Trade and FA Rumours 2022/23 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Me as a GM I wouldn't do it. I would offer up anything else outside Hughes and Nemec. I think if the offer was Vanacek+Hotlz + draft pick the deal would get done.

I think they might seriously be revisiting opening up talks with him as the season progresses
If NJD is offering a goalie they want to cap dump... a 3 goal scorer and likely a 25-30th pick... you take THAT for a consistent Vezina goalie?

That's basically Roslovic, Appleton and Mason for Helle haha

I could see deals in place over the season for Scheif and Helle at TD - especially if Hamilton gets 'injured' right before TD until the last game of the season haha - East is going to be another gong show at TD

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
If NJD is offering a goalie they want to cap dump... a 3 goal scorer and likely a 25-30th pick... you take THAT for a consistent Vezina goalie?

That's basically Roslovic, Appleton and Mason for Helle haha

I could see deals in place over the season for Scheif and Helle at TD - especially if Hamilton gets 'injured' right before TD until the last game of the season haha - East is going to be another gong show at TD

Thats why I think you just hold on to him and evaluate as the season goes or sign him

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Did you start the rumor on twitter because I believe I seen several Winnipeg guys report it back :D
Hard to know where rumours start on social media, but I'll definitely take credit if it transpires.

I do think Compher would be a good fit with the Jets, especially if hey keep Scheifele. They need a more defensively focused C to play with Connor, and more defensively focused wingers for Scheifele.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Say we get Compher and Mark stays:

Conner Scheifele Ehlers
Iafallo Perfetti Vilardi
Nino Lowry Compher
Barron Kupri Appelton

A pretty solos and deep forward core.
If we're going for a guy like Compher and play him on the wing, why not grab Garland who produces more and only has 3 years and could be had for free? I mean Garland isn't the best 2 way guy by any means, but I still think I'd rather a free Garland for 3 years under 5 million opposed to a longer term and more money Compher.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015

Conner Scheifele Ehlers
Iafallo Perfetti Vilardi
Nino Lowry Compher
Barron Kupri Appelton

If they go that way, I would like to see Valardi and Samberg signed long term.

Something like..
Valardi: 5.5 x 6 years
Samberg: 4.5 x 7 years

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
If we're going for a guy like Compher and play him on the wing, why not grab Garland who produces more and only has 3 years and could be had for free? I mean Garland isn't the best 2 way guy by any means, but I still think I'd rather a free Garland for 3 years under 5 million opposed to a longer term and more money Compher.

People just don't want any part of him for some reason which I find odd so so something is off there

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

Conner Scheifele Ehlers
Iafallo Perfetti Vilardi
Nino Lowry Compher
Barron Kupri Appelton

So you're signing a UFA Center with 50pts just to move him to our checking line so Perfetti can be 2C... and then playing the other two Centers we just traded for as Perfetti's wingers - make it stop haha

Just teasing...

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Hasn't he mostly been a wing at the NHL?

But yeah I'd be fine getting Garland for nothing. I really don't want Compher in the top 6 unless there sre injuries. There is a reason the Aves are willing to move on and haven't used him there.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Conner Scheifele Ehlers
Iafallo Perfetti Vilardi
Nino Lowry Compher
Barron Kupri Appelton

Separate Connor and Scheifele and I'm good.

Jets had Morrissey and Scheifele together for the end-of-season interviews, FWIW.

1688147537966.png

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Nemec can be moved if Doug Hamilton is your other option. It would take a lot... but Helle is a lot.

A better question is what goalie other than Helle makes sense for NJD to run with during their cup window - which is now. I'm not seeing anyone out there... unless they gamble on Schmid and say Broissoit - which is not a bad plan either.
They could go cheaper with Swayman or Logan Thompson, they could trade a mountain for Saros, go FA route for a guy like Korpisalo, even look at Carter Hart...

Or they could even kick the can down the road and address it at the deadline.

The Nemec thing is wishful thinking for us, I'm afraid.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Separate Connor and Scheifele and I'm good.

Jets had Morrissey and Scheifele together for the end-of-season interviews, FWIW.

View attachment 724246

Yeah the two are friends and train a lot together in the offseason so it doesn't surprise me that they where doing the media thing together.

I'm good if they keep Mark but we need the right roster support pieces.

I'm curious if Ehlers gets moved sooner then later as his play style doesn't seem to fit what they are building.

Wouldn't shock me if they trybto revist him for a top RD like Pesce.

Reactions: Gabe Kupari

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Chevy seems to have other ideas. LA fans also say Vilardi is much better on RW.
I was listening to Sam Cosentino yesterday and they asked who would be the a better centerman and he listed Vilardi, Kupari and than Perfetti in that order. He also had his doubts about Perfetti playing center right now maybe in the future.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Agreed. Teams giving away similar quality, lower termed players for free. good quality players are being bought out (assuming they sign cheap shorter term deals thereafter) and ppl want to spend a ufa deal on jt compher.

Jt Compher and his contract will be one of those players given away for nothing in a few years imo

If the Avs are letting him walk and getting like Colton or johansen to replace him. I'd say stay away at his next $-value :laugh:

Reactions: Huffer

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I was listening to Sam Cosentino yesterday and they asked who would be the a better centerman and he listed Vilardi, Kupari and than Perfetti in that order. He also had his doubts about Perfetti playing center right now maybe in the future.

He's free to his opinion but he has no say or information on how the Jets plan on operating.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Yeah the two are friends and train a lot together in the offseason so it doesn't surprise me that they where doing the media thing together.

I'm good if they keep Mark but we need the right roster support pieces.

I'm curious if Ehlers gets moved sooner then later as his play style doesn't seem to fit what they are building.

Wouldn't shock me if they trybto revist him for a top RD like Pesce.

I don't think nik is in play at all. Not a chance. I've wondered what you could get for KC tho. I think you get a 1 rhd in return there easily maybe plus depending on who and what team. Problem with trading for an rhd is you gotta move one too

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
People just don't want any part of him for some reason which I find odd so so something is off there
That is something to think about for sure. But we could replace Garland with another player that a team needs to move for salary reasons. I'm not seeing how paying term and $ for a UFA is a better play than trying to use cap space as a tool to get someone who may even be better, but not only better, but at likely a cheaper $ and term and likely for nothing in assets to acquire.
Hasn't he mostly been a wing at the NHL?

But yeah I'd be fine getting Garland for nothing. I really don't want Compher in the top 6 unless there sre injuries. There is a reason the Aves are willing to move on and haven't used him there.
Compher? I'm not 100% sure his split between C and W to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad