Tradable Flyers at the deadline

toughfighter83*

i think we should wait until march or april to make a deal to see who's not shooting and get rid of him for a shooting good defensemen because the rangers have all the great offense players and they arent doing squat. the rangers should have got a defensemen instead of nash, the back end is more important than front.

FlyingHigh28*

No to OV. We would be reversing all that we did in the summer of 2011. Now Carlson on the other hand...

edit: I would actually bet that Mike Green is the target for Homer. Not interested either.

Hypothetically, if we were to do poorly this season and end up with a top 10 pick and we draft a top-notch defensive prospect, I might be interested in trading for OV.

If the Caps eat 1-1.5M of his cap hit, I'd put together a pretty nice package for OV.

I suggested Both Schenns + Voracek for Ovechkin + Orlov + Caps eat 1.5M and it went over decently with the few Caps fans who aren't 100% against trading Ovi. I'd look at it like us trading Richards+ for Ovi (which is fine) and then us swapping a 2nd pairing shutdown D for a 2nd pairing PMD to fit our needs.

If the price was much higher than that though, I'm not interested. If we were to trade for Ovi, it's to take the chance that he returns to form playing w/ G and with no pressure of being a locker-room leader (he definitely wouldn't be wearing the C or A here). And since we're taking a chance and he's got a massive cap hit, there needs to be a discount there.

ninetynine*

Feds and Knuble are at most 5th round. They really dont provide much. Talbot is one of those guys who fetch a 3rd and maybe a decent prospect.

At this point I'd say maybe a 3rd OR a somewhat okay prospect.

ninetynine*

Ovechkin's still a great player, but relatively speaking he's been a flash in the pan after his first 5 years and he's no longer worth 9.5M or what the Caps want for him. Backstrom who he plays with is also an underrated centre. Moving on.

FlyersFanz

aut viam inveniam au
Jan 26, 2010
BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Under almost no circumstances would I trade Coburn.

He's great every year in the playoffs.

Tradable for me would be Timonen, Briere, Fedotenko, and Knuble.

Doubt we get much for the last 2

I agree, Coburn learned from the best (Pronger) and he's starting to play like Pronger so why get rid of a great D man.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Sometimes I wonder if our own media guys are like ABC and Barack Obama...too embedded to actually report news. (this isn't a political rant so please dont take it as that)

But Eklund...believe it or not, was actually the first person to break the Timo signing on Twitter - by which case Sam and the others immediately reply saying that Homer said there was nothing to report. Either they don't get much scoop or they are too embedded in the team to actually report on things.

Unfortunately, as fans it puts you in a tough predicament - these are the guys who are on the shows, write the columns, etc - the "credible" ones and they often discredit other sources. It's kind of frustrating actually.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Sometimes I wonder if our own media guys are like ABC and Barack Obama...too embedded to actually report news. (this isn't a political rant so please dont take it as that)

But Eklund...believe it or not, was actually the first person to break the Timo signing on Twitter - by which case Sam and the others immediately reply saying that Homer said there was nothing to report. Either they don't get much scoop or they are too embedded in the team to actually report on things.

Unfortunately, as fans it puts you in a tough predicament - these are the guys who are on the shows, write the columns, etc - the "credible" ones and they often discredit other sources. It's kind of frustrating actually.

This is one reason I'm not so quick to dismiss Eklund rumors as everyone else on their high horse is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad