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Hertl isn't fast either

I'm fine with whichever of Giroux/Pavelski/Hertl that cost the least

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad