Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - LII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Not really; he was moved up and down the lineup, though DeBrincat and him were teammates.

If he was talented enough, they would have put him in the lineup. At least Strome has more games on Pitlick.

And you want to trade the farm for Eichel...

Strome is the type of player that Minnesota should look at. Chicago is dysfunctional and are having issues. Everyone was writing off Bennett...

When did i say that? My proposals have been players that wont be on this roster next year probably, and 1 prospect and pick.

and strome cant sniff eichels jock when it comes to talent

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
When did i say that? My proposals have been players that wont be on this roster next year probably, and 1 prospect and pick.

and strome cant sniff eichels jock when it comes to talent

Because to fit in Eichel, this team is going to probably have to let go of Fiala, Zuccarello and Dumba. Not to mention Boldy/Rossi and a 1st round pick. I don't know where you come from, but that's a lot for one player and it'll make the team pretty top heavy as well.

Broken Eichel or regular Eichel? And no one is expecting Strome to be Eichel, but I rather take the risk of Strome not working out, then Eichel.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Because to fit in Eichel, this team is going to probably have to let go of Fiala, Zuccarello and Dumba. Not to mention Boldy/Rossi and a 1st round pick. I don't know where you come from, but that's a lot for one player and it'll make the team pretty top heavy as well.

Broken Eichel or regular Eichel? And no one is expecting Strome to be Eichel, but I rather take the risk of Strome not working out, then Eichel.
why would fiala zucc and dumba have to go? just curious as any 2 of them clears the 10m cap hit that eichel brings with him.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN

fiala is gone anyways, and so is greenway most likely. and you think we have to get rid of 17 million in cap to fit a 10 million dollar player?! Rask is coming off the books, as is goligoskis 5mil contract. If im giving up ANY assets, its going to be for the best return possible. and currently, the best available player is eichel.

Last edited by a moderator:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
why would fiala zucc and dumba have to go? just curious as any 2 of them clears the 10m cap hit that eichel brings with him.

Fiala, Greenway, Sturm, Goligoski, Kahkonen will all need contracts after this season; Dumba, Boldy, Talbot, a year after that.

As it stands, next season Minnesota will only have 12 players and have a cap space of 15 million.

Zuccarello - Eichel - Kaprizov
Foligno - Eriksson-Ek - Hartman
??? - Rossi - Gaudreau
??? - ??? - ???

Brodin - Spurgeon
Dumba - Kulikov

Talbot

So, you have 5 million to get a backup goaltender, 3 defensemen and 4 forwards.

The year after that gets much tighter...

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Fiala, Greenway, Sturm, Goligoski, Kahkonen will all need contracts after this season; Dumba, Boldy, Talbot, a year after that.

As it stands, next season Minnesota will only have 12 players and have a cap space of 15 million.

Boldy @ .880 - Rossi - Gaudreau
Duhaime @ .750 - Sturm @ 1m - Dewar @.825

Brodin - Spurgeon
Dumba - Kulikov
Orourke @.886 - Addison @.795

Talbot
Jones @ .825

The edits above put us .961 m over the cap. Kulikov has a 2.250m cap hit that could go away for lambos at .925 or mermis at .750 even.

that doesnt include Sturm possibly being replaced.

??? - Rossi - Gaudreau
??? - ??? - ???

Brodin - Spurgeon
Dumba - Kulikov

Talbot

also for that year after thats "tighter", dumbas 6 mil comes off the books and zucc can be traded. thats 12m potentially freed up.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
well played, was looking at first year problems not all 4, however both dont have to come off the books and i did mention 2 of the 3 would have to go.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
The edits above put us .961 m over the cap. Kulikov has a 2.250m cap hit that could go away for lambos at .925 or mermis at .750 even.

that doesnt include Sturm possibly being replaced.
Your lineup has 7 rookies/AHL players, is missing 3 players, and is still $1M over the cap. You're not even close

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
with keeping zucc and letting dumba walk, we sit at 14m in cap with 2 d spots, 5 forwards and 2 goalies to sign in 23-24.

Foligno - Eriksson-Ek- Hartman

Spurgeon - Brodin

Projected cap hit of 63 million, meaning 18 million to fill out: 6 forward spots, 4 defensive spots and 2 goaltending spots.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Foligno - Eriksson-Ek- Hartman

Spurgeon - Brodin

Projected cap hit of 63 million, meaning 18 million to fill out: 6 forward spots, 4 defensive spots and 2 goaltending spots.
So you're saying they'll need a goalie who's willing to play for free? My day has come.

Honestly, the more of these I see with Eichel in them, the less comfortable I am trading for him, and I was already not comfortable with Buffalo's asking price. The Wild are just not in the right position to be able to take a guy with that big of a contract on, even if he was fully healthy and wouldn't cost them good prospects. But you add that in, and it's just no bueno. I'm all for continuing the slow rebuild. We're going to need the best cost-controlled players we can have over the next 4 years, so trading them now for an expensive player doesn't make any sense.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Eichel didn’t play most of the year last year and they were the worst team in the league by far. I don’t think a handful of games by the team says much about him.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Eichel didn’t play most of the year last year and they were the worst team in the league by far. I don’t think a handful of games by the team says much about him.

I think BUF finally got a coach (Granoto) that gives them an identity and will use what he has, instead of trying to make them something they aren't. They'll still end up near bottom of the league, but will be a more interesting team to watch.

That 18 game losing streak last year was brutal. The team just gave up and went though the motions during games.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Cut? you really don't understand how any of this works, huh?
sorry my wording was poor, move kulikov. does that please your ego? we would be very rookie heavy and reliant on young players to step up. is it ugly to start? yes which as been mentioned, however it could blossom into beauty rather quickly.

Reactions: P10p

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Not passing judgement on the idea one way or the other but there is nothing in the entire history of this team that suggests anyone who has ever had responsibility for decisions is willing to rely on rookies and young players.....even when they should have. We are far more likely to get a roster of replacement level vets than young guys.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
sorry my wording was poor, move kulikov. does that please your ego? we would be very rookie heavy and reliant on young players to step up. is it ugly to start? yes which as been mentioned, however it could blossom into beauty rather quickly.
"Moving" Kulikov still doesn't get your roster anywhere near realistic.

There are a handful of posters in this thread that have taken the time to actually run the numbers and put in the effort to understand the cap situation for not only now but for multiple years into the future. When you post the nonsense that you do without more than a minutes worth of thought put into it, that's really disrespectful to those guys.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
"Moving" Kulikov still doesn't get your roster anywhere near realistic.

There are a handful of posters in this thread that have taken the time to actually run the numbers and put in the effort to understand the cap situation for not only now but for multiple years into the future. When you post the nonsense that you do without more than a minutes worth of thought put into it, that's really disrespectful to those guys.

hes not entirely wrong though, You CAN fit eichel on this roster through the buyout years. But it would require alot of moving pieces, alot of rookies, and the roster wont look anything like it does now. Whether a person likes that idea or not is up to them. I for one have wanted a complete roster shakeup for about 10 years now. So its not hard to see where i stand on it.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
hes not entirely wrong though, You CAN fit eichel on this roster through the buyout years. But it would require alot of moving pieces, alot of rookies, and the roster wont look anything like it does now. Whether a person likes that idea or not is up to them. I for one have wanted a complete roster shakeup for about 10 years now. So its not hard to see where i stand on it.
His roster plan is entirely wrong. Being able to fit Eichel onto this roster is a completely different conversation.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I for one have wanted a complete roster shakeup for about 10 years now.

Fenton did that, but what done is done:

Koivu should have never been re-signed years ago is where we stand (after his 6 year contract). That was the first mistake. But this team is remarkably different than the team we had.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Fenton did that, but what done is done:

Koivu should have never been re-signed years ago is where we stand (after his 6 year contract). That was the first mistake. But this team is remarkably different than the team we had.

fenton halfway did that, and he did it wrong.

im talking big time shakeup.

like 75% of the roster

i agree on koivu, he shouldve never been resigned. especially at that contract.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
A team with Eichel, Kaprizov, the buyouts, and 8 or 9 ELCs is overwhelmingly likely not a contender over the next 3-4 years. And then we get the pleasure of getting to make UFA decisions on both of them at 28/29 years old.

Reactions: AKL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad